Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Good trading on GRMN!

I just used your strategy and took a 20 cent scalp out of WLP. It's still making your pattern but my target was around the 52 dollar whole number and that is where I closed it out. Check it out if you're interested!

Amit

Thanks amit - well done to you too

Just taken another +$1.04 GRMN
Check out the 1 min for yourself

Guys I've been too busy to take screen shots - another cracking good day
Richard

Can you brief the time of exit/entry, so I can see it on my chart? It is easier to check on chart.

thanks.

It's clear if you look at a 1 min chart
Short 29.65 15:40 UK (10:40 Eastern)
Covered 28.61 15:48 UK (10:48 Eastern)

I see you have just joined this site today........have you had time to read this entire thread?
The purpose of this thread is to provide people with a method they can test for themselves and then decide if they want to use it.
How much I make is not relevant to how much someone else can make as I have several years experience trading full time using this and several other set ups.
I don't have to prove myself to anybody - test the method thoroughly and comprehensively for yourself to see if it's right for you personally.

I see you have just joined this site today........have you had time to read this entire thread?
The purpose of this thread is to provide people with a method they can test for themselves and then decide if they want to use it.
How much I make is not relevant to how much someone else can make as I have several years experience trading full time using this and several other set ups.
I don't have to prove myself to anybody - test the method thoroughly and comprehensively for yourself to see if it's right for you personally.

I have read your entire thread and I have tried your methods.
Your methods did not work for me on any stocks today.
Of course not all theorys work for everyone.

This early trade was a fast mover using this technique, but only very experienced traders should do this particular sort of thing as it was a volatile stock.
I'm mentioning it as I know there are such experienced people reading this thread.
So, although most trades on this thread can be done by anybody who is decisive, this one is NOT for beginners !
+$1.33 FSLR

Richard

I traded this stock using your methods and I lost a lot of money.
Buyer beware. Some methods are overrated.

If you have no idea what you are doing, please don't trade. It's all well and good reading about this method, but if you don't understand what you are doing you are always going to take a hit no matter how good the method.

I have added this strategy to my trading and it makes me money! (Cheers Richard!)

Post some charts, illustrate you trades. I'm sure that then people would be willing to help you. As it stands, you are moaning about something you obviously have very little understanding of. If you are going to jump straight in, learn to swim first.

Hi Allen,

Just out of curiosity, what stocks did you try to trade this strategy with today?

Amit

I have read your entire thread and I have tried your methods.
Your methods did not work for me on any stocks today.
Of course not all theorys work for everyone.

Just taken another +$1.10 out of GRMN
Didn't take screen shot of chart, but check out the 1 min candles and you will see falling candles as per this thread and then exited when candle took out high of previous.
A nice bite out of the move
Richard

Hi Richard - great trading on GRMN!(- it might be worth watching again today for a further pullback or recovery play). I think your first trade after the market opened, was just after 2.30pm (9.30am EST). The market changed direction very quickly and went up with a bang just after the open - what info did you have on GRMN which made you fairly confident it would trade down regardless of the trend that day? - or were you just prepared to jump out quick if it reversed?

- I'm wary about trading against the trend on a particular day (- but I also lack your experience & judgement :smart: to know when that might be appropriate)

Thanks

Thanks for your kind words P Bear and bm200906.

bm,
Re-GRMN
The reason it was on my watch list pre-market was the results. I never trade results as such, but if one of my dozen set ups happens is then triggered then I'll take the trade. The pre-market one was because it had gapped up and was then sold off before market open and the set up on this thread was triggered so I took the trade. I used a reduced position size because it was volatile and it came close to a scratch exit a couple of times but went on to produce a decent pre-market gain.
The stock was moving its own way regardless of the market under the influence of the reaction of traders/investors to the news. The reasons for the reaction don't really matter in a sense as I trade the reaction. There were plenty of reasons why it sold off and I won't go into them as I simply traded what was actually happening and didn't form an opinion as to what might happen. I don't trade anyone's opinion and not mine either.
The trades during regular market hours were simply set ups and triggers. I didn't have any info about what would happen or an opinion, I just traded my methods.
Hope that helps.
Richard

The fact that you lost money trading Richard's method, says more about you as a trader, than it does about his methods. You come here, with 3 posts to your name, joining this month, so you don't have a lot of credibility.

