Historical Intraday Charts

Sharky

Staff
Hope everyone had a great christmas.. or at least a not too stressful one! :)

Quick question..

Does anyone know of a website or a piece of software that enables you to view intrday chart for an day in the past 12 months. AIQ lets you view intrday charts on any stock for the past 3 days, but not before that (not as far as I can tell). The reason I want to get this info, it is to do some research on one of the stocks I intend to start daytrading in the new year.

Cheers,

------------------
----------
Pigsy

pigsy_tiny.jpg

Thanks Hill, but what I forgot to mention that this particular stock is US - BRCM. And of course ADVFN is only UK stocks. Doh!

Try askng the question@
e-groups.com- AIQ, aiq trading, aiq eds...

Martin.

ps I will too, but I'm off to Orlando in the morning...

I'm envious, how long for? I'm wearing the shades and ready if there's a spare ticket!

...I'm off to Orlando in the morning...[/B][/QUOTE]

Don't be too envious- we're going with the kids and grand kids- one is two, the other is four- the two year old currently sleeps for about 2 hours each night........You can come as a baby sitter if you want....

Happy New Year

Martin

here's a reply:

Martin:

The only vendor I am aware of that keeps historical intraday data is
quote.com. I all you want is to acquire historical intraday bar data (1-min,
5-min, etc.) on a group of stocks you would probably need to sign up for at
least a one-month subscription to their data feed. They provide the QCharts
charting package as part of the subscription. From that program you can
select any stock, move to a particular date in the past, and then export the
bar data to a text file. I have exported up to 5000 bars at a time in the
past so I know you can at least get that much data. Last time I checked they
have 1-min bar data for most, if not all, stocks traded on the Nasdaq/NYSE
going back well into 1998. Hope this helps.

any good?

Martin

Thanks Martin,

Funnily enough I was looking at the Qcharts software from Quote.com just today. Shame you have to pay the subscription, but it could be worth paying the sub for a month. Grabing all the historical data, and then cancelling it.

Orlando sounds like fun! Take me too.

I'm sure you'll have a great time once you get there. We were there this August. My favoutites are Kennedy Space Centre and Universal Studies. Still, with a two year old maybe you'll just stay by the pool. My highlight was the windscreen wipers packing in during an Orlando downpour on the way back from Kennedy Spacew Centre, and the kids shouting through the car window,'look out for the the aligators' as I'm making a call from the roadside phone. Thanks a lot. Check yer wipers before yer take-off. Just in case you meet a similar fate, memorise what an aligator looks like.

gator2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by reality:
Don't be too envious- we're going with the kids and grand kids- one is two, the other is four- the two year old currently sleeps for about 2 hours each night........You can come as a baby sitter if you want....

Happy New Year

Martin
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>