Demo account graphs same as real graphs?

TheKoolio

Hi guys,

been trading as a beginner for a while now over the course of the last 2 years, trying t understand the game enough to place large money in there. I started as an eager beaver by puttin in £300 when i started which went up and down but I lost in the end. Now the last year i spent mostly on demo accounts trying to understand things better as well as teaching myself basic candlestick methods.

Now with these accounts using my own system (which shudnt change when using real money) I make around 10% most days, obv have a few losses but much better return than i used to get a while ago.

Now my qn, I used to read alot about stop loss spikes on a few trading platforms. I currently use IG Index and cmc markets... Now are the real money graphs different from the demo account graphs in accuracy and short term movement? Am I likely to suffer stop loss wipeouts more often if I dont really see them now?

I trust the whole idea of spread betting but am unsure bout these spikes so need some clarification on this before i start gambling and either lose my money or get into debt. Ill start with small cash deposits before working my way upwards (hopefully)

The graphs are the same for real and demo accounts.
I think it's only capital spreads (and white labels) who use simplified charting package for demo accounts but the data itself is the same.

All charts are the same and providing you are on auto-execution (you will be with an online account unless you have done something like make a vast amount of money at the SBs expense) betting small amounts the execution will be the same. Some providers cripple the demo charts by introducing a 15 min delay (Capital Spreads does this).

All charts are the same and providing you are on auto-execution (you will be with an online account unless you have done something like make a vast amount of money at the SBs expense) betting small amounts the execution will be the same. Some providers cripple the demo charts by introducing a 15 min delay (Capital Spreads does this).

Yeah, you're right about 15mins delay on some demo account but not all charts are the same as the last time I checked CapitalSpreads had a very simple charting package on demo account.

I think Capital Spreads recently updated ther charts didnt they for the demo account? I imagine they are waiting to see what the response will be and then roll it out to live. It's okay, I'd like a bit more flexibility with pivot lines but it's not all bad.

When I used to use ETX I found their graphs quite hard to read due to the colour scheme