Free demo account

vatofl88

I am interested in day trading and would like some advice on various free simulation/demo accounts that I could use to begin papertrading. Once I get comfortable in the demo account and I learn more about day trading, I would like to work with with a prop firm such as cy group and starting making real trades.

What I am looking for is an simulation/demo account that is going to be as close as it gets to real live trading and having a real account with prop firm/or general retail account. Meaning something that will give me access to stop/loss, p&l statements, etc.

I have seen a few places mentioned such as interactive brokers, infinity trading, ninja trader, etc. All I am looking for is something free that is very similar to the real thing. Thank you for the help.

I am interested in day trading and would like some advice on various free simulation/demo accounts that I could use to begin papertrading. Once I get comfortable in the demo account and I learn more about day trading, I would like to work with with a prop firm such as cy group and starting making real trades.

What I am looking for is an simulation/demo account that is going to be as close as it gets to real live trading and having a real account with prop firm/or general retail account. Meaning something that will give me access to stop/loss, p&l statements, etc.

I have seen a few places mentioned such as interactive brokers, infinity trading, ninja trader, etc. All I am looking for is something free that is very similar to the real thing. Thank you for the help.

As you know almost all brokers offer free demo account. I can tell you for sure about two. Alpari, their demo account the same as live 25,000$ account. After couple test HotForex showed good match.

Thanks for the reply. I tried opening a tos demo account, but it was a very involved process and wanted me to fax things and fund the account. I looked into opening an IB demo account, but you have open a regular account first, with minimum 10k. I just downloaded the ninja free demo account, but it is just a blank screen a few options to do things. I am assuming I need a data feed for the ninja account, but I don't know how to get a free one nor how to incorporate a data feed into the account if even I do get.

I am looking for an all inclusive demo account that would have everything I need just to look at things and start making paper trades. No adds on and other programs to download with it, just one website/demo account I use that has everything. Hopefully there are some demo accounts like this that exist. If anyone can give me one that matches up with what I have described above, please reply to this thread.

Since I plan on probably using a prop firm once I am done and not a retail account with futures, I am assuming I will not need a demo account that uses futures. This info might narrow down things and help you find me an account that is all inclusive. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I tried opening a tos demo account, but it was a very involved process and wanted me to fax things and fund the account. I looked into opening an IB demo account, but you have open a regular account first, with minimum 10k. I just downloaded the ninja free demo account, but it is just a blank screen a few options to do things. I am assuming I need a data feed for the ninja account, but I don't know how to get a free one nor how to incorporate a data feed into the account if even I do get.

I am looking for an all inclusive demo account that would have everything I need just to look at things and start making paper trades. No adds on and other programs to download with it, just one website/demo account I use that has everything. Hopefully there are some demo accounts like this that exist. If anyone can give me one that matches up with what I have described above, please reply to this thread.

Since I plan on probably using a prop firm once I am done and not a retail account with futures, I am assuming I will not need a demo account that uses futures. This info might narrow down things and help you find me an account that is all inclusive. I appreciate any help. Thanks.
Have a look at ProSpreads, they offer a demo platform, with live prices and volumes from the exchanges that you will wish to trade, Futures and spot forex are available.

Instead of working with large amounts of leverage, you might want to consider reducing the leverage. This will allow you to lower the risk in your account.
Whenever trading with a demo account, you need to make sure that you treat the money as if it were real. Many people trade their demo account much riskier than they would with real money and don't really learn how to properly manage their account.

Yes, you will need data to drive into NinjaTrader. You can subscribe to www.kinetick.com for real time/historical service or if you want to get a trial data account, many brokers offer this. Try www.ampfutures.com or www.mirusfutures.com and ask for a trial data account.

Infinity Futures is apparently quite good, because the market has to move a tick past your entry/exit point before your orfer is filled, thus making it even more difficult to get filled than you often get live. I've been considering going over to Infinity myself.

Try to choice one of the best forex brokers, because when you trade on demo 99% you are going to open real account at the same forex broker.

Infinity Futures is apparently quite good, because the market has to move a tick past your entry/exit point before your orfer is filled, thus making it even more difficult to get filled than you often get live. I've been considering going over to Infinity myself.

what is the point of that, when i place an order at a certain level i want to get filled at that level not a tic away, they will do that on the live as well i bet.