How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
The methods keep on working profitably 70%+ of the time. Exit the 30% or so early when they don't work for a small loss and earn a living.
One from today using the one method in this thread, QCOM +116c per share17042019qcom.png

danjuma

112 0
Hi Mr. Charts, thanks for sharing one of your methods with us. Some few questions please if you do not mind:

(1) Do you trade from the open of the markets to the close, or are there periods during the day you would not trade at all due to low volume, wide spreads etc?

(2) I see you have the EMA(9) on your charts, what do you use this for? I also notice you have both ATR(14) and ATR(9), why the two?

(3) Which do you use most, the 1min or 3min chart, and is there a particular period of the day you prefer to use one over the other?

(4) i see you cut your losses quick (most impressed). What criteria do you use, opposite candle forming or information from time & sales? For us newbies that can't read T&S and not yet skilled in cutting out losses quick, what should we use as the max loss (stop loss), the ATR(14)?

(5) I know this thread is about just one of your methods (rising/falling candles). Is this always a sequence of 3 candles no matter the time frame (1min, 3min or 5min)? Also, do you use breakout methods?

(6) On the IB scanners, what do you use for pre-market and during the market scans (ie. Top % Gainers, Most Active, Top % Gainers Since Open etc.)?

(7) Will you say this method in this thread (rising/falling candles) your favorite or one of your favorites?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Nuadarne

35 1
OK, it's a max for Shake Shack now. Stocks have been growing since 2016, and now it's a correction time. Maybe somebody want to sell short, but it isn't my style, I like buy long ;) Anyway, I wasn't interested Shake Shack, I don't even catch sight of their rise at the beginning of the year, lol

Stev86

19 1
I don't get what this continued thread is all about, all I'm seeing here is some guy who is posting screen shots and saying "this was my trade".

Not really grasping the concept/purpose of this 188 page thread, is the guy actually explaining anything to anyone asking relevant questions? If I was to hazard a guess here I'd say no, why would someone who's doing well in the markets post what he's doing for all to see?

Not being disrespectful just throwing out a valid point, or have I missed something? I see so many people who ask "what's this" and "what's that" with no response, a gloating thread maybe? who knows lol but for all you wannabe traders asking this guy, do yourself a favour and go back test on tradingview, pick a market and focus on it, test out different strategies as there are plenty of viable strats out there for free, they just require some study and patience from your end.

Reactions: BF2

Nuadarne

35 1
As I know from my trading experience, to make money trading, you need to understand what you are actually trading. New traders as a rule are impatient and begin to trade everything, which gives hope for quick volatility. Usually they use high leverage and trade randomly in many directions, which usually leads to a quick loss of money. After trading for a while with a small real account and you have an idea of what you are doing, you can make more money and increase your trading capital. Knowing what you are doing comes down to getting rid of your bad emotional habits, understanding the market and trading strategies, and gaining control over yourself. If you can do this, you can successfully trade in Forex.

Anci_smith

11 0
As I know from my trading experience, to make money trading, you need to understand what you are actually trading. New traders as a rule are impatient and begin to trade everything, which gives hope for quick volatility. Usually they use high leverage and trade randomly in many directions, which usually leads to a quick loss of money. After trading for a while with a small real account and you have an idea of what you are doing, you can make more money and increase your trading capital. Knowing what you are doing comes down to getting rid of your bad emotional habits, understanding the market and trading strategies, and gaining control over yourself. If you can do this, you can successfully trade in Forex.
I agree with you to quite an extent. Traders, who become negligent on keeping patience and discipline as key priorities while trading, often go closer to losses. However, I would suggest to for a demo account before a real one, to have further clarity about the markets.