Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

The methods keep on working profitably 70%+ of the time. Exit the 30% or so early when they don't work for a small loss and earn a living.
One from today using the one method in this thread, QCOM +116c per share 17042019qcom.png

Hi Mr. Charts, thanks for sharing one of your methods with us. Some few questions please if you do not mind:

(1) Do you trade from the open of the markets to the close, or are there periods during the day you would not trade at all due to low volume, wide spreads etc?

(2) I see you have the EMA(9) on your charts, what do you use this for? I also notice you have both ATR(14) and ATR(9), why the two?

(3) Which do you use most, the 1min or 3min chart, and is there a particular period of the day you prefer to use one over the other?

(4) i see you cut your losses quick (most impressed). What criteria do you use, opposite candle forming or information from time & sales? For us newbies that can't read T&S and not yet skilled in cutting out losses quick, what should we use as the max loss (stop loss), the ATR(14)?

(5) I know this thread is about just one of your methods (rising/falling candles). Is this always a sequence of 3 candles no matter the time frame (1min, 3min or 5min)? Also, do you use breakout methods?

(6) On the IB scanners, what do you use for pre-market and during the market scans (ie. Top % Gainers, Most Active, Top % Gainers Since Open etc.)?

(7) Will you say this method in this thread (rising/falling candles) your favorite or one of your favorites?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I don't get what this continued thread is all about, all I'm seeing here is some guy who is posting screen shots and saying "this was my trade".

Not really grasping the concept/purpose of this 188 page thread, is the guy actually explaining anything to anyone asking relevant questions? If I was to hazard a guess here I'd say no, why would someone who's doing well in the markets post what he's doing for all to see?

Not being disrespectful just throwing out a valid point, or have I missed something? I see so many people who ask "what's this" and "what's that" with no response, a gloating thread maybe? who knows lol but for all you wannabe traders asking this guy, do yourself a favour and go back test on tradingview, pick a market and focus on it, test out different strategies as there are plenty of viable strats out there for free, they just require some study and patience from your end.

I hope regular readers are being careful out there with Covid-19.
A silver lining is that there are great money making opportunities out there with so many market moves, but I'd much rather there weren't any and so many people weren't suffering instead :(:(

I hope regular readers are being careful out there with Covid-19.
A silver lining is that there are great money making opportunities out there with so many market moves, but I'd much rather there weren't any and so many people weren't suffering instead :(:(
What are you trading on. I have $1000 to start trading.

$1000 is far too little. Don't do it.
I've been trading full time for a living for 20 years and imho you need at least $5000 and preferably $10000 to start out with.

$1000 is far too little. Don't do it.
I've been trading full time for a living for 20 years and imho you need at least $5000 and preferably $10000 to start out with.
If you pick up good penny stocks say 1000 to 2000 shares you can build your $1000 account from that.

The stock market is a very lucrative deal. Though many have made it big in share trading, equity trading is not that simple. You need to have that discipline and patience, along with thorough research.

Besides, stock markets are always volatile, and this has left several investors confused about whether they need to sell or hold the shares. In such scenarios, no one formula fits all size. But there are many ways to make money out of share trading –

• Know the kind of trader you are. One is that person who follows fundamental investing, and the second is the speculator.
  • Many investors get influenced by their acquaintances. Avoid such practices and strategies.
  • If you try to time the market, you could lose your hard-earned money. Experts suggest not to time the market.
  • If you invest with long-term objectives in place, have a systematic strategy for investing.
  • You need to control fear and greed while doing share trading.

This is a dream US stock market with the volatility and I suspect it'll remain so through to and beyond November :)

Hello Richard, just saying hello, hope you are well, been long time, it's Max, one of your former student, cant remember the year though lol :D, perhaps 2011/12, I had to stop for a few years, family, babies and all, hoping to restart this year.

As usual, thank you very much for you still being here and sharing your wisdom :).
Interestingly, i was curious about the market liquidity, and the NASDAQ figures have risen dramatically with the lock-down, normally a good thing, although obviously depends on a scenario.

So, i know you said you stopped your alert service through your subscription, are you posting your daily trades anywhere, i was just curious, any chance you could share like at the end of the day perhaps, maybe once a week. Is your approach largely the same as when i studied, any substantial changes in tactics / methods, i understand if you cannot share here.

Have you ever used Trade Ideas? Anything useful there?

Many thanks in advance.

I don't get what this continued thread is all about, all I'm seeing here is some guy who is posting screen shots and saying "this was my trade".

Not really grasping the concept/purpose of this 188 page thread, is the guy actually explaining anything to anyone asking relevant questions? If I was to hazard a guess here I'd say no, why would someone who's doing well in the markets post what he's doing for all to see?

Not being disrespectful just throwing out a valid point, or have I missed something? I see so many people who ask "what's this" and "what's that" with no response, a gloating thread maybe? who knows lol but for all you wannabe traders asking this guy, do yourself a favour and go back test on tradingview, pick a market and focus on it, test out different strategies as there are plenty of viable strats out there for free, they just require some study and patience from your end.

You missed the point totally and yet you made wise comments at the end of your post. Read the whole thread properly, there used to be an abbreviated version on this site years back, just with Richard's methods, perhaps it is easier for me to say this as I have done 1to1 with Richard but even 10 years ago when I was looking around it still made a lot of sense. He is not here for the people like you but rather for those who are listening carefully and who want to learn. You are not the first one and not the last one who will call all this stuff garbage, lol :D including my own scepticism a few years back until i had done my homework.

Hello Richard,

I do hope you're well. I have sent you an email and a PM as I would like to have a 1 to 1. Do let me know your availability

I was taught how to trade by Richard in 2003 , 17 years ago don’t time fly, I travelled down to the Regus offices in chertsy where I booked an office for the day and enjoyed a full days of training by Richard. I can remember I bought a Sting CD for the journey down from the midlands and I was listening to it the other day and it bought back memories of when I was taught properly how to trade and the struggle that I went through to become a consistently profitable trader. I gave up many times, went years without trading, lost alot of money but I eventually got there., I didn’t give up, In terms of trading days I would say it took me about 2 years and about 2000 trades to find my edge and become consistent.
Anyway I will post one of the best trades I have made in the last year, and might start to post more and I hope I can help you guys out there to trade profitably and shorten the leaning curve.

sonny

I found $GRMN on a premarket gappers scan and put it on my watchlist to see if it set up. The stock gapped to all time highs so was only going to short this using specific set ups. Was only look for a quick scalp type trade.
The opportunity presented itself and I shorted it and covered for a risk : reward of 5:1.

What was special about this trade, 2 things.
1. The trade was very fast, 12 seconds. - there was zero emotions in this trade
2. Great risk reward - I could take this trade and be profitable with a minuscule 20% win rate.

20 x £500 = £10k
80 x £100 = £8k
Profit = £2k

Attachments

• 19C72255-8912-4B5A-BD89-04D920764E81.jpeg
    19C72255-8912-4B5A-BD89-04D920764E81.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 273
A 50% win rate with solid risk management is all you need to succeed.

50 wins × $1000 = +$50,000
50 losses × $500 = -$25,000

100 trades with a 50% win rate and 2:1 reward to risk nets +$25,000

Every trade must be taken with this concept in mind.

Embrace small losses.