Hi everyone!

terrorhawk

Hi all

Have been trading for about 6 months now and mainly dabbled in ftse 100. My most successful week I turned £100 into £1100......then the following week promptly lost most of it :eek:
Since then have learnt a lot and making steady profits with controlled losses but wondered if there is a more profitable way to trade the ftse outside of an sb account whilst still benefitting from the leverage? I currently have accounts with IG Index and tradefair.....none are really that great and both have a 1 point spread.
I'd like to find an account which allows you to trade off the charts (no more clicking back and forth on windows) and which has a smaller spread. I'm also considering looking into trading Dow Jones because it fits in with childcare better. Any suggestions as to which accounts have the features I need.

Hi all

Have been trading for about 6 months now and mainly dabbled in ftse 100. My most successful week I turned £100 into £1100......then the following week promptly lost most of it :eek:
Since then have learnt a lot and making steady profits with controlled losses but wondered if there is a more profitable way to trade the ftse outside of an sb account whilst still benefitting from the leverage? I currently have accounts with IG Index and tradefair.....none are really that great and both have a 1 point spread.
I'd like to find an account which allows you to trade off the charts (no more clicking back and forth on windows) and which has a smaller spread. I'm also considering looking into trading Dow Jones because it fits in with childcare better. Any suggestions as to which accounts have the features I need.

IG lets you trade off the chart. You won't find a smaller spread than 1 point.

I doubt you will find a more profitable way to trade the FTSE.

IG lets you trade off the chart. You won't find a smaller spread than 1 point.

I doubt you will find a more profitable way to trade the FTSE.

Isn't the peak time spread technically 0.5 on the NYSE Euronext contract :sneaky:

Afternoon terrorhawk

It's a fine line between profit and loss. You need to know your method first, backtest it, repetitively practice the motions with small stakes, then look to compound returns. Try indetrader, there's a learning framework there.

Isn't the peak time spread technically 0.5 on the NYSE Euronext contract :sneaky:

yes tick size 0.5 points = £5. typical day trade margin = $1500 typical retail round turn commission = $2.50.

no bucket shop can match trading the market!

Thanks all for the brill info. Will look into indetrader and get that on my kindle. Any other good sources of info would be much appreciated. Have been going through books, studying charts and practising with live money with more than 50% success rate and controlled losses but always happy to pick up tips from you more experienced traders :)