Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

It is always said that one can make large amounts of wealth in the stock market but at the same time there remains a risk of losing it as well. So, it is very important to be careful while investing so that we could earn money instead of losing in the stock market. It largely depends on the stock.

CIEN was a pre-market choice.

It moved off from the start and I would have caught it earlier but was busy trading BZUN for a much larger gain using a different method.

A good "bread an butter" sort of trade producing +44c per share.

Attachments

• 06032018CIEN.png
    06032018CIEN.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 260
CIEN was a pre-market choice.

It moved off from the start and I would have caught it earlier but was busy trading BZUN for a much larger gain using a different method.

A good "bread an butter" sort of trade producing +44c per share.

Bread-butter gains, savings-like losses hope you avoid this trap.. gj :D

I've been trading since the mid 1990s and actually trading for a living since 2000, so I'm well beyond that sort of thing ! :LOL:

Nice, had a pleasure to read your contribution to t2w trading guide. Deep and meaningful insights thanks

Did you ever do a summary of your method?

Did you ever do a summary of your method so that I don't have to read umteen thousands of posts, Mr. Chart?

Thanks a lot for you sharing your method !

Did you ever do a summary of your method so that I don't have to read umteen thousands of posts, Mr. Chart?

Thanks a lot for you sharing your method !

Good question, but its your turn to sort out precious stuff from the noise

OMER was on my pre-market alert list.
+128c per share falling candle method.

Attachments

• 22032018OMER.png
    22032018OMER.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 442
I found DAL on a scan 15 mins after market open.
My first trade was a scalp which failed and I lost -3c per share.
A little later I traded it again using the method in this thread (two out of six trades today used this method) this time on 3 minute candles.
+80c per share profit

Attachments

• 10042018DALsecondtrade.png
    10042018DALsecondtrade.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 424
Many people looking at the chart alone might ask why cover the short there when there were still falling red candles.
The reason is that I also read actual dynamic price action carefully, (beyond the scope of this thread), and that action suggested the move might well be over. Sometimes it isn't over in these circumstances, (though I'll still be profitable), but usually it is a high probability sign the move is actually coming to an end or reversing.
Here's an image of what happened after I exited.

Attachments

• 10042018DALwhathappenedafterexit.png
    10042018DALwhathappenedafterexit.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 425
My old friend BABA yet again.
+120c per share profit

Attachments

• 25042018BABA.png
    25042018BABA.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 360
Nine trades today, two using the method in this thread.
MU pre-market alert +104c per share
CVS during market scan +22c per share

Attachments

• 27042018MU.png
    27042018MU.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 376
  • 27042018CVS.png
    27042018CVS.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 343
Same exit reasons as mentioned three posts back.
All trades, winners and losers on my blog.

I exited CVS extremely close to the high of the day.
I traded MU another three times for +33c, +18c and -8c

This is what happened to CVS after I exited.

Attachments

• 27042018CVSwhathappenednext.png
    27042018CVSwhathappenednext.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 357
CVS never moved higher.
MU bounced from the exit level.
Reading actual dynamic price action is certainly not infallible but is an extremely useful indicator of what is probably going to happen 70% to 80% of the time.
Without it, most people would have stayed in those trades because all they concern themselves with is candles, support and resistance; all valuable, but not the complete picture.

HPQ was a pre-market alert and was the only trade I did this afternoon using this particular set up.
The stock reached a low only three cents below where I covered.
I exited because price action suggested it might stall or reverse/bounce
5 trades this afternoon, 3 wins, 2 very small losers.

Attachments

• 30052018HPQ.png
    30052018HPQ.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 314
Home Made Software

If you are into charts. Please give me feedback on my homemade charts Stock/Options Combo. I would appreciated it

Cajun Farmer

Attachments

• DoubleScreener.png
    DoubleScreener.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 311
I'm always aware of the overall situation at any time, but when I'm trading stocks I'm trading stocks; when I'm trading an index, I'm trading an index.
I don't trade stocks which simply track an index, I'm looking for exceptional stocks, and always find them.
I might be going long a stock in a down market, short a stock in an upmarket. It depends on the stock's behaviour.
I use several other set ups in trending, ranging, grinding and bouncing conditions. The method in this thread is just one of quite a few I trade most days and weeks.