Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

I saw the news pre-market about the take over of TWTC by LVLT and noted that it was supposed to be accretive to earnings. Pre-market trading in LVLT was quite flat so I didn't put it on my pre-market alert list.
Seven minutes after market open I ran a scan and discovered LVLT was falling nicely and then alerted it to see if I or others might be able to profit from any opportunity which might arise.
The pointer on the chart shows my entry. I frequently don't usually have a pre-determined entry price because I want to see how the price is actually behaving around key levels. I won't enter a position merely because someone, somewhere in the world pays one cent more than the high in an upmove or one cent less than the low in a downmove. That doesn't make sense to me - not as far as stocks are concerned.
In this instance I used the particular set up in this thread and at first sight it might look as if the entry was later than it could have been.
And it was.
So why didn't I short earlier?
Looking at the candles prior to 9.48 EDT they weren't nice and clean so I wasn't convinced price wouldn't chop around. However, once they became nice and clear and clean with price steadily falling I became convinced the probability of a decent move was much better, so I shorted as shown.
When that steady fall seemed to level off I decided to cover and take my profits.
95c per share.

Attachments

• 160614LVLT.PNG
    160614LVLT.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Richard I just asked a question in the Home Trader forum about trading US Stocks with a Limited Company. Would appreciate some feedback from you if you trade with a Limited Company.

Sgy

SGY - Stone Energy Corps 5 min chart 24th June.

Attachments

• dare.JPG
    dare.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 243
hi bewayopa

I actually missed the SGY short trade (hence the after-the-event picture), but it was on my alert radar since the end of May to look for a possible short term high-momentum rejection at or near the marked level. (will attach pic used).

I can't often day trade at the moment so I use daily charts to look for longer term swing-trades, but if I am at home and one of the stocks on my watch-list alerts me to a potential mover then I will watch it intra-day.

When I find potential movers, I use the methods as taught by Mr C, to identify & enter intra-day positions. (mainly using the method shown on this thread). (y)

Attachments

• sgy1.JPG
    sgy1.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
And here is a pic of the rejection candle that later formed at or near the pre-marked area. So on seeing this, I would have put the stock on my watch-list for the next few days and watch price action intra-day.

Hope this helps in some way.

Attachments

• later.png
    later.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 239
Richard I just asked a question in the Home Trader forum about trading US Stocks with a Limited Company. Would appreciate some feedback from you if you trade with a Limited Company.

It's best to get advice from your own accountant as individual circumstances vary.
Richard

Sometimes you run a scan and find you wish you'd run the scan a few minutes earlier :cry: - even when you've been busy trading other stocks !

Attachments

• 080714FEYE.PNG
    080714FEYE.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 315
Never mind, it was still a fairly good day for this time of year, before results season.

can you pls give me some your time, and explain me?:whistling
bcos, my friend, and mb I want invest in this business :D, I not so sure, but my friend now buy some shares.
I very grateful you for help
thx (y)

You must go to your local police station, with your friend, and explain what you want to do and ask for a sales licence. Then give details of your supplier with their full name and address and his signed photograph. Take a sample of your product along with you.

Please follow the advice of Neil. He is very experienced in these matters. Also insist the police officers try the sample in order to verify its genuine nature.The process may take a little while, so set aside some time.

You must go to your local police station, with your friend, and explain what you want to do and ask for a sales licence. Then give details of your supplier with their full name and address and his signed photograph. Take a sample of your product along with you.

I'm sorry I do not understand
If I want to buy shares I need permission from the police? I thought the ownership of shares in principle can not be traced, and it's personal ...:-0