How do you identify trend?

When the indicators I'm using (=ema's) meats in a price level, for example, and also the heatmap in Bookmap shows a large liquidity level, it's a good confirmation for me.
Did you install them in your MT4 platform right? Are these custom build indicators or they are publicly available stuff?

Did you install them in your MT4 platform right? Are these custom build indicators or they are publicly available stuff?
I use the TWS of IB and TC2000 there the indicators are free (those I need). on Bookmap I use volume bar, iceberg detector and the CVD (comulative volume delta)

There a lot of ways to identify trend, but what methods are the most effective, in your opinion?

If you can't get an answer to your question with ONLY Price then you don't got no answer at all.

Again as always, nobody knows the basics but are going up against the ultimate warrior (MARKET) with their only weapon, super heated steam out the ass - like that would scare the daylights out of the Market. :) :) :) :)

If only the Stock Market Media knew what Fibo has uncovered here and at ET there would be no question or argument about the FACT cast in stone that 95%+ traders LOSE. It would be clear as Night follows Day.

BASIC TREND DEFINITION shown in previous chart above.

Now we go to Advanced TREND MECHANICS #1
For this I will have you refer to the basic chart of the Dow above, then note the slight violations where I have now marked with the yellow wave numbers in the chart below. Those are the internal subwaves within the larger Wave. they total 5 in number. When 5 are complete, the TREND bends or Reverses. have a good look at the Wave 4. That violation tells you its a 4 and therefore that there is only one upwave left to complete the entire sequence, hence Wave 5. Then comes the BEND in the TREND. This Bend is called an Intermediate Wave Correction in Classical TA

Now we go to Advanced TREND MECHANICS # 2

see where I have marked Wave (I) and Wave (II) ... ? That shows that a Wave of larger degree has been completed. The TREND then continues UP with the exact same stair-step method as before. Keep in mind that Waves are fractals and display the same characteristics on all timeframes. the caveat is that it is often very difficult to read them correctly on the lower frames, sometimes quite impossible as there are ambiguities. But as yougo to the larger frames it gets clearer. On Weekly it is supremely clear. Monthly is King, Yearly is GOD. :) :)

Now we go to Advanced TREND MECHANICS # 3

This stage examines the corrective wave aka The Bend in the Trend. Its a doosey. Its an Expanding Triangle. (in blue)

Hahahahahahahahaha, there are several more Advanced TREND Mechanics Levels which include a host of Fibonacci grids .....

and then even more other cute stuff that is deeply proprietary to Fibo

Not to be shown as it would be casting pearls .................... amongst clowns who don't got the time or pay-shunce to do the work to even get the BASICS, yet they expect big rewards in trading. One f***in deadbeat after another.

Yawn!

But I'm having a good time :):):):):)

If this is the best the UK got, I should ask Donald to make it a US State. Thenwe will get the real tea and fish and chips and finally some good Indian grub which for now can only be found in the San Fernando Valley in CA and of course everywhere in NYC

Important note:

In the above methodology you will see that I used no Trendlines whatsoever, nor did I use any moving averages, nor any Indicators.

Now, Trendlines are an integral part of Price so that would be OK.

But I decided to go down to PURE BASIC-BASIC, so deeeeeep into BASICS that there is no lower rung. Fibo is soooooo totally at home at BASIC-BASIC. You see, once he finds it, he is a champ at deriving forward from there.

Now, if you take any one sub-wave and examine the price movements therein, there is a wealth of knowledge to be had on the cellular level that willl make it even easier then to know when to exit per wave - this is super advanced stuff and I am not there yet, but I will get there, count on it. :):)

one method that is very effective for me, and very similar to what Tom has just mentioned
i only look at the weekly timeframe, and i use just the 30 week SMA and where price is in relation to it, to determine beginning trend patterns, continuations and end of trend. The actual periodicity of the average is largely unimportant. it could be 30 it could be 50 its how price has reacted in the past, and used to determine the initial breakout which will depict where the trend actually started for me.
its worth mentioning that there is no one method, it all depends on what you're looking at. some stocks wont work well with the method i highlighted above, and the ones that dont, i just leave alone and move on

You're a very notty boy, brother malautti :) Let's have a good look at the Hydrogen Sulfide you ejected from nozzle #1. Firstly if anyone is awake here and even 5% perspicacious, will easily observe how the oldtimers almost always agree and let it be known that they agree with each other. Thunderous formula for stupidity to be propagated unchecked. The newbies come in and say, "wow, the Phds here say its so, so it must be so"

See color-matching for answers, pls

So nice of you to make the 30 week SMA Price's boss.

Priceless!

cop out = smoke = ostrich head in sand and ignore

Now we go to Advanced TREND MECHANICS # 3

This stage examines the corrective wave aka The Bend in the Trend. Its a doosey. Its an Expanding Triangle. (in blue)

View attachment 265298

There be pure Gold in this one aspect of Price's behavior. Price has a strong tendency to correct into the area of the previous 4th wave of one lesser degree. My friends, this is deep, deep, deep. From this observation one can derive a whole host of things - its not going to be easy and it will take time.

See chart for the complicated pattern of the Expanding Triangle and dig this in real terms .......... In the 1970s America was getting hammered by this BEAR market shown in the Exp. Triangle - it was brutal even to just read about it in History. All sorts of destruction was taking place, people were going quite mad as the money disappeared and extreme hardship emerged.

Yet in the face of ALL OF THIS distraction of bloody Armageddon, PRICE did not violate the low of the previous 4th wave of one lesser degree. PRICE respected this point with aplomb and from just a hair above it, resumed the uptrend, unblemished.

This begs the question, "wtf would it mean if Price did violate the 4th wave low by even a hair?" We are in that situation right now since March 2009 when Price nicked the 4th. Remember the crash of 2008? Go back and look at where Price halted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Right at the previous 4th of one lesser degree. But this time it nicked it by a hair or two.

What is the message here? The next wave up is the Ultimate PHONY wave that will draw the suckers in en masse. Then the C-wave down will come in and finish the job

You're a very notty boy, brother malautti :) Let's have a good look at the Hydrogen Sulfide you ejected from nozzle #1. Firstly if anyone is awake here and even 5% perspicacious, will easily observe how the oldtimers almost always agree and let it be known that they agree with each other. Thunderous formula for stupidity to be propagated unchecked. The newbies come in and say, "wow, the Phds here say its so, so it must be so"

See color-matching for answers, pls

So nice of you to make the 30 week SMA Price's boss.

Priceless!

cop out = smoke = ostrich head in sand and ignore

i would respond in more detail, but then i got bored. there is only one way clearly, its your way Fibo
herds yes, lots of them..:sleep:
you can count to five woopy doo..and still get it wrong

i would respond in more detail, but then i got bored. there is only one way clearly, its your way Fibo
herds yes, lots of them..:sleep:
you can count to five woopy doo..and still get it wrong

:) :)

brother malagutti, you got cott with your pants down and your thumb up your ass. And I had nothing to do with any of it. You wrote it. You've been getting away with sh*t like this for years. Novice!

Anyone who defines trend by a moving average has placed the moving average above the dominion of PRICE. Only novices do sh*t like this. And worse ............. clear evidence you don't got the basics.

When the moving average turns down and down and down, the malaguttis will scream, "reversal, reversal, reversal" - but there is no violation of TREND as per PRICE. But YOU wouldn't know this, clown. :)

And you tell me you're going up against the S&P500? LOL

I told you so many times, "Come play with Fibo, malagutti" :)

one method that is very effective for me, and very similar to what Tom has just mentioned

i only look at the weekly timeframe, and i use just the 30 week SMA and where price is in relation to it, to determine beginning trend patterns, continuations and end of trend.

brother malagutti, now is that any way to behave at a rock and roll concert? Just read the sh*t you wrote. You're killing me, brother. You're lucky I still love you, always will. :)

I'm dyyyyyying of f**in laffffter, brother. You can't be serious with this sh*t you're putting out.

