TS2000i Data Defragmenter

BobScott

A few years ago I released a program which performed Data Defragmentation of TradeStation 4.0 (Ts4) data files and I have been asked many times if I had an equivalent version for TradeStation 2000i (Ts2ki). Although the structure of the Ts2ki Data Files is far more complex than the Ts4 file structure I have finally released a completed version of the utility.

If you are not sure what Data Defragmentation is or how it is different from Disk Defragmentation and how it will improve the performance of your Ts2ki system, please download the program and read the help file. The unregistered version of the utility can be used to see how much fragmentation you have in your system and will even allow you to re-write one fragmented file so you can evaluate the utility.

One customer's unsolicited comment was:
"EVERYONE should thank him and purchase it as well if you use TS 2000i. It reduced the size of my Server Files by almost one half! I have noticed an incredible pick up in the speed of the performance of the TS Program."

The software is licensed on a "per computer" basis with a single license being available for an introductory price of $25 USD, two licenses for $40 USD or three licenses for $50 USD.

The unregistered utility may be downloaded from the following link: Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, Online Storage, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Send Files

If you have questions or comments, you can contact me at:

[email protected]

Last edited:
I have just uploaded a new version of Ts2ki Unfrag which fixes some minor usage bugs which involve only display items plus I now have data size prorated pricing with users with under 512 MB of Server data being able to use the utility for free.

The way it works is as follows:

1. Download and Install the utility from the link: Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, Online Storage, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Send Files

If you do not already have a Key Code (program is not yet registered) then perform the following:

2. Run the program and create a report of your current Server Data fragmentation.

3. Select the Registration menu which will copy your motherboard information to the clipboard and paste that into an e-mail.

4. Attach the Unfrag Report generated in Step 2 to the e-mail and send it to me.

When I receive your information and if your Server Data size is less than 512 MB, I will send you a Key Code at no cost.

[email protected]

Last edited:
Hello Bob
Just tried your new version and got the error below.
Did I do something wrong.
Glenn

Attachments

• Unfrag error.JPG
    Unfrag error.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 373
Hello Bob
Just tried your new version and got the error below.
Did I do something wrong.
Glenn
Glenn,

Another user had a similar problem. I think the program needs to have an initial registration "dummy" which I have added. Try the download again an see what happens.

Go to the Registration menu and the "dummy" should like the following. It does not matter what the PC Description says but the Key Code must be formatted like: 1234-5678-9ABC-DEF0. The actual hex characters are not important but the format is. See the attached image.

Thanks for the feedback.

~Bob

Attachments

• Dummy Regitration.gif
    Dummy Regitration.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Anyone using TS2000i with large amounts of data should seriously consider obtaining the Ts2ki Unfrag utility because in some cases it appears to be the equivalent of almost doubling the CPU speed. The following is a quote made just this morning by a user on another forum:

"I just put Ts2ki Unfrag on both my servers and life is much better. NO connection to Bob Scott.
Thanks Bob- these machines are running fast- charts are updating with lightning speed...."

You may download the unregistered utility from the link: Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, Online Storage, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Send Files

I have been offerng the utility for an introductory price of $25.00 USD per PC but as of tomorrow the price structure will be changed.

If you need further information please contact:

[email protected]

Best regards,

~Bob

I have uploaded a new version of Ts2ki Unfrag to the Link: Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, Online Storage, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Send Files Download and run it to see if your Global Server files are badly fragmented.

If you just want to read more about the utility I have uploaded a MHtml document to the Link: Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, Online Storage, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Send Files I know this file is readable using IE6 but I'm not sure about other browsers.

[email protected]

Best regards,

~Bob

I now have a dedicated website for Ts2ki Unfrag so links to the Box.net
website will now be invalid.

The dedicated Ts2ki Unfrag website is: Bob Scott Systems

A new e-mail address for Ts2ki Unfrag communications is
[email protected]

The current program version is 2008-05-11a