Hi there

Craiggriffin

Hello everyone ,I'm newish to trading - been on a practice account with etoro for 6 months ish and now I have been trading on etoro with real money since the tail end of sept. I Managed to jump on glencore and had a 47% gain, 8% gain on petroleo brasil and a 11% gain on Twitter. I'm only starting small and trying to make sure I stay in the green, rather than rushing and making crappy decisions.

To keep my trading account intact I'm using a 3.5% stop loss, is this about right? I just don't want to loose it all as this is just a bit of fun and to see what I can make over a week. I'm not looking to retire anytime soon, but doing some selling and buying is better than getting 1% interest from the bank!

Also I was wondering what other platforms people are using. I'm finding etoro never has the company I want!

Any ideas would be helpful.

Say my investment crashed , can I end up owing money to etoro/the company invested in - if I didn't have a stop loss

Take a look into emini futures. Emini S&P 500, has a lot of volume and volatility. It is good for day trading. You can go long or short. Do your DD on it to see if it is your fit. Good luck.

I agree with @arigoldman you also need to check the agreement you signed. Sometimes these can vary/differ in some manner and each broker is different.