Holy Grail found!!!

Ok Bramble, I will oblige you. By the way, it's good to see you posting again after your dramatic resignation a few months ago. I look forward to your next performance.
Hello new_trader, thank you for your comprehensive response.

My dramatic resignation? Got a pointer to that post? Didn’t think so. I chose to stop posting as conditions existed at that time which I felt were not conducive to me continuing to do so. Those conditions have subsequently been addressed and resolved by site admin. So I’m posting again. I’m touched by your words though and I am over the moon that you’re pleased.

It’s a jolly good job your trading research is more thorough than that you carry out on posts on these boards though, or you’d have to work for a living. Talking of which, jobs and trading, are you still doing shift work or have you managed to move to full-time trading, or are you trading at all yet?

About my example: I thought it was obvious, but clearly, it isn't.
No, clearly it wasn’t. Either your example or your thinking. But I’m sure the fault is mine. And all the others who didn’t understand either. Dimwits, all of us I’m afraid.

You see, trader_dante posted an 'example' of what he is talking about and nobody questioned him. Why?
I’m guessing if he isn’t questioned it’s because he explains things satisfactorily enough not to leave any questions for the asking? Make sense?

I would say there are 2 reasons:

1) A 'pin bar' is obvious, even you can see them. :-0
2) He has devoted a thread with over 1000 posts giving lessons on how to trade, something that I am not prepared to do. This, for some reason, has afforded him the credibility that I am denied.
Can’t comment on any of that as I don’t follow that thread. I don’t think it’s a case of you being actively denied credibility though – it’s just that you simply don’t appear to have any. Short-sighted bunch as well as dimwits. I’m glad you’re hanging in though – we all need educating.

I am an advocate of tight stops, yet whenever I mention this I get the usual responses like "They will keep getting hit" etc...etc...etc...What disturbs you and dax destroyer is that you cannot understand what you see in my chart and this is why you want a clear and precise explanation, something I am not prepared to do.
There’s not an awful lot not to understand in your chart. Can’t speak for anyone else, but what I couldn’t understand was what it was you thought we were supposed to be seeing in your chart. There’s nothing on there to shake a stick at. I wonder if you hoped a real trader would come along and help you out. Explain about S&R and volume. Show you what you should be looking for. I would be delighted to do so, but I need to know more of your personal style, financial situation and trading aspirations. I was a little embarrassed with your pleading for real traders to make live calls on another thread. Even if we did so, it would not serve your purpose in any way to simply ride our coattails. We are all very different and you’ll need to develop your own system or you’ll have no chance of long-term success.

Talking of no chance of long-term success, are you still in touch with your previous self-adopted mentor? He never made any live calls. Or rather, he did, but they weren’t. But his ribald humour will help you keep your chin up while all those tight stop losses keep getting hit.

Dedicated to Dax destroyer :cool:

This one, not as profitable, but you can't win them all :LOL:

Let me first point out, that I am NOT here to fight and NEVER here to be RIGHT :)

Here my opinion:

Which stops you use, depends on your strategy and timeframe. As you know, I am new to this forum, therefore please bear with me, that I neither read the 1000 post about PIN bars nor look out for them. ;) IMHO it is just a Hammer or a shooting star with few side conditions (I hope I got that right).

If you trade this, it is obvious, that you must trade with a tight stop. But this is not, what I'm talking about. To tell me, that it is common rule, to use tight stops, I can't accept. Sorry :)

And what disturbed me, and I don't want to attack you ;), is that you put a chart on, where nobody sees your stops and then as somebody asks you, react unpolitely.

Cheers Carlos

It’s a jolly good job your trading research is more thorough than that you carry out on posts on these boards though, or you’d have to work for a living. Talking of which, jobs and trading, are you still doing shift work or have you managed to move to full-time trading, or are you trading at all yet?

YES, I'm still doing shift work. I enjoy having a hobby that pays. Does that bother you?

I would be delighted to do so, but I need to know more of your personal style, financial situation and trading aspirations. I was a little embarrassed with your pleading for real traders to make live calls on another thread. Even if we did so, it would not serve your purpose in any way to simply ride our coattails. We are all very different and you’ll need to develop your own system or you’ll have no chance of long-term success.

Yes, the last thing I would want to do is ride your coattails. Please don't post any of your trades :LOL: