Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

I was away on Friday and return to find the thread has been in the hands of the very capable DionysusToast :) :) :)
Well done, sir !
You've got it ! Spot on trade :)
Best wishes,
Richard

Several trades today, three of which were using this particular method.
Lost -5c on the first, gained +29c on the second and gained +24c on the third.

Of course, the losing ones look the same as the winning ones when I enter the trade. The key is that I follow the exit rules and since I am trading in the direction of the trend and most of the time in the direction of the market, then the probabilities are stacking up on my side.
In the near future I'm going to start showing how the same underlying principles work in reversing stocks as well. There is already an example in post #850

Here's the +29c per share KO trade. As can be seen the exit was following the chart rule I've mentioned many times.
Richard

Attachments

• 100210KO.GIF
    100210KO.GIF
    20 KB · Views: 200
Here's one of a few using this one method from today; a nice bread and butter trade of
+31c a share.
Spot the established trend, jump on board with a tight stop of either the ATR of 12 in this case, or the low of the candle 8c away in case it reverses on you; then follow the chart rule for exit. Straightforward and mechanical. Not rocket science. Follow the trend till the bend at the end. It might not be the end, you can't be sure, but you've banked money using a sensible logical methodology time after time after time, and when the evidence says it is turning against you you've done the right thing by exiting.
Remember, the stock doesn't have to be trending constantly till the time of entry, but it does need to have been trending for a while having clearly broken out of its range.
There are other situations, like in post #850, when there is a new trend after a reversal and this methodology works well with those too.
Richard

Attachments

• 120210HGSI.GIF
    120210HGSI.GIF
    27 KB · Views: 251
PS I know people like to see losing trades, but there aren't many of them to post as most using this approach are profitable. The losing ones are always small - which is the key - as I follow the exit rule or sometimes anticipate the exit and get out sooner.
Trading is a probability business, it's not about finding the start and end of moves every time, though finding the end does happen often.
I think of it like eating in a tapas bar. You intend having a mouthful or two of something, but then you might end up having a lot more. And there are always other dishes to come........
Richard

Mr Charts, if you can post details of your last 200 trades I will tell you exactly how good your approach is? Preferably an excel file. This should be possible with all modern day broker platforms.

Mr Charts, if you can post details of your last 200 trades I will tell you exactly how good your approach is? Preferably an excel file. This should be possible with all modern day broker platforms.

lol, thats the funniest thing I have read in ages on here....

I sure he doesnt need you telling him how good his approach is.

Hi Expert,
Welcome to T2W.
Interesting debut post! Before you make any more, you might like to get hold of a copy of this:

How to Win Friends & Influence People.jpg

;)
Tim.

Hi Expert,
Welcome to T2W.
Interesting debut post! Before you make any more, you might like to get hold of a copy of this:

View attachment 76110

;)
Tim.

Thanks Tim but I am in the game of making money and not making friends. I am here to share what I can. If my questions put some members under pressure then I apologize beforehand.

If you could post your last 200 trades then we can assess whether you are qualified to judge EXACTLY how good Mr C's approach is. Excel will be fine, after all words mean nothing in the financial markets. It is all about numbers.

Thanks Tim but I am in the game of making money and not making friends. I am here to share what I can. If my questions put some members under pressure then I apologize beforehand.
. . . in which case, you won't mind being asked a few questions of your own. If you want to retain an ounce of credibility here, correction - if you want to gain an ounce of credibility here - then your very next post absolutely has to provide the evidence that goes some way to prove that you're 'The Expert' that you claim to be. To do that, see 'foredog's' post, above. It's a case of 'put up or shut up'.
Cheers,
Tim.

Words mean nothing in the financial markets. It is all about numbers.

As if mr Charts who has been trading for some ten years needs an unknown debut poster to tell Mr Charts whether he is successful or otherwise.:rolleyes:

It is not a matter of whether Mr Chart's is successful or not, but whether he can substantiate his claims? After all, it is not I who is posting the charts with little detail about the trades, apart from the gain or loss. Surely any person seriously considering attending a coaching session given by such a person would first of all like to see some real examples of what the "teacher" really knows. Any real trader is aware, you must have a valid sample set to gauge the true effectiveness of a strategy, or approach. Without this it is all just talk. Is Mr Chart's unable to speak for himself, or is he too busy trading?

It is not a matter of whether Mr Chart's is successful or not, but whether he can substantiate his claims? After all, it is not I who is posting the charts with little detail about the trades, apart from the gain or loss.
Clearly you've not read the thread all the way from the beginning. The charts make perfect sense once you understand the strategy which is clearly explaned at the start of the thread.

Surely any person seriously considering attending a coaching session given by such a person would first of all like to see some real examples of what the "teacher" really knows.
All the information contained here is 100% free. You don't need to attend a coaching session with Mr. Charts to benefit from the ideas here. Indeed, who in their right mind would pay to be taught something available from the same person for free? Makes no sense at all!

Any real trader is aware, you must have a valid sample set to gauge the true effectiveness of a strategy, or approach. Without this it is all just talk.
Quite so and, as any real trader is aware, the success ratio and profit ratio that Mr. Charts enjoys has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the results that you, I or the next person might get. So, even if Mr. C' choses to give the info' you request, it's virtually meaningless to everyone other than Mr. C' himself.

Is Mr Chart's unable to speak for himself, or is he too busy trading?
I can't answer that one, save to say that he's probably bored and depressed at the prospect of answering the same old questions that he's answered 100 times before. If you'd care to do a search for other threads by Mr C', you'll see that your points have, over the years, been flogged to death many times. Hence the response from me and some others.
Tim.

It is not a matter of whether Mr Chart's is successful or not, but whether he can substantiate his claims? After all, it is not I who is posting the charts with little detail about the trades, apart from the gain or loss. Surely any person seriously considering attending a coaching session given by such a person would first of all like to see some real examples of what the "teacher" really knows. Any real trader is aware, you must have a valid sample set to gauge the true effectiveness of a strategy, or approach. Without this it is all just talk. Is Mr Chart's unable to speak for himself, or is he too busy trading?

Mr Charts doesn't need to prove anything, to you or anyone else.
You, on the other hand ...

When you were inventing your new moniker (since you are almost certainly a reincarnation), perhaps it should have been "Clockwork", since you are evidently a wind-up merchant.

As a student of Richards, I can say that he is the real deal.

You will not be immediately profitable based on taking his course. It could take you months to reach that point. Think of it like learning to drive. You can have all the theory you want on learning to drive but it's not until you get behind the wheel that you can put it into practice.

I did exchange emails with Richard for a while before jumping in - I asked him some questions about picking stocks for the day and he sent me a lot of stuff for free - the details of which I promised to keep to myself as some people do pay for that.

There was no pressure to take the course, but after some weeks, I did approach Richard about the course details and prices. Again, no pressure to move ahead with it. It wasn't expensive and I went ahead.

As for the questions of showing 200 trades. I do not think it is unreasonable and I do wonder why everyone is attacking the person that asked.

Richard is an adult and it does him a disservice when a 'pack' descends on a person asking a perfectly reasonable question. Like I say, Richard is a big boy and I am sure he can answer this himself.

I'd recommend anyone with interest in looking into this to drop Richard an email and possibly have a chat with him. He's very accessible.

I would also recommend that the pack dogs back off a little because none of the questions asked here about Richard are outrageous in any way. If anything - it shows the people asking the questions want to do a little due dilligence before jumping in.

I would imagine that they have now been chased off.

Richard usually teaches 1 day a week, sometimes 2. On the other days he actually trades. I know this because I have seen the results.

As for stop losses - I use them in day trading religiously.In fact, they are on every trade automatically. With this type of trading, I may be buying 1000 x $60 stock hoping for a 30c+ move.

Now - if my PC crashes, my network goes down or some other disaster occurs, I am protected.

Perhaps the question should be - why does anyone think he's a scammer based on what he posts ?

Plenty of unfounded accusations on this thread now.

Good morning,
Thank you very much to those people who have made positive and supportive comments.
As to the others and to everybody else, read the thread and see if there is anything in it you personally find interesting and useful.
I am happy to answer any sensible questions about this particular method provided I haven't already answered them earlier.
As to other demands, accusations, overt and covert, I really can't be bothered entering into arguments, attempts at flame wars and all the other nonsense that some people seem to enjoy and find entertaining.
I've got better things to do.
People can draw their own conclusions, whatever they might be.