Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Re- post 1277
I've had several emails asking for the chart, so here it is.
+$2.97 per share

Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone :)
Richard

Attachments

• 171210ITMN.GIF
    171210ITMN.GIF
    17.1 KB · Views: 256
Mr. Charts -- I recently discovered T2W and just finished reading this entire thread for the first time. Gladly, this is one of the initial T2W threads I looked at and, like a good book, I had a hard time taking breaks from the thread and couldn't wait to come back for more until I finished it this evening. How refreshing it has been when compared to all the other trading information that I've absorbed (or perhaps failed to) during my rookie year trading part time and with disappointing results. I'm extremely grateful for your generous efforts and the opportunity to learn and benefit from all that you've shared in this thread. I'm also grateful to the many others who have made productive comments in this thread. I've just started the past two days sim-trading what I gleaned of your set-up and rules and it certainly seems to be working! Please keep posting. Thank you!!!

I live in California, so I can only trade the first hour of the US equities market before I have to leave for my office. Judging from a number of your posts and charts, your set up is quite useable during the first market hour, correct?

Many, many thanks again for all you've shared. A happy, healthy and prosperous new year to you and your family.

Jim

I have read only the first 5 or 6 pages and the last 2 - maybe there are quite a few losers in the posts in between, but I am skeptical of any trading system which cannot be put into simple rules - setup, entry, follow through, exit - and which shows picture perfect winning trades.
To be frank, this thread smells a bit...sorry.

I have read only the first 5 or 6 pages and the last 2 - maybe there are quite a few losers in the posts in between, but I am skeptical of any trading system which cannot be put into simple rules - setup, entry, follow through, exit - and which shows picture perfect winning trades.
To be frank, this thread smells a bit...sorry.

I follow this thread a lot too. and. i can agree with you. it does smell a bit.....

It reeks of money and profits....... a most successful daytrader is sharing his knowledge every day of the week and trying to teach others....

I sorta like the smell, I also like to see his charts and see what he is looking for. there are many many many examples. sorta like a very enhanced learning..... all one has to do is to learn to scan for similar situations.

YUP. it stinks... ( maybe you should take each one of his charts and learn something. that is why he posts them)

Mr. Charts -- I recently discovered T2W and just finished reading this entire thread for the first time. Gladly, this is one of the initial T2W threads I looked at and, like a good book, I had a hard time taking breaks from the thread and couldn't wait to come back for more until I finished it this evening. How refreshing it has been when compared to all the other trading information that I've absorbed (or perhaps failed to) during my rookie year trading part time and with disappointing results. I'm extremely grateful for your generous efforts and the opportunity to learn and benefit from all that you've shared in this thread. I'm also grateful to the many others who have made productive comments in this thread. I've just started the past two days sim-trading what I gleaned of your set-up and rules and it certainly seems to be working! Please keep posting. Thank you!!!

I live in California, so I can only trade the first hour of the US equities market before I have to leave for my office. Judging from a number of your posts and charts, your set up is quite useable during the first market hour, correct?

Many, many thanks again for all you've shared. A happy, healthy and prosperous new year to you and your family.

Jim

Hello Jim,
Thank you for your very kind words.
You are, of course, quite right to have read the entire thread and I'm very pleased you've found it useful.
Posts like yours and the emails I get make me feel all the time and effort that I've put into this thread have been worthwhile.
If you have any questions or need any clarification please feel free to email me and I'll see if I can answer them.
A Very Happy New Year to you and to all my friends on t2w :)
Richard

I follow this thread a lot too. and. i can agree with you. it does smell a bit.....

It reeks of money and profits....... a most successful daytrader is sharing his knowledge every day of the week and trying to teach others....

I sorta like the smell, I also like to see his charts and see what he is looking for. there are many many many examples. sorta like a very enhanced learning..... all one has to do is to learn to scan for similar situations.

YUP. it stinks... ( maybe you should take each one of his charts and learn something. that is why he posts them)

Blaiserboy, yes, I like the smell around here too. It's like a phermone, it excites me.

Sharkfin, do set some hours aside and read the whole thread. This is about just one of Richard's setups. You are not likely to see 'picture perfect' sets for a couple of reasons.

Firstly many likely stocks are being continually scanned, software and eyeball, and it's easy to miss the optimum moment on any particular one. Secondly, and IMHO more importantly, entry and exit are (certainly for me - as a newbie at day trading) suggested and supported by Level 2 activity; so the chart 'after the event' is very unlikely to show that you nailed the absolute optimum price moves.

Do read the thread in its entirety, and as Blaiserboys suggests, examine Richard's charts and notes. There are winners and losers and lessons to learn.

Happy New Year.

Paul

His teaching/sharing technique is to show a little bit and allow the reader to do some digging independently, rather than cramming something into a reader that the reader may not want to accept, sorta like allowing the student to learn as he is ready.

I am quite sure when someone discovers a technique or can get some similar results from a scan that they can post a chart with a couple questions and get an excellent response.

Cheers Blaiser.

I hope you arn't falling into the typical newbie trap of hero worship
I can refer everyone to the following thread at forex factory

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=27286

This guy preyed on the naivete of newbies.

The difference between this jacko fellow & Mr Charts .... is that the latter hasn't as of yet started out a ponzi fund .from what I gather ... but who knows?

I find it really interesting how the private community of suckers who have wasted their cash on methods probably completely available freely on the interweb are kept at arms length from Charty pants' main marketing vehicle (i.e. this one)

Yeah mate .... he got that from James16 on Forex Factory

Whereas James16 encourages newbies to develop their own styles approaches (which I presume you will also find if you last long enough at this game without giving too much of your hard earned cash away to Sheisters) .... he instructs everyone on the basic principles of PA, money management etc. (although I must say I still have some reservations as to some of the approaches mentioned there)

Unlike the James16 thread (which incidentally I would encourage everyone who is starting out to look at http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=2331)
Mr Charts does not give any instructions due to his extensive commitments :rolleyes:

Unlike J16, this thread is all about opaqueness, ambiguity etc. I even believe that TIMSK at some stage suggested that we should keep this thread as clean as possible ;)
No doubt we should be expecting some kind of clean up soon then :LOL:

His teaching/sharing technique is to show a little bit and allow the reader to do some digging independently, rather than cramming something into a reader that the reader may not want to accept, sorta like allowing the student to learn as he is ready.

I am quite sure when someone discovers a technique or can get some similar results from a scan that they can post a chart with a couple questions and get an excellent response.

I wonder why you write all that in this thread.

I use my own programs for trading, automated systems, I think this thread is a great place to get ideas from.

No need for you to be lecturing people about an off topic matter in here. Lets keep it to a learning thread, not diatribes of people wanting to postulate.

Cheers Blaiser.

I hope you arn't falling into the typical newbie trap of hero worship
I can refer everyone to the following thread at forex factory

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=27286

This guy preyed on the naivete of newbies.

The difference between this jacko fellow & Mr Charts .... is that the latter hasn't as of yet started out a ponzi fund .from what I gather ... but who knows?

I find it really interesting how the private community of suckers who have wasted their cash on methods probably completely available freely on the interweb are kept at arms length from Charty pants' main marketing vehicle (i.e. this one)

If you got something from this thread Blaiserboy great for you!

I'm just a tad bit suspicious in the way this thread has developed.

The problem with just posting up winning charts with insufficient reasoning as to why the trade was entered, exit/entry criteria etc, is that many newbies remain none the wiser as to the best way to proceed. Just read through TIMSK's earlier understanding of the thread ..... he thought the method had something to do with curviture, someone else interjected later on, mentioning that no - Charts' method relies more on breakouts ..... etc. So I guess you get my drift (at least I hope you do :))

You may notice something in the post, someone else may have noticed something completely different. The net result would be the same as that gleaned from reading the horiscope in the daily newspaper!

I am not trying to postulate anything .... in effect I would like to be proven wrong with a clear and concise outline of Charts' approach.

As things stand, this thread may be more harmful to newbies than useful, as a newbie could imagine a lot more erroneous facts

Cheers Blaiser ... & Happy New Year

I wonder why you write all that in this thread.

I use my own programs for trading, automated systems, I think this thread is a great place to get ideas from.

No need for you to be lecturing people about an off topic matter in here. Lets keep it to a learning thread, not diatribes of people wanting to postulate.

The problem with just posting up winning charts with insufficient reasoning as to why the trade was entered, exit/entry criteria etc, is that many newbies remain none the wiser as to the best way to proceed. Just read through TIMSK's earlier understanding of the thread ..... he thought the method had something to do with curviture, someone else interjected later on, mentioning that no - Charts' method relies more on breakouts ..... etc. So I guess you get my drift (at least I hope you do :))
spreader_legger,
If you're going to reference views expressed by other subscribers, please have the courtesy to quote specific posts so that members can verify for themselves exactly what was - or wasn't - said and draw their own conclusions. Your interpretation of my comments could well be very different from everyone else's. As it is, the alleged 'curvature' comment doesn't ring any bells with me!
Cheers,
Tim.

