How many of you demo traded well..........

The simplest answer is psychology - traders tend not to follow a strategy down to the smallest detail due to stress and anxiety, and then it fails.

So an alexithymic person would make a better trader than most simply due to his lack of emotions? Is emotionless person can trade better than emotional, all else being equal?

So an alexithymic person would make a better trader than most simply due to his lack of emotions? Is emotionless person can trade better than emotional, all else being equal?

technically the answer is yes ..........but I am assuming that is a very very small % of society and boyoboy trading is about the only positive thing they will have potentially going for them ....

what a terrible condition to have .........

N

You will not fully understand this phenomenon until you have tried it. Believe me, it's true!

if you cant cut it in live trading you are using to much leverage ........the money you are trading CANNOT MATTER ..if it matters you will screw up

so make it throwaway money ....unless you are a seasoned professional

N

if you cant cut it in live trading you are using to much leverage ........the money you are trading CANNOT MATTER ..if it matters you will screw up

so make it throwaway money ....unless you are a seasoned professional

N

Part of the learning curve.

technically the answer is yes ..........but I am assuming that is a very very small % of society and boyoboy trading is about the only positive thing they will have potentially going for them ....

what a terrible condition to have .........

N

I somewhat believe those people wouldn't agree with you, since they don't feel bad about it, since they don't feel anything :)

I don't think that any one would have done demo not good, it is just a practice and doesn't involves money and thus every one is satisfied with demo but not when they join the real trading.

I don't think that any one would have done demo not good, it is just a practice and doesn't involves money and thus every one is satisfied with demo but not when they join the real trading.

So just approach demo trading as if it's real, and you will get the most out of it, right?

Demo trading is as good as real trading as I am doing. It is just for practice and we should not consider it a success because the market is changing and that affect in real trading much more than demo trading.

I've started trading live since the 12th of July and these are my results so far. I have to say I'm satisfied with the results. I've started a small account and take very low risk. (started with 1K and only trade 1 microlot per trade). I'm profitable overall (as of yet, only 19 trades) making mistakes along the way but I am quite good in general to keep my discipline and emotions in check. I'll make an update here once in a while. I plan to scale up in a couple of months if I can manage to stay consistent

Attachments

• statement.PNG
    statement.PNG
    33.3 KB · Views: 250
demo trading

but then went on to lose money after started trading with actual funds? If it went wrong, why? What couldn't you do post trading real money that you were able to on demo? Was it psychology, or your trades stopped working out as well as before, or not having large enough funds when starting out, taking on too much risk, or what?

Demo trading has it's learning value, never compare it however to REAL live trading. The comfort of having no financial interest at stake results in a different pattern of psychology trading.

When real money is at stake (especially if you're new to trading) the pressure of the trade welcomes fear.

Back test every trade, do your home work on a good platform like Thinkorswim. Put the time in until you reach a comfort zone of a particular system to use.
Good Luck.

ADVICE

you need to be making shedloads of money in demo's before you decide to switch to real money ..demo is easy ........so you need to me really really achieving a high win rate and return

N