Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

"Anyone take SBUX on break of it's 5th 1min bar?"

Very well done, Steve :)
I was busy on a rising candle trade FAS
Richard

Very well done, Steve :)
I was busy on a rising candle trade FAS
Richard

Cheers Richard

I try really, really hard to NOT get drawn into posting but sometimes I just get so frustrated that newer/learner traders might get 'put off' and misguided for all the wrong reasons and that is, in my opinion, just sad!

Anyway, I will now go away again - LOL
Steve

Stay, Steve, your contributions are always positive and the silent majority appreciate them I'm sure.
The majority succeed and never bother posting here again, unsurprisingly LOL !
Richard

Mr charts. it seems to me that alot of the same stocks are traded on a daily/ weekly basis regarding your method of trading. i know you posted before saying that FAS and FAZ are a couple that are regularly exhibiting the chart patterns described by yourself in this thread. Are there any more you think worth mentioning that should be on my watchlist ?

Thanks Mr Charts:)

I will paper trade for a week or two prior to putting on my first real trade, I have been out of the game for about 6 months so I need that anyway. I had other things always going on (school and a business) the last couple of times I tried to trade so it was hard to focus, now my slate is clear with no liabilities so I will focus 100% on trading only.

I had great entries as a live trader but my emotions had me sell to quick or turn gains into losses by waiting too long, a lot had to do with the lot sizes I was using as a noob. Averaging down was another issue, BUT, the biggest issue I had was not taking the trade, I've seen so many good trades take off on me that I failed to pull the trigger due to fear only.

Mr Charts, I noticed that a lot of the charts you posted are 1 minute, I know you toggle back and forth between different time frames but do you usually make the trades off the 1 minute chart?

Stay, Steve, your contributions are always positive and the silent majority appreciate them I'm sure.
The majority succeed and never bother posting here again, unsurprisingly LOL !
Richard

Ditto. As a new trader to this type of trading, I very much appreciate your contributions, as well as all others!

I traded ANF today at 14:33 EST using this method but only made a small amount as my stop was hit.

Ditto. As a new trader to this type of trading, I very much appreciate your contributions, as well as all others!

I traded ANF today at 14:33 EST using this method but only made a small amount as my stop was hit.

Hi Zing189,

Can you screen shot your next 5 trades please?

Oh well; I read the posts by Zing and Richard (ta) and I felt a bit more enthusiastic about taking the time and effort to say something, or comment on things and maybe, on the very odd occasion, even possibly help someone on the road to being a profitable trader. Then other posts come along and it reminds me not to bother LOL.

Cheers
Steve

Oh well; I read the posts by Zing and Richard (ta) and I felt a bit more enthusiastic about taking the time and effort to say something, or comment on things and maybe, on the very odd occasion, even possibly help someone on the road to being a profitable trader. Then other posts come along and it reminds me not to bother LOL.

Cheers
Steve

Are you saying you trade similar to MrCharts and have made a profit?

Mr charts. it seems to me that alot of the same stocks are traded on a daily/ weekly basis regarding your method of trading. i know you posted before saying that FAS and FAZ are a couple that are regularly exhibiting the chart patterns described by yourself in this thread. Are there any more you think worth mentioning that should be on my watchlist ?

Hi,
Not really. There are some stocks which I trade more than others but not significantly so. I used to have a core list but decided to stop that as I wasn't trading them all that often. Some people like a top down approach, but personally I prefer to focus on stocks which are actually moving. Certainly if you were to notice the gold sector was moving before market open then looking at two or three of the gold stocks would be worthwhile.
Hope that helps,
Richard

Yes, one of the biggest problems is self control and discipline. Some people think they MUST trade and take low probability trades and when they fail.....you know what happens :rolleyes: they conclude if they can't do it, nobody else can :LOL:
Only go for the high probability trades and remember that not taking a particular trade might sometimes be fear, but making a decision not to take a trade you are doubtful about is actually a positive decision.
Also I think it's worth trying to discipline your mind into the approach that you are sitting there to make money, not just to trade.
Richard

Thanks Mr Charts:)

I will paper trade for a week or two prior to putting on my first real trade, I have been out of the game for about 6 months so I need that anyway. I had other things always going on (school and a business) the last couple of times I tried to trade so it was hard to focus, now my slate is clear with no liabilities so I will focus 100% on trading only.

I had great entries as a live trader but my emotions had me sell to quick or turn gains into losses by waiting too long, a lot had to do with the lot sizes I was using as a noob. Averaging down was another issue, BUT, the biggest issue I had was not taking the trade, I've seen so many good trades take off on me that I failed to pull the trigger due to fear only.

Mr Charts, I noticed that a lot of the charts you posted are 1 minute, I know you toggle back and forth between different time frames but do you usually make the trades off the 1 minute chart?

Usually but not always. In a sense fine tuning comes with shorter time frames and even finer tuning with price action.
Richard

My pleasure, zing.