Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

It's good that earning money in US market is easy, but at the same time trader should not forget the rules and discipline in Market.

I made a comment recently, "I might be going long a stock in a down market, short a stock in an upmarket. It depends on the stock's behaviour."
Many people like to say you should only trade in the direction of the market, but my many years of trading for a living tell me that is certainly not always so.

Today was definitely a down day, but one of my pre-market alerts was CPB.
I decided to watch it very closely from the open. It was not any of the specific set ups I use, but the price action momentum was very strong so I bought it as soon as I could see that buying surge was there.

It produced a very quick profit of 121c per share.
As always, pointer at entry, image grab at exit.

Attachments

• 25062018CPB.png
    25062018CPB.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 436
I made a comment recently, "I might be going long a stock in a down market, short a stock in an upmarket. It depends on the stock's behaviour."
Many people like to say you should only trade in the direction of the market, but my many years of trading for a living tell me that is certainly not always so.

Today was definitely a down day, but one of my pre-market alerts was CPB.
I decided to watch it very closely from the open. It was not any of the specific set ups I use, but the price action momentum was very strong so I bought it as soon as I could see that buying surge was there.

It produced a very quick profit of 121c per share.
As always, pointer at entry, image grab at exit.

Sorry but what is CPB?

Sorry but what is CPB?

This thread is mainly about US stocks so when you want to find out the name of the company whose symbol is mentioned, just go to Google and type in CPB and you'll see it's Campbell's Soup Company.

Essentially my methods and techniques work well on very many trading instruments, but I prefer US stocks personally. They are very good imho for beginning traders who can trade in the evenings after work since the US market is open from 2.30 pm till 9 pm UK time.

This thread is mainly about US stocks so when you want to find out the name of the company whose symbol is mentioned, just go to Google and type in CPB and you'll see it's Campbell's Soup Company.

Essentially my methods and techniques work well on very many trading instruments, but I prefer US stocks personally. They are very good imho for beginning traders who can trade in the evenings after work since the US market is open from 2.30 pm till 9 pm UK time.

Thanks i did actually google it but it didnt come up with anything useful / obvious, i think its because i googled CPB indicator like a melon :rolleyes:

Five trades today, here are three of them.

SPY and ECA were rising candle set ups, +58c per share and -4c per share respectively. I keep the losers small.

The other was a fast momentum trade based purely on price action, similar to that CPB one, IQ +80c per share.

The two other trades were QQQ scalps.

Attachments

• 27062018ECA.png
    27062018ECA.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 429
  • 27062018IQ.png
    27062018IQ.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 419
  • 27062018SPY.png
    27062018SPY.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 423
Hi Mr. Charts,

I've only recently found this thread so apologies if you have answered this already, but which broker do you use?

Hi Mr. Charts,

I've only recently found this thread so apologies if you have answered this already, but which broker do you use?

interactivebrokers PDT account , but you can also trade cfds with them with a much smaller deposit

Thank-you for your response. Are you still trading? Just asking given the couple of weeks that have passed on this thread with no trading related posts from you.

I've been trading for a living since I gave up my dental practice to trade many years ago.
I only post here intermittently.

I also have frequent holidays ! :)

Reactions: awe
Here is one from this afternoon using the rising candles method; picked up on my scanner when the high of the day at that time was $39.00
109c per share profit

Attachments

• 17072018HUYA.png
    17072018HUYA.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 377
You can trade most decent sized stocks using cfds, like the S&P ETF this afternoon for example.

+68c per share

Attachments

• 19072018SPYcfds.png
    19072018SPYcfds.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 350
Methods can be used on indices and cfds, like QQQ.
The falling candles method worked beautifully this afternoon (UK time) for +105c per share

Attachments

• 30072018QQQCFD.png
    30072018QQQCFD.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 439
Hello Mr. Charts,

In the falling/rising candle setup, when do you enter the trade? I see examples where you enter on the 3rd/4th/5th/ or sometimes 6th falling/rising candle.

Chewy

Hello Mr. Charts,

In the falling/rising candle setup, when do you enter the trade? I see examples where you enter on the 3rd/4th/5th/ or sometimes 6th falling/rising candle.

Chewy

Hello
I scan frequently but the stock might have already been moving when I do the scan. Ideally I like to wait for three consecutive candles with the lows lower than the previous candles in a down move and vice versa in an up move.

Last edited:
I scanned, found, and added SCHW to the alert list and watched it. 20 minutes later it triggered and I shorted it for +98c per share

Attachments

• 01082018SCHW.png
    01082018SCHW.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 443