How to make 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the reason the markets are full of losers (90% or more), because they buy into your comment. You got one part right. You cna't predict, but you can forecast, and I'm real good.
How do you make a decision to get in the market? Let me see. Do you look at a pair and think, "Ahh that's a good one. I'll lose my money on that pair this time." C'mon up and join my side if you want. Flying with eagles is fun.

I also agree. Someone who says they can forecast and predict the future belongs in a horoscopes column. No one knows what's going to happen, however we can trade when we think there's most chance of the odds being in our favour, that is all.

Dave, good to see you there. When I'm done with my last tirade, we'll chat.

This thread is going a complete different direction than I ever intended. I'm already tired of dealing with losers. It is taking up too much of my time. People are trying to address my methodology when I haven't even begun to touch it. Sooo, guess what? My time is more valuable than that. Considering it is being donated to all humanity, I'm not sure I want to continue. I'm no longer inspired. So, this is the deal. I want to know if it is worth it. I'm going to put every loser on my ignore list. Rest assured of that. I will not explain again what a pecentage of gains are anymore, and I'm tired of dealing with the same old ground--One trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it still made me 28%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my last post here unless I know there is some genuine interest in making fantastic returns from the markets. I want to progress into the tidbits that make it possible. I know there are a fw of you that genuinely make huge returns. I need to hear form the mass why I should continue. Never mind the compliments. I ain't fishin' for your compliments. Just tell me why I should continue.

No sweat off my back if no one responds. More time with my wife and Tucker and my own good life.

For now, I'm unsubscirbing from this thread. I'll be back on Tuesday to check the results. If this post on page 13 is the last one, then man! I am going to have it made! If this thing is still needed and wanted, then consider it my pleasure and honor to be of service.

Last edited:
Dave, good to see you there. When I'm done with my last tirade, we'll chat.

This thread is going a complete different direction than I ever intended. I'm already tired of dealing with losers. It is taking up too much of my time. People are trying to address my methodology when I haven't even begun to touch it. Sooo, guess what? My time is more valuable than that. Considering it is being donated to all humanity, I'm not sure I want to continue. I'm no longer inspired. So, this is the deal. I want to know if it is worth it. I'm going to put every loser on my ignore list. Rest assured of that. I will not explain again what a pecentage of gains are anymore, and I'm tired of dealing with the same old ground--One trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it still made me 28%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my last post here unless I know there is some genuine interest in making fantastic returns from the markets. I want to progress into the tidbits that make it possible. I know there are a fw of you that genuinely make huge returns. I need to hear form the mass why I should continue. Never mind the compliments. I ain't fishin' for your compliments. Just tell me why I should continue.

No sweat off my back if no one responds. More time with my wife and Tucker and my own good life.

For now, I'm unsubscirbing from this thread. I'll be back on Tuesday to check the results. If this post on page 13 is the last one, then man! I am going to have it made! If this thing is still needed and wanted, then consider it my pleasure and honor to be of service.

4xpip, I think you're probably wise here, I would suggest continuing your journal thread and we can watch from there if we like.

Hey 4X Pip, I tihnk plenty here are goingto be interested to hear more. At the very least this ichimooku system is new to me, so having some knowledge about it will be good.

Although, I have to say, did you really think it would be so easy to put any system up, esp one without stops, and not get some criticisms.
Everything gets criticised here, you have to learn to live with it.
Kind of part of what I meant (post 44) when I said earlier that baring your system here takes a lot.
You have to work out which criticisms / questioners are worth responding to for yourself and ignore time wasters. There will be interested appreciative readers out there. But they will very often be drowned out by critics. Its the nature of these forums. You have to decide not to let it get you down.
Anyway I think you should continue for so long as your own motives are still valid.

Some may skeptical of why I am doing this. I've been trading for 6 years. I haven't had a losing month in 3 years, and one losing week in 3 years. I do not ever wanted to take that for granted. What I know becomes reinforced through simple discussion. I can't talk to much to my wife about. She gets bored (She doesn't get bored wehn I cash my pips in for real dollars, though.). I can't talk to Tucker about it. He'll listen, but he doesn't really understand (That's his picture in the avatar.). Therefore, what better audience to have than ones that share my same interest. In essence, the selfish intent and motive is I become a better trader. Also, and honestly, I get lots of e-mails and PM's from people that have benefitted. I never seek for a pat on the back, but it sure feels good when someone else has been benefitted.

Leonarda, let me first say this whole thing got started when a big deal was made about one trade I made. Now, there are quite a few jumping on that bandwagon. No one doesn't bother mentioning that the worse trade of the year ended up in 28% profit, which is substantial, considering my account.

I don't like having to highlight individual trades as we know it's about the net result over hundreds of trades. However...you keep mentioning this trade that caused a 60/70% account drawdown, and then coming out 28% ahead, as if this is a good thing, when in reality you posted account gains which were a fraction of what you were down on. This in my opinion is nothing to brag about, infact the complete opposite.

