Stop losses on Capital Spreads

maneki_neko

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I tried searching the forums and couldn't find an answer.

I currently have a demo account with Capital Spreads, and I placed an up bet on cable. I then trailed my stop loss as cable rose in value, in order to safeguard the profit I had made. However, I then saw the Capital Spreads quote dip below my stop loss and the stop loss wasn't executed. Is this a flaw with the demo account, or has anyone else had this happen with their "real" account?

I am concerned, because the market didn't "gap" (this was intraday) and yet the stop loss didn't work. I don't feel very happy trusting Capital Spreads with real money if their stop loss system doesn't work properly, but maybe this is just a demo glitch?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I tried searching the forums and couldn't find an answer.

I currently have a demo account with Capital Spreads, and I placed an up bet on cable. I then trailed my stop loss as cable rose in value, in order to safeguard the profit I had made. However, I then saw the Capital Spreads quote dip below my stop loss and the stop loss wasn't executed. Is this a flaw with the demo account, or has anyone else had this happen with their "real" account?

I am concerned, because the market didn't "gap" (this was intraday) and yet the stop loss didn't work. I don't feel very happy trusting Capital Spreads with real money if their stop loss system doesn't work properly, but maybe this is just a demo glitch?
Very likely a demo gltch..

Just a thought, have you tried calling them up and enquiry on this? A good firm 'can be bothered' with demo enquiries. If this happens in live trading you should file a trade dispute straight away. Let me know what they say at CS...

Yes, the SB companies at times misses executing the stop loss. It has happened to me a few time over the years with CS. However, They have always afterward closed the position at the right level. I at least, do not close the position manually when it occurs (up to the the individual trader to decide).

I had this once on a EURCHF - market did not gap but did move very fast! My stop never got filled, lukily the market came round and I actually made a profit on the trade in the end.