Holy Grail Discovered

Phew, what a day that was. The holy grail faced adversity and came out ahead. The recoverability of the grail was impressive to say the least.

I started off diving into the market without looking on Sunday open paying the huge weekend spread, 6 hours later I had a 6.7% account contraction loser. Then, out of impatience I got into another trade that barely met a holy grail signal. Needless to say that too was a looser. 5 hours in, I was hit for 12.3% account contraction. On both trades, I held on despite very early signals to get out.

Having rethought what had happened I concluded I really aught to use the grail properly. Ahead of my today's sporting hour, I recovered fully my first loser with a winner. Upon returning from sports, I recovered fully from my second loser with another winner plus a little extra. Currently the account is sitting on 0.8% growth for the day.

Both winning trades took barely a fraction of the time to conclude compared to the time involved for the losers. The characteristic difference between the winners and losers is abundantly clear.

As the day is not yet over, let's see if I can make my 10% daily growth target. Patience is key, and lulz a requirement.

Phew, what a day that was. The holy grail faced adversity and came out ahead. The recoverability of the grail was impressive to say the least.

I started off diving into the market without looking on Sunday open paying the huge weekend spread, 6 hours later I had a 6.7% account contraction loser. Then, out of impatience I got into another trade that barely met a holy grail signal. Needless to say that too was a looser. 5 hours in, I was hit for 12.3% account contraction. On both trades, I held on despite very early signals to get out.

Having rethought what had happened I concluded I really aught to use the grail properly. Ahead of my today's sporting hour, I recovered fully my first loser with a winner. Upon returning from sports, I recovered fully from my second loser with another winner plus a little extra. Currently the account is sitting on 0.8% growth for the day.

Both winning trades took barely a fraction of the time to conclude compared to the time involved for the losers. The characteristic difference between the winners and losers is abundantly clear.

As the day is not yet over, let's see if I can make my 10% daily growth target. Patience is key, and lulz a requirement.

You've certainly got the lulz covered, but the HG looks like a dud already if it can potentially wipe you out in a few days.

You've certainly got the lulz covered, but the HG looks like a dud already if it can potentially wipe you out in a few days.

I read it as the first trade was a HG loser, and the second trade was "barely" an HG signal.
If BJ hadnt taken the second trade, which wasnt a HG signal, he wouldnt have taken 12% or so of a loss.
The aggregate end of day situation would have been around a 13% gain.

This guy has the HG, but still takes non-HG signals. :rolleyes:

Of course, although he took a 5% loss on the first trade, he doesnt indicate its MAE, which would be interesting to know.

:LOL:
Ironically, now that BJ has got the HG, there's an even greater probability of him blowing up than there was before he acquired it. He'll be more inclined to take ever greater risks, believing that he can recover from any loss and increase his account size 10%+ day after day. Mind how you go BJ, as your shiny new HG could quickly lose (note spelling) its sparkle and be the cause of your downfall.
Tim.

I read it as the first trade was a HG loser, and the second trade was "barely" an HG signal.
If BJ hadnt taken the second trade, which wasnt a HG signal, he wouldnt have taken 12% or so of a loss.
The aggregate end of day situation would have been around a 13% gain.

Of course, although he took a 5% loss on the first trade, he doesnt indicate its MAE, which would be interesting to know.

Not sure what MAE is. Google produced multisensory aesthetic experience.

Just because someone has a shiny new HG doesn't means he knows how to use it properly. It takes time for things to settle in, to work out what kind of envelope the HG is capable of.

Ironically, now that BJ has got the HG, there's an even greater probability of him blowing up than there was before he acquired it. He'll be more inclined to take ever greater risks, believing that he can recover from any loss and increase his account size 10%+ day after day. Mind how you go BJ, as your shiny new HG could quickly lose (note spelling) its sparkle and be the cause of your downfall.
Tim.

It took a few days for a mod to see the odds good enough to take a punt. But it's all good, the more the merrier.

The risk is on maximum. It cannot be increased further.

Not sure what MAE is. Google produced multisensory aesthetic experience.
Maximum Adverse Excursion - although your Google answer sounds far more interesting! Eating great food, whilst looking at a beautiful woman, being 'massaged' by another, with some cool tunes in the background. This is what awaits you BJ when you've mastered your HG!

Not sure what MAE is.

Maximum Adverse Excursion.
How far off-side a trade goes before closing it.

eg, if you opened a trade, and you closed it for a profit of 10 pips, but went against you by 40 before recovering, your MAE is 40.
You can use MAE to gauge amounts risked to amounts gained.
In above example, having an MAE of 40 for a gain of 10 might focus your mind somewhat.

Its important as it gives you an idea of the amount of capital/margin that got tied up whilst you waited for it to come good.

good luck, BJ.

The closest you will get to a holy grail is by avoiding
the red highlighted parts.
Should provoke a lulzy response at least...:)

I'm intrigued now Beginner Joe, the majority of your posts are all about the person on the other side of the trade, respecting him and her etc there is no ATM blah blah
where is this respect in your new found holy grail? how do you incorporate that respect, or has it really taken you over 3000 posts to realise its not needed? Just curious

I'm intrigued now Beginner Joe, the majority of your posts are all about the person on the other side of the trade, respecting him and her etc there is no ATM blah blah
where is this respect in your new found holy grail? how do you incorporate that respect, or has it really taken you over 3000 posts to realise its not needed? Just curious

The logical conclusion after 3000 posts would be to go on the same side as the guy on the other side. This may seem impossible. But it isn't. I hope your curiosity is now satisfied. If this seems a bit cryptic, it is. No attempts in extracting my HG will succeed.

Last edited:
Maximum Adverse Excursion.
How far off-side a trade goes before closing it.

eg, if you opened a trade, and you closed it for a profit of 10 pips, but went against you by 40 before recovering, your MAE is 40.
You can use MAE to gauge amounts risked to amounts gained.
In above example, having an MAE of 40 for a gain of 10 might focus your mind somewhat.

Its important as it gives you an idea of the amount of capital/margin that got tied up whilst you waited for it to come good.

good luck, BJ.

The off side limit is infinite so long as the technical limit is not breached. Of course I held some trades that did breach the technical limits. That's an issue unrelated to the HG.

The logical conclusion after 3000 posts would be to go on the same side as the guy on the other side. This may seem impossible. But it isn't. I hope your curiosity is now satisfied. If this seems a bit cryptic, it is. No attempts in extracting my HG will succeed.

Who might that be, the market makers or someone with an
alternative view?
One earns the spread, you need the other to buy what you are selling.
Think about that...

Who might that be, the market makers or someone with an
alternative view?
One earns the spread, you need the other to buy what you are selling.
Think about that...

The other side is always the mm and the banks behind them. Their intention is plastered all over the chart because of the actions by those with an alternative view. As always the banks wins. One only needs to identify where the looser alternate viewer's are to find the banks' intentions.

The other side is always the mm and the banks behind them. Their intention is plastered all over the chart because of the actions by those with an alternative view. As always the banks wins. One only needs to identify where the looser alternate viewer's are to find the bank's intentions.

Lulz

I've been searching for the holy grail of trading for ages. I think Beginner Joe has hit on something here, I can't see how this can loose.

Sadly with a name like "Beginner" you won't be taken seriously by any new traders, but perhaps that is part of your plan as you said you can't reveal the secret.