How many brokers did it take you?

How many brokers have you tried and tested before you find the broker(s) you use and trust?

What are you asking? How many dates did it take before you committed to a long term relationship with a broker? A word of advice, never sleep with a broker on the first date.

Surely after MF Global and PFG Best you have learned that no amount of Government regulation can protect you from crooks. On the other hand, you are probably asking a dumbass question like who gives the best execution with the least amount of slippage...

I don’t trust my broker, I keep just enough money in the account to trade....just barely enough...

What are you asking? How many dates did it take before you committed to a long term relationship with a broker? A word of advice, never sleep with a broker on the first date.

Surely after MF Global and PFG Best you have learned that no amount of Government regulation can protect you from crooks. On the other hand, you are probably asking a dumbass question like who gives the best execution with the least amount of slippage...

I don’t trust my broker, I keep just enough money in the account to trade....just barely enough...

I am asking in general. I do not seek advise. After more than a decade I found the brokers I trust, I was just curious what other traders experienced. I am surprised how the 'Legendary Members' act in this particular forum. I am not the most active person in this forum nor do I intend to be. It does offer a certain entertainment value to see how the 'Legendary Members' think they are amongst the top traders because they are the most active in forums and view rookie members as newbies to the forex world.

I am asking in general. I do not seek advise. After more than a decade I found the brokers I trust, I was just curious what other traders experienced. I am surprised how the 'Legendary Members' act in this particular forum. I am not the most active person in this forum nor do I intend to be. It does offer a certain entertainment value to see how the 'Legendary Members' think they are amongst the top traders because they are the most active in forums and view rookie members as newbies to the forex world.

Fantastic Reply and could not agree more!!!

Ive worked for most brokers out there and wouldnt trust any of them - even if you trust the platform and your account manager theres probably someone in accounts,back office or even the CEO who are busy trying to figure out how to get their hands on your money.. TRUST NOBODY!
you know why they are called a broker ?.. it's because that is what they'll make you!

Judging by the utter lack of answers to the actual question asked, "How many brokers did it take you?", it seems most people tacitly agree with me.

Maybe its because most people think like you and are in your inner circle. Basically this forum has its few active members and I almost think you guys opened it together as a hangout amongst each other which is perfectly fine by me. I do see there are a few who like to engage and that is good.

I paper traded with approximately 5 in total before settling on the one I actually funded. So far, no problems with them.

I tried domestic and international brokers before funding the domestic house I settled on.

One, I was very close to funding, was in Switzerland. I paper-traded a few accounts for over a year with them and really liked their spreads. Just before I pulled the trigger they were closed down by the Swiss gov.

Bullet dodged... :)

ST

agreed......I think Legendary as a title is very misleading in this forum and I hope newbies dont confuse that with necessarily being a good trader ......;)

N

Maybe its because most people think like you and are in your inner circle. Basically this forum has its few active members and I almost think you guys opened it together as a hangout amongst each other which is perfectly fine by me. I do see there are a few who like to engage and that is good.

I still haven't figure out what you mean by "trust" and what criteria you use to judge trustworthiness. Besides, you haven't even answered your own question yet, which was "How many brokers have you tried and tested before you find the broker(s) you use and trust?"

Do you see? You asked for a number "how many" but you answered your own question with a time, "After more than a decade I found the brokers I trust"

My response had nothing to do with being part of a clique, I consider myself an outsider anyway...I think most people in this forum are numskulls.

I think a vendor's badge is very misleading in this forum and I hope newbies dont confuse that with necessarily being a good trader......;)

agreed......I think Legendary as a title is very misleading in this forum and I hope newbies dont confuse that with necessarily being a good trader ......;)

N

better say "Legendary posters"

i was trading 3 broker but 1 of them has turn out to be scam so I only trust 2 broker right now

Hi folks
After years of traditional share trading now moved to rookie on FX. Working my way around the demo platform on FXCM only to find this excellent thread! Any thoughts.

Yes,dont do not go there.look at the forum for a discussion on FXCM discussion started by Jason quite horrific.Use only FSA regulated brokers, in the USA i belive it is NFA.Also use only ECN Brokers,not the Market Makers.Good luck.Mike

I had take 3 brokers, so far I had found it good and it has no bad news in the forum yet.

I have had the only one broker, and now I am still with this company. But that doesn't mean we are together forever))) I will change my decision if I find better conditions)