Also, it only happening once is all it takes, like whenever it did for you. If at any stage you have to top up your trading account due to a couple positions putting you in a 60/70% drawdown, your money management needs serious attention. You should never need to top up your trading account with other funds if your methodology and money management is sound. Your money management is not robust enough in my view.

That's the reason the markets are full of losers (90% or more), because they buy into your comment. You got one part right. You cna't predict, but you can forecast, and I'm real good.
How do you make a decision to get in the market? Let me see. Do you look at a pair and think, "Ahh that's a good one. I'll lose my money on that pair this time." C'mon up and join my side if you want. Flying with eagles is fun.

We obviously have different views over the 'anything can happen' belief in the markets, and a common ground won't be reached, but i know what i do works, and good luck in your efforts if yours work for you.

Last edited:
Hi paul.

some of your words in the first post----

"As I progress through this thread, I hope to make show how obviously important that at least a conceptual knowledge of how trends work and how deviations from the mean of the trend will abet the trader in the understanding"

"It is also my desire to abet the interests of anyone wanting to take their trading to the next level. There will be a bunch of great lessons on this thread, and all free of charge"

"It helps in seeing the simplicity there is in trading, but the work that is needed to get to the point in seeing it for self."

Purpose of the new thread you started is how understanding few important tit bits will improve the knowledge and increase the confidence of profiting from the market. so
from your experience what u want to give to the newbies is important

so i request you starting moving to the next point

(Here putting/not putting stop loss, what percentage of mm needed, how much you lost is not important that is the last part when people want to earn as like u)

Thank you for taking the time to share. For every nonsense post there are a lot of people that are interested and learning from your points. Please don't let trolls and negative nancys stop you from accomplishing the goal you started with. You couldnt have gotten where you are if you listened to them in the past and i see no reason to let them stop you now. I highly recommend ignoring all comments and tuning out the noise until you have completed what you started.

Thank you for taking the time to share. For every nonsense post there are a lot of people that are interested and learning from your points. Please don't let trolls and negative nancys stop you from accomplishing the goal you started with. You couldnt have gotten where you are if you listened to them in the past and i see no reason to let them stop you now. I highly recommend ignoring all comments and tuning out the noise until you have completed what you started.

Well these "negative nancys" as you have called them have identified that the only reason the claimed percentage gains have been made is as a result of big risks being made with trading capital, with a 70% drawdown being mentioned. The actual strategies used are part of the picture of course but ignore the money management issues at your peril. If you risk 10% or more of your trading capital on a single trade you will get wiped out at some point. The particular combination of moving averages / stochastics that you employed while your account was emptied is not that relevant.

Chaps - There is widespread confusion about % gains and % risk. The key thing with anybody's % statement, such as I have made 28%, is 28% of what?

Over an extended period, most people talk about net % gain to their total trading funds. But over a single trade, % gain can be based on initial capital staked, or % price change after entry, or % gain to total account: % risk is usually a statement based on total trading funds, but could equally be % price change since entry or % drawdown of initial capital staked.

Making 28% on total trading funds in one trade suggests incredible risk: to stick to the max. 2% of account at risk per trade rule, this would suggest a r:r ratio of at least 1:14 - I don't know of any strategy that could set out with this objective.

But making 28% on initial capital staked in a single trade doesn't mean a thing to me, actual monetary gain from a trade depends on too many money management criteria and options: but I would be interested in % price change after entry.

Chaps - There is widespread confusion about % gains and % risk. The key thing with anybody's % statement, such as I have made 28%, is 28% of what?

Over an extended period, most people talk about net % gain to their total trading funds. But over a single trade, % gain can be based on initial capital staked, or % price change after entry, or % gain to total account: % risk is usually a statement based on total trading funds, but could equally be % price change since entry or % drawdown of initial capital staked.

Making 28% on total trading funds in one trade suggests incredible risk: to stick to the max. 2% of account at risk per trade rule, this would suggest a r:r ratio of at least 1:14 - I don't know of any strategy that could set out with this objective.

But making 28% on initial capital staked in a single trade doesn't mean a thing to me, actual monetary gain from a trade depends on too many money management criteria and options: but I would be interested in % price change after entry.

I suggest that those who boast percentage gains in that way are only trying to impress the gullible.

Spot on split.

In general there are 3 reasons why people boast about how good they are and try to impart their knowledge.

1. They are selling something
2. They are massaging their over inflated but misplaced ego
3. They are making a genuine attempt at helping others after being helped themselves at the start

I'd say minimum 95% fall into categories 1 & 2.

Spot on split.

In general there are 3 reasons why people boast about how good they are and try to impart their knowledge.

3. They are making a genuine attempt at helping others after being helped themselves at the start

Even leaving aside the above, there is no knowledge being imparted here...a huge amount of text, but nothing substantive backing up his claims...anyone can come on and claim x% gains..

Hopefully I will be proved wrong and something interesting may be provided..but it is far more likely the thread will drag on and on and on, loads of BS but nothing substantive...

Spot on split.