Sure thing buddy!

I see they've even got some guys recommending your interpretation of Mr Charts approaches :cheesy:

Not that that means anything as I have often recommended the more ridiculous comments made by ODT as a joke

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-...ey-trading-markets-post538758.html#post538758

please note that when Mr Charts looks only at the cleanest trends .... that by definition I refer to as curviture ...... so my appologies, you never in fact used that precise word before :cry:

Incidentally, going back through the posts, I have become increasingly impressed by Mr Charts reactions ..... from throwing a strop ... i.e. withdrawing his contributions (kind of like that V series where the Visitors threaten to leave the humans behind - perhaps they got that idea from Mr Charts ! :p) to avoiding direct confrontation with any kind of criticism. ....i.e. leave this task to the multi Nics & Timsk

Boy am I getting scinical :-0 but I'm still waiting to be proven wrong by the big guy himself

spreader_legger,
If you're going to reference views expressed by other subscribers, please have the courtesy to quote specific posts so that members can verify for themselves exactly what was - or wasn't - said and draw their own conclusions. Your interpretation of my comments could well be very different from everyone else's. As it is, the alleged 'curvature' comment doesn't ring any bells with me!
Cheers,
Tim.

Hello Jim,
Thank you for your very kind words.
You are, of course, quite right to have read the entire thread and I'm very pleased you've found it useful.
Posts like yours and the emails I get make me feel all the time and effort that I've put into this thread have been worthwhile.
If you have any questions or need any clarification please feel free to email me and I'll see if I can answer them.
A Very Happy New Year to you and to all my friends on t2w :)
Richard

Go on...admit it...you are in fact Jim ;

Happy new year to all!

I agree in part with S_L in that the thread can be ambiguous and of course it is a bit of a sales pitch for Mr Charts private tuition which he does not hide. And OK, writing about losing trades is not good for business. But take that into consideration and glean what you can for free without moaning. If not, sign up, pay your dues and get all the help you want from Mr Charts services.

But how can you say James16 is any different. He also setup his own pay site after starting a free thread on FF. He even tried to stop other previous members of his Group from going it alone, as if trends, support and resistance were his idea!

You said yourself that J16 gives you ideas and leaves you to put it together yourself. Is that not what you are complaining about here? Which do you want, that, or a complete, concise explanation and an e-mail to tell you that you should press the buy/sell button each trade? Oh and you want the latter for free? :?:

Would that help a newbie learn more? I think not.

It's the same old story. Almost everything is available on the net for free if you have the time. Books, Music, Software, Trading techniques etc (some of it is even legal!:cool:). If your time is more valuable to you, then it costs money for someone else to prepare it for you. Fair enough.

I personally thank Mr Charts for his continued efforts on T2W and good luck to him in his teaching and trading ventures.(y)

Thank you to all the people who have made positive contributions on this thread, and a Very Happy New Year to you.
There are some charts of losing trades here, not many because I only get a small number using this particular method. I do get losing trades every day as all traders do. Today, for example, I traded six times and lost once. There were two trades using this method and I have charts of them, both winners but I can't be bothered to post them on this site.
I do not get involved in the nonsense of flame wars, can't be bothered and have no appetite for it.
If anyone has a question and has read the whole thread, they can email me, but please let me know your t2w handle.
Richard

No worries Coops.

Happy New Year buddy.

I agree with you, there is nothing wrong with making a bit of pocket change on the side FYI I have paid for a very good and useful service in the past. Unlike this guy though, everything was transparent & as clear as day. The methodology was clearly outlined at the beginning in the forum .... no smoke & mirror tactics etc. People had an initial access period free of charge. All trades were accurately recorded both losers & winners .... oh & yeah, it was far less expensive than Chart's products.

But leaving this just to one side. I think the comparison between Charts & J16 is most disingenuous. For one thing, people there are given guidance as to when to use a given setup with J16 & seniors giving full reasonings behind their trade decisions.
It is clearly explained to everyone that all the necessary information is provided within the public site - i.e. no essential information is withheld

And no, there was no Shill on the J16 site, recommending that James' thread should remain clear of newbie contributions etc. instead, there was a conserted effort made by Seniors & James alike to go through trades posted with additional thoughts and comments posted where they saw fit.

