How can i improve my ES spreadbetting trading

Varies from firm to firm, but generally from my experience, the FTSE will have the smallest spread

Hi all,
Let me clarify. I use ETX as my trading platform and I use IG advanced charts. I trade the ES mini primarily and I seem to be doing okay, i.e more larger winners than small losers. I tend to scalp slightly longer term whereby I maybe in a trade for a few mins upto an hour or so, really depends on what I am seeing in front of me. Not sure how my style of trading would be described as sometimes I hold and wait for breakouts. Maybe Im a scalp swing breakout trader? Depends what my eyes are seeing i suppose.

Primarily I use S&R lines, trendlines, Bollinger Bands and MACD. I watch stochastics for divergences but dont place too much emphasis on this indiactor. I usually trade off price action and where it is in relation to my S&R lines/ bands etc . I trade off 5min charts but use 1hr and 4hr charts for trend confirmation.
As i say, all seems okay but i know there is much room for improvement and this is where I need the experience and knowledge of you guys. I tend to hit my targets 3 out of 5 days and usually end up with a profit be it a large or small one. I do have down days but i try, TRY, to limit my losses without overtrading.

I want to stop using direct access charts at somepoint and upgrade to a charting package that will incorporate volume, i think this may benefit my trading style as i believe I can incorporate seeing volume per bar into my strategy. ETX as my platform seems fine.

Using IG advanced charts I cant get an ES chart so i use a daily SPX500 Chart. Not ideal but ES follows. Would love to be using an ES chart with volume. Any recommendations guys would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
ifRenato

if youre.gonna trade es you need to trade futures and have a decent charting pack such as ninjatrader or similar. youll find a broker 400 to 500 dollar per contract no problem. your prices are coming from cme not a marketmaker. much more accurate