Robot posts / non-interacting posts

trendie

Legendary member
hi,

Theres this thread, "Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures", and the posts are informative, bantery, funny and interactive.

However, psaTrading, seems to be some kind of robot posting.
Useful though it may be to someone, they seem not to reply to questions posters pose.

Should robots be allowed on human-powered threads?

I know I am being incredibly pedantic, and my need to be tidy and ordered is kicking in, but its unfair to post junk just to generate an awareness of psaTrading without responding to peoples honest questions.

I think these posts should be cut and pasted into their own thread, and leave the humans to themselves.

Perhaps these posts should be translated into HEX-code and let other robots read them in their native language?

We do check for this and in the event a robot is discovered it is banned. That said there have been times when what appeared as a robot was found not to be and we have ways to check on this so will look into the above.

It is getting harder for humans to detect the difference. Robots can now pass the Turing test.

hi,

I know I am being incredibly pedantic, and my need to be tidy and ordered is kicking in, but its unfair to post junk just to generate an awareness of psaTrading without responding to peoples honest questions.

You are not being pedantic at all Trendie. PSA has ruined a decent thread where there was banter, information, trades called etc. Even pippy made for good reading with his antics lol (we love him really!)

Now we are left with :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:
cut and paste jobs:cheesy:

It's incredibly annoying. I have unsubbed from that thread multiple times because of that guy/robot

It's incredibly annoying. I have unsubbed from that thread multiple times because of that guy/robot

You can set them to ignore so you wouldn't see posts made by them.

Also if the posts are consistently "off topic" then report them and it will be addressed.