In this thread, even Charts' colleague - TIMSK does not know when to use his green candle stick buy & red candle stick sell setup. Or was it the guy who thought you used it for range breakouts :rolleyes: I too can string a pile of charts together in what may appear as some kind of abstract Pollock masterpiece. I rather suspect Mr Charts is afraid to ellucidate further, as he does not have a workable method. Were he as successful as he claims to be, I am sure some fund out there would jump at the opportunity for him to work for them!

Perhaps the method is not scalable? Then why the hell teach it to loads of other students, thus watering down potential opportunities ... but I digress

I think its better to equate this thread to Jacko's. Jacko also had a propensity for very high win rates. He had a whole host of followers (some multi niks, some criminal cohorts, & some newbies hoping to ingraciate themselves to the guy in the hope of attaining that success that had eluded them for so long)

If you get something out of this thread ... then good for you, but I rather suspect you are simply interpretiing what you see from information gained elsewhere. Remember, if you want to find something, you often will, even if its not there!

Happy new year to all!

I agree in part with S_L in that the thread can be ambiguous and of course it is a bit of a sales pitch for Mr Charts private tuition which he does not hide. And OK, writing about losing trades is not good for business. But take that into consideration and glean what you can for free without moaning. If not, sign up, pay your dues and get all the help you want from Mr Charts services.

But how can you say James16 is any different. He also setup his own pay site after starting a free thread on FF. He even tried to stop other previous members of his Group from going it alone, as if trends, support and resistance were his idea!

You said yourself that J16 gives you ideas and leaves you to put it together yourself. Is that not what you are complaining about here? Which do you want, that, or a complete, concise explanation and an e-mail to tell you that you should press the buy/sell button each trade? Oh and you want the latter for free? :?:

Would that help a newbie learn more? I think not.

It's the same old story. Almost everything is available on the net for free if you have the time. Books, Music, Software, Trading techniques etc (some of it is even legal!:cool:). If your time is more valuable to you, then it costs money for someone else to prepare it for you. Fair enough.

I personally thank Mr Charts for his continued efforts on T2W and good luck to him in his teaching and trading ventures.(y)

Interpretation. If you critisise me I will not help you, if you question me, I will not help you.

Reality --> I will not help you anyway. I have emailed the guy before when I first entered the thread & before I forward tested his method. He was as elusive then as he was throughout the thread.

P.S Statistically, even with a very high probability setup & W:L ratio you will sometimes get a string of losers. I have as of yet not seen this in Chart's thread. Perhaps he lives in some kind of parallel universe where such things don't happen :eek:

Thank you to all the people who have made positive contributions on this thread, and a Very Happy New Year to you.
There are some charts of losing trades here, not many because I only get a small number using this particular method. I do get losing trades every day as all traders do. Today, for example, I traded six times and lost once. There were two trades using this method and I have charts of them, both winners but I can't be bothered to post them on this site.
I do not get involved in the nonsense of flame wars, can't be bothered and have no appetite for it.
If anyone has a question and has read the whole thread, they can email me, but please let me know your t2w handle.
Richard

In this thread, even Charts' colleague - TIMSK does not know when to use his green candle stick buy & red candle stick sell setup.
spreader_legger,
You're becomming rather tiresome. If you want to conduct a smear campaigm against Mr. Charts - that's your businness, but kindly leave me out of it.

First off, Mr. Charts and I are not 'colleagues'. However, I'm proud to think of him as a personal friend and can vouch for both his integrity and his skill as a trader. Secondly, I understand the methodology outlined in this thread perfectly, as will anyone who has bothered to read the thread carefully. As any experienced trader knows, the methodology itself is only part of the jigsaw. Confusing the trader and the method is a very common mistake that many novices make. Any 'issues' I had with this method centred around me and my ability to trade it and not with the method itself - which is clearly very sound, evidenced by the testimonials from other members who have enjoyed considerable success trading it.

.... oh & yeah, it was far less expensive than Chart's products.
Unless it was free, you paid more than Mr. Charts is charging. The methodology outlined in this thread is completely FREE, so all criticism about Mr. Charts' expenses is erroneous; a complete red herring. If you don't like the methodology contained here - fine - don't use it - it's as simple as that.
Tim.