How about C# 4.0 + IB for execution system?

Okash

Guys

.NET 4.0 apparently optimises multi core parallel execution using Parallels library.
What are your views on programming systems in C# 4.0 against IB?

Okash

I am programming my system from scratch and first I started with c++ but finally realized that with decent programming tactics, speed of program execution is not an issue at all on current computers no matter what language or emulator you use. So for ease of development I use php for my entire system and intranet serve the pages to myself on IE from apache server on same computer. This is probably the slowest running system possible but progamming php is amazingly fast and easy. If later I wish to use a faster language, all the logic will port over so I am in no way wasting time.. Php is wonderful for fast development. Sorry I didn't answer your question but just wanted to maybe bring to light another option.

It's not going to matter unless you are pulling huge volume. C#'s biggest advantage is native gui interfaces. I would just go with what you feel the most confident in.

If you are really that interested in parallel execution take a look at google go as well.

numbertea, you are right about modern hardware being a lot faster than its predecessors. However it is about the comparative advantage. Indeed, if relative speed of execution is not an issue, as is the case in EOD trading, then faster execution wouldn't matter.

TWD, C# has that reputation of GUI language as far as trading systems are concerned. IMO it is mostly due to Java's prevalence. But .NET 4.0 can potentially reshape the landscape now, specially with its Parallels Task Library. You have to research it a bit to appreciate it. I am not in a position to compare Google's Go. Have you used it?

I agree faster execution doesn't matter for EOD. I meant that program development will be faster because the easier language will require less forethought. Whatever language you choose to use will be fine. If you want your system to place trades with a broker automatically there are ways to interface any language if you can do some c++ or c programming with sockets. C# is fully capable of letting you realize your project.

You're as fast as your weakest link, in this case you have the internet and your broker in the way, parallel execution and fancy features won't change that