Hidden Charges

lenford

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum (also spread betting). I've read through quite a few posts and havent come accross anything covering this but I apologise if its already been discussed on here before.

I'm currently in the process of trying out different "trading" systems and seeing what works for me. Obviously a key component of a trading system is risk management and I want to make sure I dont overlook any charges whilst backtesting.

Apart from the spread and overnight holding fees is there anything else I should be aware of?

Also, how significant are overnight holding fees? I had a look on the IG website for information but I'm still struggling to understand how they're calculated.

I'm aware that different SB companies will most likey have different charges but as of yet I haven't decided on one and I'd be interested to hear if any of you can recomend one?

I started off looking at IG Markets but read quite a few bad reviews online and quickly realised this is common amongst the majority SB companies. I then came accross DF Markets which seem to have mainly good reviews and tight spreads but as far as I can tell they don't allow bet sizes with a decimal point such as 1.5/1.6 only 1,2,3 etc. They also don't seem to do 10 or 15 minute charts. It's not the end of the world and I could still work with it but I'd prefer to have greater control of my risk per trade with the decimal point and to have the option to "trade" in 10 or 15 minute charts.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!