How to secure career in trading

BuddingTrader007

24 0
I have recently completed my MBA during which my module study included Corporate finance, therefore I am planning to go for career in trading as I am highly interested and enthusiastic about taking it as a career.
I am planning to do CISI in investments and later join trading floor in a proprietary house in order to have some experience on trading floor. Can anyone advice me what all hurdles I can face during my career plan or what can be done more effectively in order to secure career in trading.

B

Black Swan

0 0
This might be a good opportunity for those in the know to state what qualifications/experience firms are looking for in order to step onto the first-rung of a trading career in an institution..

jb323

33 0
This might be a good opportunity for those in the know to state what qualifications/experience firms are looking for in order to step onto the first-rung of a trading career in an institution..
I think This could be one of the most helpful threads... for me and the other few thousand people searching for some decent info on how to break on to the first run of a ladder.

- I would love to here a few peoples stories of how they got into trading at what qualifcations are hit and those to miss??

BuddingTrader007

24 0
can u advice me what can be done to achieve a good career in trading

Blaiserboy

391 24
Learning to trade, and having an account that can prove you know how to trade, would be a great reference for many employers.Then again, once you know how to trade, you may quite well see that you can work independently.

Reactions: Adamus

Adamus

Experienced member
1,898 97
Learning to trade, and having an account that can prove you know how to trade, would be a great reference for many employers.Then again, once you know how to trade, you may quite well see that you can work independently.
Maybe put together a little speech about how you love quantitative easing and the opportunities it would afford you to make millions for your prospective employer, and how you think bonuses for risking other people's money are thoroughly deserved?

Only kidding.

trader_dante

Veteren member
4,535 1,476
Make friends with others on this site.

There will be someone on here that can get you whatever you want, whether that be in prop trading, hedge fund trading etc, regardless of your qualifications.

meanreversion

3,398 535
I have recently completed my MBA during which my module study included Corporate finance, therefore I am planning to go for career in trading as I am highly interested and enthusiastic about taking it as a career.
I am planning to do CISI in investments and later join trading floor in a proprietary house in order to have some experience on trading floor. Can anyone advice me what all hurdles I can face during my career plan or what can be done more effectively in order to secure career in trading.
Have you already been trading your own account?

adopsio

6 0
Hi,

what you think about this courses? Will add something to my CV?

I'm mainly interested in spread betting: I've seen that financial betting is growing very fast, and since I'm already working in the gambling world would be good for me to improve my trading knowledge.

Scotty2Cues

Established member
737 33
alot of companies have entrance tests for graduates. Optiva's FIRST test is 80 questions in 8 minutes, to go through to next round you need to score about 55. They deduct a mark for each incorrect/missed answer and ignore questions after your last response. Think there is a 1% pass rate and if you fail you arent allowed to retake

Chartsy

Experienced member
1,129 82
Tom's right, get people to pm you or something. The underbelly of T2W has some quiet but VERY good traders!

adopsio

6 0
I'm currently working in the gambling industry (online poker), but I'm getting more and more interested in spread betting and forex.

Since I've a master degree in finance and financial betting will be (this is just my opinion) huge in the next years, I was thinking to take specific course on this (I've seen that London School of Business and Finance has some very specific courses about trading and analysis).

Do you think this kind of courses would improve my CV?

D70

Established member
839 195
Firstly, the comments people have made are mostly incorrect.

But secondly. You have done an MBA and want to use this to get into trading????
Did you not seek advice before taking your MBA??
And to wrap it all off, you now ask a forum how you get into trading??

Jesus H.C.

Will someone throw the dog a bone.