How do you identify trend?

you're still not reading Fibo, my man. you are "looking" and drawing assumptions.
the trend for me is where price is in relation to the sma.
i haven't said i enter when price is above, and i enter when its below...you have inferred without wanting to understand. yes i get whipsawed, but not due to the conclusions that you have drawn

mate, im happy to talk. however you don't, you accuse. you're starting point is one of hostility, of derision
if someone is long, they are immediately wrong and they follow herds :sleep:
you use lovely charts with numbers on them. the market doesn't give a fig for your numbers, it doesn't give a fig for my sma either. the market doesn't give a fig for trend lines you or i may draw. The market doesn't give a fig for indicators that you or I or anyone else may use
these are merely "tools" that i use, which work for me.
your numbers and ratios and trend lines are the tools that you use and (somewhat ;)) work for you.
this is what makes all of us human. we are different, we have different points of view

i have a method that works for me. its different from yours. it doesn't make my method right or another wrong, its simply the statistical probability that my method provides an edge over a period of time for me. likewise the probability of your method providing an edge for you. i dont get emotional if im wrong, its simply statistics
inevitably when i'm long you also may be. and when you are short, im also long. this doesn't mean we're agreeing or disagreeing. all it means is that statistical probability is simply playing out. all this time the market is going up, or down. the market doesn't give a fig.
this is a forum to be able to speak one's mind. so embrace that
if two people agree on the same topic, they are not herding :sleep:, they are simply agreeing on a like minded subject
im learning and trying things new every day. whilst im learning, i still use my method that works for me.
I consider myself fortunate to have found one. it took me bloody years. I dont care if you found one straight away. it means nothing, we all have different journeys in life
I dont have to prove this method, calling a trade doesnt prove a method Fibo. you called a trade and you got it wrong. does that make your method wrong? of course not. its statistical probability
so what does it matter that i call a trade? you dont quite seem to see this Fibo, and thats ok.
you and i are light years away in our mindset. but this is ok. we are human. i love you too

i have no issues posting trades happy to play along. really, if i post a trade, 3 trades 4,5,6 trades and my direction is wrong each time...this is't going to mean anything. you already know it doesnt mean anything
here's a trade: HWDN.LON is going up. so what its a game right?
enter on the open, close 4 days later. specific enough for you? there you go. i can make 3 more like it. what precisely does that mean though? you have been wrong, this might be wrong. are we in a club now?
it might close for a profit, what does that mean, that i have found a new strategy for making money? no Fibo. its not 3 trades, its not 4 trades...its a generation of trades. its trades going back years that make us right or wrong
the statistical probability that my method provides me an edge over a period of time. That's all it is.

"i called the top"...couldnt give a monkeys
"your wrong im right"...couldnt give a monkeys
"you haven't seen my super duper timeframe exansion trend line break" couldnt give a monkeys
"my dad is bigger than your dad" couldnt give a monkeys

I could go on. but now i have better things to do. my 5 year old is calling for her daddy. she now wants to play. she now wants her attention..
Fibo, go to your ratios, your sets of 5 and abcs and sub waves and everything else that sets you apart, that works for you.
I my friend am going to mine.

my parting words of wisdom on our separate journey:
in years to come the only thing that makes us right or wrong or successful or unsuccessful, is not the result of a decision, or a trade or even 3 or 4 or 5 decisions or trades. Its the culmination of a lifetime of decisions my friend, and how we amend our thinking and the actions we take after each and every one.
One day you will understand. you will not remember, but you will understand.
Malaguti called the top 27.07.2019
we're done now.

you're still not reading Fibo, my man. you are "looking" and drawing assumptions.
the trend for me is where price is in relation to the sma.
i haven't said i enter when price is above, and i enter when its below...you have inferred without wanting to understand. yes i get whipsawed, but not due to the conclusions that you have drawn

mate, im happy to talk. however you don't, you accuse. you're starting point is one of hostility, of derision
if someone is long, they are immediately wrong and they follow herds :sleep:
you use lovely charts with numbers on them. the market doesn't give a fig for your numbers, it doesn't give a fig for my sma either. the market doesn't give a fig for trend lines you or i may draw. The market doesn't give a fig for indicators that you or I or anyone else may use
these are merely "tools" that i use, which work for me.
your numbers and ratios and trend lines are the tools that you use and (somewhat ;)) work for you.
this is what makes all of us human. we are different, we have different points of view