I'd suggest it's close on 100% in the first category. Are they too late? Perhaps. Given that the Jackos and James16s of the trading world have done it, been there, sold the snide t-shirt and moved on, the party may be over...but plenty will try and fill that gap.

The basic premis is always the same; start a thread with a point of difference FREE, get sticky eye balls FREE, keep on posting 'successful' trades FREE; which may be in fact be shadow trades (on a demo account) looking over the shoulder of a "colleague".

At first casually mention tutoring, twitter, name dropping, copy and paste a few clever lines whilst building an online aura. Fill up the gullible contact list, you're after part time traders who have given it a go, now struggling, looking for a trading buddy and the grail for 100 quid a month.

Then steadily market to them direct using the afore mentioned twit account and your valuable pm feature and the friends list/following you've built up. There should be up to 50 contacts in no time, that's potentially 5 grand a month for offering "help"....bless..

After you've got a mate to knock up a 300 quid website with free 'voip' access you're up and running and it's a biz started from nothing.. :) More than a 100% return that...

:cheesy:
Just in case anyone needs it - it's available free from another board for download if you Google but here it is for ease:

Hope this doesn't infringe anything on T2W.

Attachments

• 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor.mq4
    7.8 KB · Views: 238
Any chance he can spell out how to make 100% first, then pour scorn afterwards?

The OP obviously wasn't expecting to have to get into a firefight involving definitions of what his percentages meant. But some of the queries were valid, some were overly picky and some were a tad insulting. Save to say that 4X, if he's going to continue, probably needs to be both careful and consistent when he uses percentages. So, for example, does 28% mean 28% of the entire account balance or 28% of something else? It doesn't matter what, just so long as the percentage quotes are consistent. It's no good inter-changing and assuming your audience "must" know what you meant if you had deviated, even only slightly, from your usual definition.

To be of any use a system has to give a good indication of where it's safe to enter, in terms of high probability. (I know, stating the obvious! But it's surprising, or perhaps not, that this part of people's systems tend to be vague at best and just weak, period.)

do you really think he is going to spill the beans? all he has done until now is offload how wonderful he is and useless the world is, how he manages to consistently pull money out of a market that is part speculation\part business. The fact he pulls out 10+ percent per trade tells a story of large risk however it doesn't seem that he uses stops regularly leading to the potential account destroying trade which is inevitable since his ego is so big he wont be able to deal with that situation when it comes.

Overwhelming support! greatly appreciated!

I know I said it would be until Tuesday that I would return. The e-mails and PM's I've gotten have been overwhelming, therefore, suffice to say my services are appreciated, and I'm humbled. I will continue on with the benefit of what this thread was originally intended for. It's going to be hardcore advanced Forex 101 from here on out.
First, I'm going to address some particular issues, and some for the last time, and then push ahead.
I had a talk with my 3rd grade grandson (leading up to something). Admittedly, he is smarter than the average 3rd grader, but I still asked him, “Cade, what is a percentage of gains?” His response was,”Grandpa that's easy. You take gains divided by what you started with.” Moral of the story? I'm through dealing with 3rd graders in adult bodies. For the last time, percentage of gains is gains divided by beginning equity. If can't deal with that, take your pink slip and get out of my class. This ain't for 3rd graders.
Someone made a valid point that the essence of this whole thing should have been to abet anyone's interest in making their million or more form trading. We ended up to this point, with 15 pages of garbage. The GBP/CHF trade is now history. You guys don't like the fact I made 28% form it, then deal with it.
Let me set the facts straight. I don't mind questions, comments, and even being challenged. But if an intelligent dialogue can't go with it, I'd just soon as you take a hike. I'm not here to impress no one. I don't even care what you think of me. I am here to help anyone who wants to make a ton of money from the markets. That is where my ego gets stroked. I only get satisfaction in gaining consistent pips from my trading and watching my account grow-- like 216% last month!!!!
If you don't believe the markets can be forecasted with great authenticity, then go in MR's thread and cry to each other. For the record, look for the EUR/AUD to be contained at 1.4200, before a strong move south. That is forecasting. Now, the gang that thinks that is a “magic system” won't come and admit I'm right when they find out otherwise, but that is the kind of methodology that produces pips, that converts into lots of money.
Now to address the supporters. Don't worry about this being a sales pitch, or me having my hand in your back pocket. I don't need your money, because I have too much of it already. Relax, enjoy, ask questions, get your share of the tidbits. My desire in opening this thread is your success. When this thing is finished, and I learn you have benefited, my ego may be stroked, but I will also be humbled. BTW, I was sincerely humbled by your support via the PM's, e-mails, and even the few postings in this thread.
Now, to address some of the posts 2 pages back, and then we'll get on with the original intentions.

Thank-you, Leonarda. My intentions for this thread are much more involved than the journalizing in my other thread. The support to keep this going has also been terrific. It is for their benefit I'm going to keep going

4xpip, I think you're probably wise here, I would suggest continuing your journal thread and we can watch from there if we like.

Status
Not open for further replies.