Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

All 13 of my techniques also work well on ETFs (exchange trade funds).
For example, FAS, which is a highly liquid ETF which, (together with FAZ) work well in moving financial markets.
FAS is a financial bull stock ETF - yes, trade what's happening, not what the so called economic experts and news journos say.
Here's an example from just after market open today using the rising candles technique discussed in this thread.
+38c per share

All my trades will go on my blog later today or tomorrow morning.

Richard

This site really has some good trades.

Mr. Charts,

I hope you will post some more of your trades. I used your technique on RIMM today and it worked very nicely.

Thank You,

Alan

Mr. Charts,

Please continue to post some of your best charts on this thread.

I had a good trade in SWC today using your methods.

Using the information that you have posted on this thread works great in this current market.

Thanks,

Alan

I'm posting all my stock trades on my blog on my website - winners and losers !
Richard

Mr. Charts,

I am interested in seeing more posts on your website blog.

I do realize you are a busy man and I appreciate your efforts.

Thanks for this thread and your blog posts.

Alan

Thanks for your kind words. My trade blog is updated with all my wins and losses.

Here are a couple of trades in SINA from y'day when I used this particular method.
Both are only for experienced people as the volatility is higher.

First trade
+53c per share

Attachments

• 290911SINA.GIF
    290911SINA.GIF
    15.3 KB · Views: 330
Entry at point of white line and exit at time image taken.
Oh, and before anyone says SINA can't be shorted - drivel.
Richard

Mr. Charts Could you tell me: most of your trade do you make in the first 3 hours (ET 9-30 till 12-00)?
or you cant say so and you look at setups through ET 12-00 - 14-00 and make not less trades at that time too?
ET 9-30 till 12-00 is the best time for futures sp500, but i dont know what about stocks.

FAZ and FAS present good opportunities during times of financial turmoil.
Here's my early FAZ trade yesterday which produced 185c per share profit using the method in this thread.
I've updated my trade blog for those looking for losing trades ::rolleyes:
Richard

Attachments

• 051011FAZ.GIF
    051011FAZ.GIF
    15.9 KB · Views: 296
Hi

I am well past 100 trades using this method now and achieving a reasonable positive expectancy but I realize I can improve discipline in certain aspects. I was wondering if anyone has implemented rules to follow when there is a fast move in price in your desired direction?

I suppose this is the 'classic' "try to stay in the trade without giving back too much profit.

Sometimes, price moves so quick that exit rules discussed here aren't, maybe, ideal. I was thinking along the lines of trailing a stop 1 ATR behind price. Anyway, I realise I can try various things but if anyone has already done so then maybe you could share?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Hi

I am well past 100 trades using this method now and achieving a reasonable positive expectancy but I realize I can improve discipline in certain aspects. I was wondering if anyone has implemented rules to follow when there is a fast move in price in your desired direction?

I suppose this is the 'classic' "try to stay in the trade without giving back too much profit.

Sometimes, price moves so quick that exit rules discussed here aren't, maybe, ideal. I was thinking along the lines of trailing a stop 1 ATR behind price. Anyway, I realise I can try various things but if anyone has already done so then maybe you could share?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Steve,
I've alluded to not waiting for the chart exit signal to trigger but getting out if things change on L2 T&S, but that's beyond the scope of this thread and I'm not going into it in detail.
Purely on a chart basis, trailing your stop 1 ATR behind price is good. You can scale out of a position (I sometimes do) if price behaviour changes, for example if a quickly moving stock suddenly slows down and you can't tell if it is going to pause or reverse.
I'm currently working on an article eSignal invited me to write for their Trader Education Center and that will include other ways of exiting. You don't have to be an eSignal subscriber to read their articles so it might be worth having a look at that article, though it probably won't be published before November or December.
Richard

Steve,
I've alluded to not waiting for the chart exit signal to trigger but getting out if things change on L2 T&S, but that's beyond the scope of this thread and I'm not going into it in detail.
Purely on a chart basis, trailing your stop 1 ATR behind price is good. You can scale out of a position (I sometimes do) if price behaviour changes, for example if a quickly moving stock suddenly slows down and you can't tell if it is going to pause or reverse.
I'm currently working on an article eSignal invited me to write for their Trader Education Center and that will include other ways of exiting. You don't have to be an eSignal subscriber to read their articles so it might be worth having a look at that article, though it probably won't be published before November or December.
Richard

Richard, thanks for taking the time to reply. I look forward to the article.

Cheers
Steve

No

I used to have a list of favourite stocks, but I now choose a new list every day and which is updated during the day. They are published elsewhere on a private site together with my winners and losers immediately they happen.

Ones which I find pre-market and using scanners during market hours - and which produce any of the 13 set ups I use.
how long does it take to look for stocks before market opens?
do you trade mostly stocks you find before market opens or mostly during hours?