How do I stop the email notification of new posts?

MysticalTrader

I need to stop the emails notifying m of new posts in threads I want to see. They ar useful but I am often online anyway so I can do without them. How do I switch them off?

MT

MysticalTrader said:
I need to stop the emails notifying m of new posts in threads I want to see. They ar useful but I am often online anyway so I can do without them. How do I switch them off?

MT

Do you have your "Default thread Subscription Mode" activated?

Look in "User CP", "Edit Options", Messaging and Notification".

Hope that helps. :)

S

you are a star, and I am a dunce for not seeing that when I looked :-(

thanks again :)

MT

sharriss said:

S

Turning off emails

aaaaarrrgh!

No matter what I do I cannot stem the flow of emails. I have turned it off in CP options, to no avail. What else must I do or should I burn down the house and move to Poland?

MT

Mmmm, just had a look and it's go to Poland :cheesy: All I can see is "Do not subscribe to threads"
Let us know what it's like out there, I may start a language course ;)

MysticalTrader said:
or should I burn down the house and move to Poland?
...and you think that'll stop it. They'll just hunt you down - there's no escape :cheesy:

By turning off the thread alerts, you've stopped any future notifications, but not the ones you have already subscribed to. Hopefully if you go to the thread that sends you the notification, click on "Thread Tools" (above the first post) - there should be an option to "Unsubscribe to this thread."
Click that and hopefully it should be ok
idea.gif

cheers, will give it a try. Though I suspect you are right. No escape.We are all doomed.

MT

FTSE Beater said:
...and you think that'll stop it. They'll just hunt you down - there's no escape :cheesy:

By turning off the thread alerts, you've stopped any future notifications, but not the ones you have already subscribed to. Hopefully if you go to the thread that sends you the notification, click on "Thread Tools" (above the first post) - there should be an option to "Unsubscribe to this thread."
Click that and hopefully it should be ok
idea.gif

Ah ! Mystical !

Welcome back !

Only the other day we were quoting your sayings on some thread or other.

Marvellous to see you posting again. Marvellous indeed.

Very Kind Regards,

sharriss said:

S

That will stop you from getting notification from new threads you join. At the left side navigation bar of your control panel is is a subscriptions link - click on that and you can "uncheck" notification from threads to which you have already subscribed.
JO

There is one person remaining on these boards who is on my "ignore" list.
Although this means I don't read his posts, ......., I do get email notification with his message in them on subscribed threads. Of course, I don't read ........, but I do have the chore of deleting such emails.
Perhaps a mod could explain how I could solve this problem, please?......
Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Salty Gibbon said:
Hope you're having a good weekend Soc.
Ah ! Yes, thank you Salty, I hope you are too.
Weather lovely down here, hot....sunny....
Mowed the three lawns this afternoon then after that
neighbours popping round for a glass or two of cold cider and a titbit.
Everybody happy, laughing, talking, cheerful. Children, pets, marvellous.
All the garden chairs out.
Nobby the Cat, belongs to a neighbour 4 houses away, comes here,
says miouw, wags his tail, gets fed, says miouw again, disappears..
back tomorrow....Sussex life...you know...tomorrow the hedge...
8 feet tall, endless...big job, you know. Thank the Lord for Electric
Hedge Trimmers.
icon10.gif

If there is a techie mod around, or even a modern techie, much less a technical moderator, could you please answer the question I posed in post #11 on this thread?
It is a genuine and serious question.
I need to preserve the integrity of my email box and not have it sullied by silly soliloquies...........
Richard

I need to preserve the integrity of my email box and not have it sullied by silly soliloquies........... Richard[/QUOTE said:
Is nothing sacred anymore :|

Mr. Charts said:
If there is a techie mod around, or even a modern techie, much less a technical moderator, could you please answer the question I posed in post #11 on this thread?
I need to preserve the integrity of my email box and not have it sullied by silly soliloquies...........
Richard

Richard

You could probably setup a Spam filter searching for the desired username and the relevant header from T2W. That should do the trick. If you are using Outlook, you could setup a rule to automatically delete the relevant mails...

Stew

Mr. Charts said:
Richard
Hi Richard,
I don't know of any way to prevent T2W from sending you these messages. I'll ask the other mods. I expect it will require you to use a filter tool on your email client as the knifemac suggests.

JO

JO is right - there is no way to prevent you from receiving these emails, as the system is presently not savvy enough to ignore post notification. Perhaps we can update it in the future, but for the moment, I'm afraid a rule set up on your email account to scan for particular words is your best bet.

Thanks, Sharky,
I've now discovered just how easy it is to block out unwanted messages with a key word in them so the problem is solved, thank you. Ironically I no longer get the type of message I used to, anyway......