How long can u intraday trade for before you struggle to stay focused?

How long can u intraday trade for before you struggle to stay focused?

• <1 hour

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • <2 hour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <3 hour

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • <4 hour

• <5 hour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <6 hour

• <7 hour

• <8 hour

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JTrader

How long can u intraday trade for before you struggle to stay focused & concentrated?

lol, and a lot longer than you have posted as a vote.

i suppose much of that comes down to timeframe. i am guessing you trade of hourlies or similar. If you trade off M15/15 i would imagine you would struggle at the 8 hour mark, as would most homo sapiens.

i don't think you need to concentrate all day when you are intra-daying. It's about being able to switch on and off concentration quickly-plus keep one eye on news/price action....

i don't think you need to concentrate all day when you are intra-daying. It's about being able to switch on and off concentration quickly-plus keep one eye on news/price action....

is this not a contradiction?

I'm with gooseman here. I trade on a mostly 1/2 min t/f. Take regular breaks and I can even sit and watch t.v (usually news to keep alive with the world) whilst viewing a platform. Breaks are a necessity of any job. Past that it's all just training, thats all. You wouldn't here of a sniper in the woods complaining that he's been watching for 15 hours solid and needs a sh1t. If you can do it for 1 hour then you can do it for 2 and so on, its all up to you.

The bottom line has to be that your making money doing the hours that suit you, if your making the money and most of all enjoying it then it doesn't matter how many hours you put in.

useless diversion, gleaned from last time with stripper's tits: They're on basically the same deal as a prop trader... 80% of profits and they pay a fee to the house to come in, around £50 a day (kind of like a desk fee).

They liked this comparison I think.

useless diversion, gleaned from last time with stripper's tits: They're on basically the same deal as a prop trader... 80% of profits and they pay a fee to the house to come in, around £50 a day (kind of like a desk fee).

They liked this comparison I think.

i find that quite disturbing.

They may show their donner to 10 fellas and still not make a profit....:cry:

A trading related post from JTrader!

I only trade for 4 hours in the morning, maximum,or until I feel that i have
1) Made enough
2) caught whatever move there will be

If i fail on either aim, theres always tomorrow. But usually 1-2 hours per morning is enough for me.

I will sometimes trade friday afternoons, as this is where liquidity tends to be at its thinnest.

Today was a bummer. But you half expect that on April fools day anyway. And the trick is to look out for the signs of danger early on, and step back until the problem passes.

Though having read some of JTraders other posts, I began to think the April fools joke was somehow on me!