Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

The method also works well on high volatility stocks, though they can be more difficult to "read". The chart rules are very effective, though.
You must reduce your position size as described earlier in the thread to match your cash risk to the maximum you are prepared to lose if it goes pear shaped.
This is CMG which produced $1.33 per share.
Richard

Attachments

• 221010CMG.GIF
    221010CMG.GIF
    19.9 KB · Views: 235
The method also works well on high volatility stocks, though they can be more difficult to "read". The chart rules are very effective, though.
You must reduce your position size as described earlier in the thread to match your cash risk to the maximum you are prepared to lose if it goes pear shaped.
This is CMG which produced $1.33 per share.
Richard

Don't you find the tax on shares is different to that on futures? I guess there are more opportunities though.
What's the best way to scan for stocks like this? Price trend on the 1min charts? I understand the theory behind the MA and also to scan for stocks in the news pre market but there must be a way to find trending stocks through the scanner? I realise you've mentioned etrade turbo scanner but it's more the settings or whether it has a default for trending scans? Presumably it's one of:
- increasing ADX
- increasing ATR
- %age price increase above x or
- increasing momentum

Also, the beauty of U.K.'s time difference is that you don't have to wake up so early in the morning to trade the U.S. morning session unlike the case with Toronto :innocent:

The US session starts at 9:30 am - you lazy *******!!!!! :cheesy:

The US session starts at 9:30 am - you lazy *******!!!!! :cheesy:

My trading day requires I begin work at 8am EST, which means I need to be up at 6:30am EST. For anyone sitting in the U.K., that means they need to be awake by 11:30am, U.K. time. Surely, it's a lot more convenient to wake up at 8-9am rather than getting up before the sun does. :clap:

I'm going to start putting my daily trading results on my home page - obviously including my losers.
Put the cursor over my name at the top left, click and go to home page, then "Trades Today".
Richard

Nice addition to the "New-Look" web-site Richard. Just as an observation, it would be good if the "Trades Today" had the date in their title. Soon there will be 20 links, all called Trades Today.

I know, there's no pleasing some people! :cheesy:

Hello coopster :)

As for your comment on another thread about more posts, I'm trading, running my private live alert site, and other stuff and posting on this thread - it's enough ! :)

My son made the open site you are referring to as he builds sites as a sideline to his music. If anyone wants a site creating and maintaining for far less than anyone else, email me and I'll show you the sites he has created for shops, on-line businesses etc.
Plug over :)

Thanks for the thought about dating the heading on "Trades Today" on my open site and I've done that on today's posts :)

Best wishes,
Richard

Four trades today using the method in this thread, three wins, one loss.

Here's my LXK trade +$1.70 per share, so quite fun.

Attachments

• 261010LXK.GIF
    261010LXK.GIF
    18.6 KB · Views: 259
Here's my LXK trade +$1.70 per share, so quite fun.

lol was it fun? From looking at those candles and the insanely high ATR, it seems the LXK trade would have been the perfect recipe for a heart-attack! :p

Great trade though! (y)

:)

As you know, Amit, I do prefer the steady, very readable ones, and I don't trade for fun, but winning trades are always fun anyway. If a high ATR/volatility stock shows up I usually don't bother with it, but sometimes they are either readable on the chart and/or on L2 T&S. Watching the flow of the tide on them even without specific participant activity sometimes means you can trade tighter than with the ATR or previous candle as a guide because a change in behaviour presages a change in direction - obviously BEFORE any sign on the chart ;)
There are times when I know I'm not in COMPLETE control with some of the APPARENTLY wilder stocks, a bit like riding a bucking bronco, but without the risk, but I can always get off instantly though maybe at a price three or four cents away from the ideal.
Of course you position size according to your personal risk profile so you can't end up losing much if it does go pear shaped.
You feel the adrenaline flowing and that produces a minor sense of stress, but I remember teaching a paramedic to trade and he said the "stress" of trading was similar to attending a RTA. You don't know exactly what you will find, what horrific injuries you will have to deal with as a result of the accident, but you feel and know you are capable and competent to deal with any situation, so you just get on and do what you have to do. It gets easier :)
Talk later,
Richard

As for your comment on another thread about more posts, I'm trading, running my private live alert site, and other stuff and posting on this thread - it's enough ! :)

point taken! You certainly do enough. I'll have to look up the other contributors to that thread to see where they have been posting since then.

thanks

Two trades out of my six today were using this technique.
CBG lost 6c per share
SLAB gained 218c per share.

The SLAB trade worked exactly as described in post 1193 this morning, with waves of buying coming in like a tide. That suddenly changed at the time of exit and that proved to be the very high of the day.
My other trades are listed on my blog.
Richard

Attachments

• 271010SLAB.GIF
    271010SLAB.GIF
    19 KB · Views: 249
Next time I post I might deal with some of the nonsense which is talked about volume; widely held myths held by most people as they appear to be logical and believed because, err....most people believe them so keep on repeating them.....

Two trades out of my six today were using this technique.
CBG lost 6c per share
SLAB gained 218c per share.

The SLAB trade worked exactly as described in post 1193 this morning, with waves of buying coming in like a tide. That suddenly changed at the time of exit and that proved to be the very high of the day.
My other trades are listed on my blog.
Richard

Are you using increased ATR to pick these up in the scanner?

More PMs this morning.
As I've said many times, I do not read PMs from people I do not already know.
I will respond to sensible emails, however.