Capital Spreads Demo

pander

Hi

Just tried out Capital Spreads Demo Account and found the last 2 nights horrendous, especially last night it was refusing trades, timing out, and requotes, and wouldn't amend any stops or limits. I thought this would be a great opportunity to test the demo in a volatile situation, but unfortunately this failed drastically.

I know the market is volatile but this was unusable, I am just pleased that i went for a demo and wasn't real money. I would have thought being a demo the trades would have went straight through.

Seems alright this morning, so it is obviously unusable in volatile markets, which is basically what I would use it for.

Did anyone have problems like this last night? I quite like the software, but this would be no good in real trading to me.

Was it just the demo trading platform encountering these problems?

Thanks.

Last edited:
pandar

the demo tries to be as close to the real platform as possible .. including trade rejection occurrances. Other wise it would not be a fair reflection of the real platform)

BUT

the demo is obviously not as powerful as our full trading system and is therefore a bit slower this means that in volatile conditions you will get a much (much) larger number of rejections. This is not to say that you do not get trade rejections on the live site it is just that they are far more infrequent.

Clients must be aware that on the real exchanges (that the SB and CFD platforms reflect) the chances of missing your trade level are far greater than on a spread betting platform (as we will accept trades from our market making that would not have been available on the exchange).

simon

Give us a job Simon!!

Attachments

• 12345.JPG
    12345.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 484