How long before black flag flies over Downing St

How long before the black flag flies over Downing Street ?

• 2 years

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • 5 years

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 10 years

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 20 years

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Never

Votes: 22 66.7%

• Total voters
Hey Salty, where's your dog standing?
(don't tell your cat, can't stand 'em)

Ivorm,
I think the cutting out of tongues and eyes is less appropriate in our society than the removal of internet access. That would be really nasty...

One thing to remember is that we were also sanctioning all those barbaric acts less than 200 years ago.
I have yet to meet an educated muslim that condones these things. It is a unfortunately a product of a primitive, poor and uneducated society. Today we are much more comfortable with the idea of electric shocks, shootings, hanging and injections.

I thought the flag of Islam was green.
I suggest that a vocal minority are trying to hijack a respected religion to achieve political ends.
Probably about as representative of Islam as Ian Paisley's brand of Christianity is of Christianity.

Of course the voice of reason is not heard, even though it may be spoken repeatedly.
The media wants provocative news stories that will engage listeners, the truth comes a dull second to that. :cry:

twalker said:
I think the cutting out of tongues and eyes is less appropriate in our society than the removal of internet access. That would be really nasty...

lol

twalker said:
One thing to remember is that we were also sanctioning all those barbaric acts less than 200 years ago.
I have yet to meet an educated muslim that condones these things.

I regret to say that I have met many well-educated Muslims who support these barbaric practices. And even the minority of Muslims who do not condone them refuse to speak out against them.

...and who builds the torture equipment used by Saudi Arabia and other Muslim states?

Did you know, that when stoning women in Iran it is an offence to use the wrong sized stone! Too small and you're not causing enough pain - so must be a sympathiser. Too large a stone and you may kill her too quickly - so you must obviously also be a sympathiser. Only stones of approximate fist size are allowable.

Lovely people! However - I still think its their right to govern according to their religion, and Israel has no right invading Arab land. You just wouldn't catch me on holiday there!

Ivorn - I'm not to hot on these methods either. But then I realise thats just a function of my upbringing and background.

You've got to admit it though - they dont have much crime out there though do they (apart from what we call Human Rights)

Look at the UK. No police, teachers aren't allowed to discipline kids or give them a clip round the ear, kids not knowing who their father is, etc. The result is a rapidly rising crime rate (of course the politicians wont tell you that because they bend the stats)

Not much crime in Saudi ?
You must be joking pal and you have no idea what you are talking about.

BBB your post about stoning puts me in mind of Life of Brian
"Are there any women here today.?"

Actually I have seen an Iranian stoning, very horrible. After stringing them up and lashing them to unconsciousness they bring them around, tie their hands, wrap them in a sheet and bury them upto their waist in the ground and then the crowds start throwing. Really barbaric and sickening but ....maybe it is the solution to our school discipline problems, certainly good honest fun for playtime.

?!? I thought it was relatively crime free - well in terms of things like theft, etc

OK so they are having a few issues at the moment - but thats MAJOR stuff, not crime from idle delinquents.

Well, thats what people who have been there tell me. I've never been there - too afraid of having my lips cut off for drinking a pint.

They lop off a couple of hundred heads a year in Saudi ( at least that's what they report ) - can you imagine 200 hangings in England every year ?

Crime in Saudi and the whole of the Persian Gulf is on the increase and violent crime is becoming more and more common.

Twalker - they bury men up to their waists and women up to their necks to preserve their modesty ( true ).

If either can unearth themselves and escape, then they can walk free.

Not a bad deal huh ?