How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Trader333

8,502 881
I thought there was some law in equities that you couldn't short on an uptick....????
It used to be the case that you could ONLY short on an uptick and not as you have stated which is the exact opposite. This is no longer the case and there is no uptick rule any more.

This is the second time this has come up in this thread and a reply was given to johnnyonspot who first mentioned it.

Paul

keano

327 30
Lots of threads around that short selling in the US has now been banned.
Does this affect you?

foredog

Experienced member
1,879 313
I'm sure in the uk you can still short stocks like man group or III ICAP etc and i'm sure there must be other financial stocks around the world to short as Richard has shown ( Thanks for your time) there are plenty of stocks to trade every day....

trendie

Legendary member
6,233 1,007
is this thread dead? Mr.Charts hasn't posted here for 2 weeks or so.

timsk

Legendary member
7,087 1,880
is this thread dead? Mr.Charts hasn't posted here for 2 weeks or so.
Hi trendie,
First and foremost, Richard is a trader. He gives his time freely on T2W to help members who aren't as far down the trading road as he is, whereas, most of us participate on these boards in order to learn from Richard and the handful of other members who really know their stuff. (obviously, you're in the former category trendie ;)) Unsurprisingly, Richard gets pretty hacked off when - having put much time and effort into a thread like this - people start to question his motives with insinuating and insulting e-mails and PM's. As anyone who trades full time will testify, trading is an absorbing and demanding profession. Anything 'left in the tank' at the end of the day is best spent on family and leisure interests, rather than responding to petty minded people who stir up the emotions and drain one's resources. It is for this reason - and not for the first time - that Richard has decided to put this thread and T2W - on the shelf for the time being. Perhaps, if we continue to post to the thread with our trades, he may be tempted to return . . .
Tim.

trendie

Legendary member
6,233 1,007
Hi trendie,
First and foremost, Richard is a trader. He gives his time freely on T2W to help members who aren't as far down the trading road as he is, whereas, most of us participate on these boards in order to learn from Richard and the handful of other members who really know their stuff. (obviously, you're in the former category trendie ;)) Unsurprisingly, Richard gets pretty hacked off when - having put much time and effort into a thread like this - people start to question his motives with insinuating and insulting e-mails and PM's. As anyone who trades full time will testify, trading is an absorbing and demanding profession. Anything 'left in the tank' at the end of the day is best spent on family and leisure interests, rather than responding to petty minded people who stir up the emotions and drain one's resources. It is for this reason - and not for the first time - that Richard has decided to put this thread and T2W - on the shelf for the time being. Perhaps, if we continue to post to the thread with our trades, he may be tempted to return . . .
Tim.
didnt realise this was the reason. I tend to "tune out" the garbage, so I only focus on his trades/posts.

shame if he has stopped posting. his threads are ones I like to catch up on.

deepete

49 1
I have great respect for Mr Charts and other traders like him who give up their time to help part time traders like myself with support and strategies.Hope he comes back soon.
Peter

timsk

Legendary member
7,087 1,880
Hi Peter,
Mr. Charts is disinclined to continue with the thread for the reasons given in my last post. However, there's no reason why you (or anyone else) can't post trades based on the ideas presented thus far. Essentially, it's a very simple trend trading technique. That is to say, Richard makes it look easy! Therein lies the rub. Personally, I really struggle with it; I've lost count of the times I've sold the L.o.D. and bought the H.o.D. In a slightly perverse way, I'm faintly proud of the fact that I once managed to buy the exact high and sell the exact low of the same stock on the same day. I can't imagine what the odds are against doing that!
Cheers,
Tim.

ely37

55 12
Hi Tim,

I take it that you weren't too successful with this trending strategy? It looks simple enough, but it still seems like a 50/50 chance to me. L2 might give some insights, but I don't know if it would help that much. Perhaps the trending was going for too long before you jump in? Or were you having second thoughts and made you take longer to pull the trigger? I know I have that issue. Doubting myself, only to see that my guess is accurate, jump it and BAM! I get taken.

Oh well, live and learn.