I've been a full time daytrader for 5 years now. I also trade the setups Richard trades, and they make money, every single day. There are opportunities in a boat load of stocks every day. As long as you wait for them to set up.

I'm not trying to plug Richard here. But most people on this thread know Richard, and know he's for real. And I can vouch for that too, knowing Richard personally.
Also, non of his methods are overrated.
If you're a disciplined trader, that waits for the patterns to set up, you will make money. If you overtrade and don't wait patiently and disciplined, it will cost you a lot of money, as will any other strategy.

Pretty sure, everyone will agree with me!

-Dave

well I can say one thing about Mr. Chart method….. when I read his first post it did a lot to my ego because I could approach his strategy with familiarity to mine …. I am not a pro like him but I can assure you that, that method bring you quite few ££££€€€$$$....

I quote P_Bear because IMO he say it all…..
If you have no idea what you are doing, please don't trade. It's all well and good reading about this method, but if you don't understand what you are doing you are always going to take a hit no matter how good the method.

I have added this strategy to my trading and it makes me money! (Cheers Richard!)

Post some charts, illustrate you trades. I'm sure that then people would be willing to help you. As it stands, you are moaning about something you obviously have very little understanding of. If you are going to jump straight in, learn to swim first.

Have a second thought and practice it well then you will see that “green “ will come your way…. Unless you are not apt to that strategy… we all trade in different way

Good luck

Couldn't of said it better myself Dave. To reiterate, method discipline and patience is key in this game. Richards methods work to the tee, it just takes lots of practice and bundles of humility. I genuinely hope you on the road to recovery Dave.

Best wishes to you and Pete

Couldn't of said it better myself Dave. To reiterate, method discipline and patience is key in this game. Richards methods work to the tee, it just takes lots of practice and bundles of humility. I genuinely hope you on the road to recovery Dave.

Best wishes to you and Pete

Hey Lee,

thanks man. Yeah, I'm doing great again. I've recovered completely, I just have a big scar on my eyebrow, but that will fade away in a year or so!

Trade safe,

-Dave

Richard has no monopoly on "methods".
He is repeating what others have said in the past.
The markets are the markets.
Richard is a very good salesman.

The fact that you lost money trading Richard's method, says more about you as a trader, than it does about his methods. You come here, with 3 posts to your name, joining this month, so you don't have a lot of credibility.

I've been a full time daytrader for 5 years now. I also trade the setups Richard trades, and they make money, every single day. There are opportunities in a boat load of stocks every day. As long as you wait for them to set up.

I'm not trying to plug Richard here. But most people on this thread know Richard, and know he's for real. And I can vouch for that too, knowing Richard personally.
Also, non of his methods are overrated.
If you're a disciplined trader, that waits for the patterns to set up, you will make money. If you overtrade and don't wait patiently and disciplined, it will cost you a lot of money, as will any other strategy.

Pretty sure, everyone will agree with me!

-Dave

Its sounds like you are a mouth piece for Richard.
It is your belief that he has some magical methods.
What he states is not new nor is it guaranteed.
His methods may work at times and at times they may not.
As Richard has stated it is not certain.

You're right, but what Richard has done is to package up something that really works. He talks the talk and walks the walk. So many newbies search far and wide to make them successful. Shorten the learning curve and see Richard. It's up to you, but I know what I would do and I made that jump and am very successful

Richards has no monpoly on "methods".
He is repeating what others have said in the past.
The markets are the markets.
Richard is a very good salesman.

Have you paid him any money?

Did he make you take any trades?

IF the answers are no then any losses are your fault. Maybe you took a bad trade, maybe it's just one of those things, everyone loses sometimes. Try having a sample of more the 2 or 3 trades before you cry foul.

And yes Richard probably is a very good seller, I'd imagine he's a good buyer as well:LOL: