Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Its sounds like you are a mouth piece for Richard.
It is your belief that he has some magical methods.
What he states is not new nor is it guaranteed.
His methods may work at times and at times they may not.
As Richard has stated it is not certain.

Haha. Like I said. I'm not trying to plug Richard. I do know him. And I know he's for real. I don't make money off of him selling courses. I just don't like you painting him off as a snake-oil salesman.
Of course his methods work at times, and at other times they don't work. That's where risk management comes in. There's nothing magical about that. It sounds like you're trying to find a holy grail. There's not a single strategy in the world that works every single trade. But if that's what you're trying to find, then I wish you the best of luck, because you ain't gonna find it.

I know that I, and many others, make good money trading the setups he teaches. And of course those methods have existed for ages. But like PitBull said, if a newbie does his course, it shortens the learning curve a lot, and saves one a lot of money too.

-Dave

Have you paid him any money?

Did he make you take any trades?

IF the answers are no then any losses are your fault. Maybe you took a bad trade, maybe it's just one of those things, everyone loses sometimes. Try having a sample of more the 2 or 3 trades before you cry foul.

And yes Richard probably is a very good seller, I'd imagine he's a good buyer as well:LOL:

No I have not paid him money.

But many have told me they do regret paying him for information.

No he did not make me take any trades.

Of course it is my own fault listening to someones advise.

I must trade the market not Richards opinion.

Haha. Like I said. I'm not trying to plug Richard. I do know him. And I know he's for real. I don't make money off of him selling courses. I just don't like you painting him off as a snake-oil salesman.
Of course his methods work at times, and at other times they don't work. That's where risk management comes in. There's nothing magical about that. It sounds like you're trying to find a holy grail. There's not a single strategy in the world that works every single trade. But if that's what you're trying to find, then I wish you the best of luck, because you ain't gonna find it.

I know that I, and many others, make good money trading the setups he teaches. And of course those methods have existed for ages. But like PitBull said, if a newbie does his course, it shortens the learning curve a lot, and saves one a lot of money too.

-Dave

I am not looking for the holy grail.

I am looking for objective information that does not lead to high costs.

Of course this is the real world and peoples motives eventually show.

Thanks to dvdh and Pitbull for your very kind words and to Ciao and to foredog for your imput.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and good trading to come.
Richard

Thanks to dvdh and Pitbull for your very kind words and to Ciao and to foredog for your imput.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and good trading to come.
Richard

Richard

The best way to shut up complaints is to post live account statements of actual trades done, this can be done by cropping account details.

I would do it if I were selling courses.I do not sell anything.If someone wants to use a forum thread as window for selling courses,reader have to read the opinions cautiously , there may be a hidden agenda or just a sales pitch.

It is useless to post a small portion of the method , to find a new trader following a partial method and failing.Either post the whole method or state it is sales pitch for selling courses.

What information Richard may be able to process and apply to trading , new inexperienced and some experienced traders may not be able to apply and get same results.The true extent of the information Richard uses is not posted here.It is incorrect to assume this method will work for everybody other than Richard.

What I find is most trades and charts are posted after the event .That can easily be done by anyone,therefore this thread lacks credibility.

Methods are very personal and each individual trader should develop his own method , or adapt someone else's method to suit the trader's personality ( risk and expectancy).

O D T

Richard

The best way to shut up complaints is to post live account statements of actual trades done, this can be done by cropping account details.

I would do it if I were selling courses.I do not sell anything.If someone wants to use a forum thread as window for selling courses,reader have to read the opinions cautiously , there may be a hidden agenda or just a sales pitch.

It is useless to post a small portion of the method , to find a new trader following a partial method and failing.Either post the whole method or state it is sales pitch for selling courses.

What information Richard may be able to process and apply to trading , new inexperienced and some experienced traders may not be able to apply and get same results.The true extent of the information Richard uses is not posted here.It is incorrect to assume this method will work for everybody other than Richard.

What I find is most trades and charts are posted after the event .That can easily be done by anyone,therefore this thread lacks credibility.

Methods are very personal and each individual trader should develop his own method , or adapt someone else's method to suit the trader's personality ( risk and expectancy).

O D T

You are correct that anyone can display a screencap of a good chart and state that they traded it successfully.
It appears that Richard is baiting people to become future customers.
When people sell courses for a lot of money because they claim it contains proven "methods" that should send up a red flag.
I think it is wrong but thats just me.

You are correct that anyone can display a screencap of a good chart and state that they traded it successfully.
When people sell courses for a lot of money because they claim it contains proven "methods" that should send up a red flag.

In my many years of hanging around forums ,I have never met a professional trader on forums.The "I am a professional trader " statements from signal sellers,course vendors,training educators etc etc etc is normally to used to impress new traders.I am sure something gives me a feeling MR CHARTS is a true professional.

Professional traders by their title trade for a living ,not sell courses for a living.

In my many years of hanging around forums ,I have never met a professional trader on forums.The "I am a professional trader " statements from signal sellers,course vendors,training educators etc etc etc is normally to used to impress new traders.I am sure something gives me a feeling MR CHARTS is a true professional.

Professional traders by their title trade for a living ,not sell courses for a living.

Would you not want to see any documentation from the inland revenue?

Allen,

Before you claim a strategy does not work, please make sure you are able to trade the strategy the correct way. Besides Richard's strategy, learning to trade ANY strategy requires three disciplinary steps:

1) ALWAYS paper trade the strategy first to understand when the strategy works and when it does not.
2) When trading a strategy with real money, trade small lots. With respect to stocks, start off by trading nothing more than 100 shares. As you build consistency in your profits and gain more confidence, you can increase your lots slowly.
3) Stay away from stocks that are very volatile. The rule of thumb is that stocks over $100 fall into this category, but this does not necessarily have to be the case. For example, stay away from stocks such as GS, AAPL, RIMM, BIDU, etc...

Just by reading your above comments, I can already tell you have violated at least two of the three rules above. You did not paper trade the strategy until you became comfortable with it and you did not stay away from volatile stocks since you traded FSLR.

You also mentioned that you've read through the entire thread, but RIchard has mentioned that you must abide by the above three principles when starting out trading this strategy. Yet, you skipped through these steps and expected to make an immediate profit?

It takes many months to learn how to trade one strategy the right way. It takes many more months to learn how to manage the psychological pressure associated with trading. The fact that you tried this strategy one day or over several days and lost "a lot of money" does not imply the strategy does not work, but rather, you must try to figure out what it is you are doing wrong. First of all, if you are serious about learning this strategy, then start with the above three steps outlined. Keep your expectations realistic - don't expect to make an immediate profits after a couple of days/weeks.

Also, don't forget that Richard also uses Level 2 / Time and Sales to judge entries and exits. This means that although you may have followed the steps of this strategy correctly, it does not imply that it is the ABSOLUTE way of doing things. You most likely do not have the knowledge of reading level 2 as Richard does, which effectively does give him an edge.

I have not paid Richard for his course, but I have attempted his strategy with real money and it worked for me. Of course, if it didn't work tomorrow, then I would not claim that it never works. There are too many variables to consider (I do not read Level 2, but Richard does; I do not have the 10 years trading experience that Richard does; etc...).

So please, just because the strategy does not work for you does not mean it is does not work at all. There's a good chance you traded the strategy incorrectly.

Amit

That's always a very handy clause to have on side...

"Are you sure you traded the method correctly?"

Hahaha...wonderfully professional.

Would you not want to see any documentation from the inland revenue?

Would not be able to confirm from an inland revenue statement , if income is from trading or helping new traders learning.

I have even seen live statements that are forgeries, and spotted them out.

O D T

Would not be able to confirm from an inland revenue statement , if income is from trading or helping new traders learning.

I have even seen live statements that are forgeries, and spotted them out.

O D T

ODT, the accountants that i have used in the past have offices, they have other people working in thier offices like bookkeepers, PAs, secretaries etc. They have normally been through rigorous examination processes, and are overlooked by governing bodies. They are professionals. How the hell can you and i, or anyone else for that matter, talk seriously about 'trading coaches'? You go ahead if you want to, you take the subject seriously, that is entirely your decision. Personally i think it's a joke, that's all i have to say on the matter. Thankyou.

I find to many people waste to much energy questioning and putting down other people.

Even if a method is poor or applied incorrectly you would not of 'lost a lot of money' with good money management skills.

Mr Charts does not have to prove anything by posting live accounts statements, if you don't believe him why trade his methods. Everyone has a choice, you don't have to read his posts and you don't have to buy any of his products. Just move on.

I for one will be staying!

Mr Charts offers detailed training and tuition, live trading etc.. you just could not offer this service without knowing exactly what your talking about, especially when your training someone who is pretty good themselves. Plus alot of the training is spread over several sessions, so if it was no good nobody would continue. I have exchanged several emails with him but decided not to go ahead with nasdaq trading i concentrate on FX.

However I did not get any impression atall of salesman tactics from him there was no hard sell, no emails tempting me to take his course, no spams etc.. just some good honest advice.

Mr Charts offers detailed training and tuition, live trading etc.. you just could not offer this service without knowing exactly what your talking about, especially when your training someone who is pretty good themselves. Plus alot of the training is spread over several sessions, so if it was no good nobody would continue. I have exchanged several emails with him but decided not to go ahead with nasdaq trading i concentrate on FX.

However I did not get any impression atall of salesman tactics from him there was no hard sell, no emails tempting me to take his course, no spams etc.. just some good honest advice.

Mr. Charts does uses this thread as a lure for sales prospects.
It appears that he prefers to sell his course rather than trade.
Some inexperienced traders may learn something from Richards course but they would have paid dearly.

Allen,

Before you claim a strategy does not work, please make sure you are able to trade the strategy the correct way. Besides Richard's strategy, learning to trade ANY strategy requires three disciplinary steps:

1) ALWAYS paper trade the strategy first to understand when the strategy works and when it does not.
2) When trading a strategy with real money, trade small lots. With respect to stocks, start off by trading nothing more than 100 shares. As you build consistency in your profits and gain more confidence, you can increase your lots slowly.
3) Stay away from stocks that are very volatile. The rule of thumb is that stocks over $100 fall into this category, but this does not necessarily have to be the case. For example, stay away from stocks such as GS, AAPL, RIMM, BIDU, etc...

Just by reading your above comments, I can already tell you have violated at least two of the three rules above. You did not paper trade the strategy until you became comfortable with it and you did not stay away from volatile stocks since you traded FSLR.

You also mentioned that you've read through the entire thread, but RIchard has mentioned that you must abide by the above three principles when starting out trading this strategy. Yet, you skipped through these steps and expected to make an immediate profit?

It takes many months to learn how to trade one strategy the right way. It takes many more months to learn how to manage the psychological pressure associated with trading. The fact that you tried this strategy one day or over several days and lost "a lot of money" does not imply the strategy does not work, but rather, you must try to figure out what it is you are doing wrong. First of all, if you are serious about learning this strategy, then start with the above three steps outlined. Keep your expectations realistic - don't expect to make an immediate profits after a couple of days/weeks.

Also, don't forget that Richard also uses Level 2 / Time and Sales to judge entries and exits. This means that although you may have followed the steps of this strategy correctly, it does not imply that it is the ABSOLUTE way of doing things. You most likely do not have the knowledge of reading level 2 as Richard does, which effectively does give him an edge.

I have not paid Richard for his course, but I have attempted his strategy with real money and it worked for me. Of course, if it didn't work tomorrow, then I would not claim that it never works. There are too many variables to consider (I do not read Level 2, but Richard does; I do not have the 10 years trading experience that Richard does; etc...).

So please, just because the strategy does not work for you does not mean it is does not work at all. There's a good chance you traded the strategy incorrectly.

Amit

What I am saying is Richards "methods" do not work any better than just good common sense trading.
Maybe you should try using some?
Richard is a smart salesman who takes advantage of unsuspecting people.
He is not the first who has done this.
It is easier to fool someone out of their money than to successfully trade the markets.

ODT, the accountants that i have used in the past have offices, they have other people working in thier offices like bookkeepers, PAs, secretaries etc. They have normally been through rigorous examination processes, and are overlooked by governing bodies. They are professionals. How the hell can you and i, or anyone else for that matter, talk seriously about 'trading coaches'? You go ahead if you want to, you take the subject seriously, that is entirely your decision. Personally i think it's a joke, that's all i have to say on the matter. Thankyou.

I agree with you I think Mr. Charts is a joke also.
He is the type of person who hijacks the ideas of others and claims they are his.
Then he has the ego to sell it to the world.
This is a good money making strategy much better than trading.

I find to many people waste to much energy questioning and putting down other people.

Even if a method is poor or applied incorrectly you would not of 'lost a lot of money' with good money management skills.

Mr Charts does not have to prove anything by posting live accounts statements, if you don't believe him why trade his methods. Everyone has a choice, you don't have to read his posts and you don't have to buy any of his products. Just move on.

I for one will be staying!

I am just pointing out that Mr. Charts is not very honest.
Which is very sad that he has to lower himself to that level.
His motives must be questioned.