i have a method that works for me. its different from yours. it doesn't make my method right or another wrong, its simply the statistical probability that my method provides an edge over a period of time for me. likewise the probability of your method providing an edge for you. i dont get emotional if im wrong, its simply statistics
inevitably when i'm long you also may be. and when you are short, im also long. this doesn't mean we're agreeing or disagreeing. all it means is that statistical probability is simply playing out. all this time the market is going up, or down. the market doesn't give a fig.
this is a forum to be able to speak one's mind. so embrace that
if two people agree on the same topic, they are not herding :sleep:, they are simply agreeing on a like minded subject
im learning and trying things new every day. whilst im learning, i still use my method that works for me.
I consider myself fortunate to have found one. it took me bloody years. I dont care if you found one straight away. it means nothing, we all have different journeys in life
I dont have to prove this method, calling a trade doesnt prove a method Fibo. you called a trade and you got it wrong. does that make your method wrong? of course not. its statistical probability
so what does it matter that i call a trade? you dont quite seem to see this Fibo, and thats ok.
you and i are light years away in our mindset. but this is ok. we are human. i love you too

i have no issues posting trades happy to play along. really, if i post a trade, 3 trades 4,5,6 trades and my direction is wrong each time...this is't going to mean anything. you already know it doesnt mean anything
enter on the open, close 4 days later. specific enough for you? there you go. i can make 3 more like it. what precisely does that mean though? you have been wrong, this might be wrong. are we in a club now?
it might close for a profit, what does that mean, that i have found a new strategy for making money? no Fibo. its not 3 trades, its not 4 trades...its a generation of trades. its trades going back years that make us right or wrong
the statistical probability that my method provides me an edge over a period of time. That's all it is.

"i called the top"...couldnt give a monkeys
"your wrong im right"...couldnt give a monkeys
"you haven't seen my super duper timeframe exansion trend line break" couldnt give a monkeys
"my dad is bigger than your dad" couldnt give a monkeys

I could go on. but now i have better things to do. my 5 year old is calling for her daddy. she now wants to play. she now wants her attention..
Fibo, go to your ratios, your sets of 5 and abcs and sub waves and everything else that sets you apart, that works for you.
I my friend am going to mine.

my parting words of wisdom on our separate journey:
in years to come the only thing that makes us right or wrong or successful or unsuccessful, is not the result of a decision, or a trade or even 3 or 4 or 5 decisions or trades. Its the culmination of a lifetime of decisions my friend, and how we amend our thinking and the actions we take after each and every one.
One day you will understand. you will not remember, but you will understand.
we're done now.

:):);):cool: Gotcha! You don't realize what you just did. I'll tell you. Your last sentence (in red & bold) nullified and neutralized your entire post.

>>>> Malaguti called the top 27.07.2019 <<<<
So did the Uber driver who drove me yesterday to get my car - he is homeless and showers and sleeps in his car at Walmart's facilities. I asked him, "on what basis?" His answer, "oh, I don't know, I just think so!"

So, let me tell you ......................... the only honest post you've made from the ones I've read here is the one in this thread on page 1, yes the one I jumped on and took you to task on. You stated quite clearly EXACTLY how you trade and how you see things. That is the only stable datum about you at T2W. The rest is hogwash. Your entire post above is an attempt to cover up having been found out. Its psychological - long dissertations follow a missed withold

Now look at the bottom of your post for the Like from a cat named dbphoenix. This cat had his ass Panama Canaled on a daily basis at EliteTrader's Politics forum. Like you he came up with massive dissertations, just like you did here in this post. No trades. A Class A loser who in real life would not be able to take out a burger out of a take out stand. LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------

A clique:
a small group of people, with shared interests or other features in common, who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them. Added by Fibo now ..... such a group is a disease, a group of old worn out decrepit lions who band together so as to prevent any incoming lone or upto 4 lion(s) in his/their prime from taking over the pride of T2W. Their tool of choice is constant agreement with each other as it is a fact of the Universe of matter, energy, space and time that agreement solidifies and thereby makes more real to the numbnuts that pour in on a daily basis - Nature in her wisdom prevents such bullshit automatically as life in the wild is essentially brutally real - but HERE is anything but Nature.

Head of snake = tomorton
dbphoenix = professor i.e. can't get a job in Industry so teaches. Yawn!
malagutti = 1st line of defense against intruders - they send malagutti to do this because he is their errand boy and is expendable.
7 more names uncovered. The night is still young.

Big plus, I mean a huge plus for this site is the moderator, who I have now placed on the same elevated level as the greatest moderator of all time from ET, named Ivanovich. The T2W moderator, even if he expels me will not diminish in stature in my eyes. He has earned his stature in spades.
:cool:

one method that is very effective for me, and very similar to what Tom has just mentioned
i only look at the weekly timeframe, and i use just the 30 week SMA and where price is in relation to it, to determine beginning trend patterns, continuations and end of trend. The actual periodicity of the average is largely unimportant. it could be 30 it could be 50 its how price has reacted in the past, and used to determine the initial breakout which will depict where the trend actually started for me.
its worth mentioning that there is no one method, it all depends on what you're looking at. some stocks wont work well with the method i highlighted above, and the ones that dont, i just leave alone and move on

:)
Commendation for malagutti for finally coming out and posting his system. I think Fibo had something to do with this.

Read the post 5 times if you have to. IT IS MALAGUTTI's system. Its a definitive statement.

So, moving on ............... the system will kill the practitioner with relative ease. Just leaving the capital in the bank even at low interest rates is the way to go in preference to this loser system.

System style is also Johnny's (tomorton)

A two-fer.

Don't do it guys.

Your Honor, I posted the original evidence here in case it gets edited or deleted. :):):)

we're done now.

Your broker accepts these kinds of trades (no numbers)? Post the website pls

Why are you calling a TOP, thereby violating your own system you so lovingly posted in this thread? Price is still way above the 30 ema weekly. If you don't follow your own system why should anybody else?

By the way, brother malagutti, with your system you were the last to get back in LONG after the crash of 2008 (on May 4, 2009). But then you got hammered by the whipsaws in 2010 and 2011 to such an extent that nobody in their right mind would continue with such a useless system.

For cryin out loud just bump your timeframe choice up to monthly from weekly if you want to use the same lazy method to make money - then scrap your 30-ema and just go with a clean Price chart and a 12/26/9 Macd. Therefore you would use only the 0-line cross of the Macd monthy for your entry/exit for the parabolic run 2009 to 2019. You'd still be in LONG with massive profits.
Now you might have objection to the distance of Macd currently from its 0-line. Reasonable but I have a solution for you. For such a long run in a bull, sooooooo overextended, just put a damn trendline under macd herself (monthly) and extend. then notice that after the trendline breakdown, Macd is NOT confirming PRICE. Your first intimation would be April 2019. SELL SELL SELL = CLOSE LONG in April 2019. :)

You would be on vacation now with massive profits instead of fumbling around like a duffer with your 30-week ema like a millstone around your neck.

Casting pearls amongst .................................. continues unabated.

Where would these cats be without a Yank? D E A D! :):):):)

:):):):):):):):):)

Sorry Trader333 ................ all of the above was before I was banned. My God, it was way overly harsh :):):):)

Technical data provided - would not change a thing. Tone of voice and demeanor, would change plenty.

Sorry guys, I'll make it up to you ......................

Sincere note to everybody here who ever enters this thread - I have just read it from start to finish 3 times. I've gotta tell you amigos, the stuff I wrote is abs. stunning, must have been stoned. Traders have a very hard time with identifying a trend with just a quick eyeball glance. This thread back then and now again today confirms that nobody here can define trend - neither in a sentence form nor in a picture form.

My God am saving this entire thread for my girls to study. I had completely forgotten about it. There is no better definition of TREND anywhere out there, not even the turtles can do this type of job on Trend.

And mind you all the above was without moving averages, trendlines, indicators and channels etc. Just pure Price action which we all know from observing the ocean and all levels of Physics is in wave form.

Almost all newbie opening posts I've seen here at T2W have one thing in common easily spotted in the plea from the newbie - they don't got a clue about TREND. that's where the entire problem resides. Clear that up and watch 'em fly and soar.

The fault lies in my demeanor. Its rough and tough and slap-around. That they talk exactly like this on Wall street might be an excuse but a forum has its rules and now that I understand them I want to follow them.

Thanks to Trader333 for not killing me but giving me a chance to correct my demeanor for this environment. I'm going to try but for sure I might fck up again - fingers crossed.

Check out the thread above .................. I've already apologized to op for being harsh. But I tell you I'm getting hit by nuclear bombs each time I see a newbie come and post whatever they generally post which if in a question form, is bellowing thru' a megaphone, "I don't know what a Trend is"

So I dropped a hint to him to "spot the trend" ..................... no answer from him yet .............. which leads to the next thing

.......... not all newbies are created equal. They differ vastly. 98% do not have what it takes to ever make it in this business. How do I know this? Just as each of you who have gotten to the other side, know that there are certain yardsticks that measure reasonably well the success, there is really ONLY ONE yardstick to look for when it comes to newbies entering the arena -

Its called Pan-determinism = ability to play both sides of a game with equal fairness. For our purposes this means not only being the best student one can be but also tirelessly and ruthlessly searching out and being the best professor one can be.

Spotted this feature in T2W newbie named SSAM the day he responded to me and almost instantly thereafter went into a vertical wave 3 on afterburners.

That is the type of op to pour on the coal for - its like a great song. It can change the world.

Shocking that nobody stepped in to help this warrior after I was banned. His own kind ignored him but this yank could not ignore him - cannot ignore a person of such caliber - that would be the only mortal sin I know of.

I rest my case