Listen up, brother ...............

Price is a fractal, TRENDS occur on ALL timeframes, dummy, not just the weekly timeframe. Even the 5-minute timeframe has its TREND.

price occurs on all timeframes..absolutely
now read what I said...(.let me know if you're struggling with the reading part..)
only one dummy here buddy boy..its a 12 year old Fibo
go on, start another thread. tell us where the top is :sleep:

Last edited by a moderator:
price occurs on all timeframes..absolutely
now read what I said...(.let me know if you're struggling with the reading part..)
only one dummy here buddy boy..its a 12 year old Fibo
go on, start another thread. tell us where the top is :sleep:

Love you, brother :)

12-yr old means we can't play, make me at least 18, then we go hunting in the Caribbean together for stuff like the 2 shown in video below.

At 1:42 (Hillary Clinton's favorite track, Billy's too)

At 1:21

i only look at the weekly timeframe, and i use just the 30 week SMA and where price is in relation to it, to determine beginning trend patterns, continuations and end of trend.

brother malagutti, look what happened to you in the SPX (SPY) or your ETF you said you were LONG. Now apply your own formula as in quote above. then dig this, brother .................. you got whipsawed around up and down all the way from the Ileum to the Transverse colon. Never mind the losses, brother, just look at the level of stress and frustration to play a BEND IN THE TREND in this fashion. This is the Ultimate Trap in TREND. It can destroy ALL the gains made in the non-bend and give you a heart attack. Think brother, think.

No brother malagutti, me thinks your brother Fibo has a lot to teach you, swallow the pride and come to me, amigo. Only I can put you straight. :):)

Straight from Miami given to Fibo on a gorgeous platter

dearest brother malagutti,

come play with fibo - see SPX chart below. Keeping thread title in clear sight but let's say that we forego PURE PRICE ACTION and just have your 30-wk ema on Price. So then let's just do this - I will handicap myself and go with the nearest relative of Price, almost as pure as Price but not quite - the Trendline. Only 2 required as you can clearly sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezily see on YOUR timeframe of WEEKLY

Look at the f**in gain with just this simplicity, no whipsaws. The break of the 1st line gives Wave 4, the break of the Wave 4 line confirms top is in. I go to sidelines. Then try to time the top for a short. Exactly what I've done in my thread.

Your 30-wk ema is shown in blue for reference against my red trendlines and white arrows show entry and exit on trendline breakouts and breakdowns

Want to get the job done, get a yank, bypass the Brit, his ceiling is just too low. The yank will exponentialize the game Richter-type scale :):):):):):)

Learn brother malagutti, learn, learn before its too late.

Remember you gave me sh*t for moving averages? Now see the chart below for MY moving average selection of choice for the weekly timeframe. Your selection of the 30-wk ema is like a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest compared to my 38x62 exponential moving average combo. Why 38x62? Because it mimics the 38.2% and 61.8% Fibonacci, that's why. There's magic in them numbers, you're just too Brit to see it.

Then dig this, brother ................................ only one entry into the SPX weekly required. And dig this, you are still IN LONG, no exit yet. LONG for 9 f**kin years, hahahahaha.

I had displayed and mentioned this moving average combo 4 times in total right here at T2W but as usual the Brits can't see for sh*t, their Empire is gone and they're going so fast its making my head spin. Damn shame! :) :)

brother malagutti, just noticed your write up about Elliottwave on your profile.

Don't disagree with you, brother. elliotticians are full of it and worse, they do it with alternates, hahahaha. And like you said they are always wrong. You also said that I personally cannot count to 5? :):):) Don't disagree, brother. Its a bitch to count to 5. But I can easily count to 6 if I have to :cool::cool:

Come play, malagutti :)