How I Made $2,000,000 --by Nicolas Darvas

Boxes = Consolidations............= old TA stuff found for free here and on the web, yet some guys are trying to sell the "Darvas" method asyet another grail.

chump said:
"Yes, he used a trailing stop, but he never sold a stock because it was "too high". "...he did ,but I doubt he thought of it exactly like that...when you place a trailing stop and you are into profit what you're doing is saying I won't risk giving up more than this amount of open profit .By implication what you are doing perhaps subconsciously is you are saying to balance risk I am capping the downside here which by implication is defining some expectation on the upside you think is still probable. If you really thought the upside was actually never going to be "too high" to sell then you would never need a trailing stop..hope that is understandable as in reading it it does not immediately look the clearest explanation i ever attempted.

The idea with a trailing stop is to sell the stock when the trend changes - and not before that. You buy a stock because the trend is up, but then you have to sell, when the trend changes from up to down. Darvas never sold just because he had a huge profit. In fact, he said there is no reason to sell a rising stock.

neil said:
Boxes = Consolidations............= old TA stuff found for free here and on the web, yet some guys are trying to sell the "Darvas" method asyet another grail.

Yes, the Darvas method is very simple and easy to use and understand. Buy his books, but not any socalled Darvas box systems...

http://www.nicolasdarvas.org/index.php

Last edited: