Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hi fellas......
I'm a new member of the forum and want to introduce myself, but most of all to thank everyone and especially Bahir for the enormous generosity and help you've all shown one another and the new members who come along. I have learned so much from this thread. I began last June with $5000 trading the e-minis at optionxpress. My account is now at $4600. With the excessive commisions they charge and their very clumsy order entry process, coupled with my own learning curve it has been a struggle. Frankly I feel lucky to be down only $400 after 50-60 trades. I just recently opened an account with infinity (their DOM rocks) and found this forum. I hope with Bashir's help and the help of you great guys I can turn it around. Thanks for listening.

Mickey

Hello Bashir

Im sure the strategy has been tweeked since I last spoke to you? Would you mind please telling us what the latest strategy is for the manual version?

Thankyou
Newt24 (Greenboy)

same here:(

I was not aware of any problems with the room. I was there all day long cursing at
the marked for being an ass :LOL:

Its funnt how different results i got with two different settings. Trading 1 contract and i was up only 3 ticks. But trading 2 contracts i was up 110 ticks, now thats a big difference. The difference was that in many of the trades it goes down 15 or 20 ticks but then bounces back: With two contracts you sell 1 at +15 and then set your stop to breakeven +1. That way we got many +15 +0 trades.But with 1 contracts it was a living hell.

ANother things i suggest everyone, if you are on sim, disregard any results 10mins before news and 5 mins after. If you are live, you shoudld cover any open positions 10mins before any big news are hiting the market. And put it on live again when 5mins have passed. THis will make sure you dont get nailed on spikes.
Today we got nailed 2 times because of news. That was avoidable . If this was not sim but real cash, i would pay more attention to this. But since its SIM, i was letting it run for the sake of experiemnt.

There will be new changed to the program and a copy is on its way.
We will be trading 2 contracts from now one, trading 1 contracts just dont do it.
Program will start from 09:45 and not 09:40.This can be changed by the user itself.
There will be no trading from 11:20 until 13:10. As lunchtime is not a good time to trade. and these times are also changable from the user.

When marked goes +15 in favor we will sell half our position and move stop to +1.
We are also running a paraless version that takes profit at +10 and then move the stop to +1. We will see what works best, got 3 more days left before live trading.

Targets and stops will also be possible to be changed by the user, and its very simple.

Regards
Bashir N

Hi fellas......
I'm a new member of the forum and want to introduce myself, but most of all to thank everyone and especially Bahir for the enormous generosity and help you've all shown one another and the new members who come along. I have learned so much from this thread. I began last June with $5000 trading the e-minis at optionxpress. My account is now at $4600. With the excessive commisions they charge and their very clumsy order entry process, coupled with my own learning curve it has been a struggle. Frankly I feel lucky to be down only $400 after 50-60 trades. I just recently opened an account with infinity (their DOM rocks) and found this forum. I hope with Bashir's help and the help of you great guys I can turn it around. Thanks for listening.

Mickey

Welcome to the club m8 :cheesy:

If you want to be a part of the famouse mailing list:red_india ,let me know and i will add you, you will get a fresh copy of NAVIG AT. And news about updates and all other crapp ;)

Send me a email to [email protected] and i will add you to it.
I am glad to hear that you still have 90% of you account, most people dont last that long with just that few losses. Most blow up their account in no time. So if you managed 50-60 days and only lost 400 usd, then thats really really good.

I dont recommend you use the autotrader, as we are using now 2 contracts and you account size cant handle those kind of losses. But if you trade the manuall method i am sure you will do great.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Hello Bashir

Im sure the strategy has been tweeked since I last spoke to you? Would you mind please telling us what the latest strategy is for the manual version?

Thankyou
Newt24 (Greenboy)

Hi newt, i will post a new thread dedicated to manuall trading and with all the new updates for it.

I have just not gotten time to do that yett, girlfriend issues and programing issues have keept me busy.

I promise i will get it done soon.

Regards
Bashir N

Bashir, I have just knew that the new plataform my broker is using is done in dotnet, and not in easylanguage as was the prior plataform.

Do you think you could possibly convert it ot this language?

Regards

Jordao

Bashir, I have just knew that the new plataform my broker is using is done in dotnet, and not in easylanguage as was the prior plataform.

Do you think you could possibly convert it ot this language?

Regards

Jordao

I would need to know the name of the platform, cause i would need to open a trial account myself and build the version and test it out on it for any bugs. So its a time consuming work.

At the moment i have Ninja trader as the first priority and then tradestation, tradestation will be fast and east. But if you provide me with the platform name i can see what we can get done for it. Okey ;)

Regards
Bashir N

I would need to know the name of the platform, cause i would need to open a trial account myself and build the version and test it out on it for any bugs. So its a time consuming work.

At the moment i have Ninja trader as the first priority and then tradestation, tradestation will be fast and east. But if you provide me with the platform name i can see what we can get done for it. Okey ;)

Regards
Bashir N

The plataform is calle Desktop Trader Pro.

It can be downloaded only by the brokers clients, they don't have a trial.

It is a small program, so if you add me to your msn I can send you through it.

drjordao at hotmail dot com

Regards

Jordao

Good luck with the lady Bash!

Yes, your getting to be a VERY busy boy lately, just make sure you keep your priorities right :)
The year has just started, plenty of time.

Jordao, it would help if you tried putting the manual version into .Net for your app. Then get that source to Bashir , that way it's less work to change it to the autotrader. If you don't know .Net, you must know people who do?

Yes, your getting to be a VERY busy boy lately, just make sure you keep your priorities right :)
The year has just started, plenty of time.

Jordao, it would help if you tried putting the manual version into .Net for your app. Then get that source to Bashir , that way it's less work to change it to the autotrader. If you don't know .Net, you must know people who do?

Maybe you could help me on this... what exactly should I ask him? The code of the room version (the manual version)?

Maybe you could help me on this... what exactly should I ask him? The code of the room version (the manual version)?

Well, the room/manual version only has some excell code which you can find in the worksheet, but that is just a translation of the RULES that make up the manual trading strategy.
You should first understand what that strategy does, how it works. If you do, then you yourself can translate those rules to your own platform, like set up the charts and the ema's and macd's, then combine all those and define your entry and exit according to those indicators.
I would first try and see if you can get all charts and indicators up manually in your trade app, then write down the rules for entry/exit, and have someone with programming skills in dotNet put that in code.
Probably the app has examples of code already there as they seem to support dotNet

The plataform is calle Desktop Trader Pro.

It can be downloaded only by the brokers clients, they don't have a trial.

It is a small program, so if you add me to your msn I can send you through it.

drjordao at hotmail dot com

Regards

Jordao

Hi Jordao, i think Whillem's idea is a good one.
Its always good to understand a method fully before attempting to automate it .

But still, i have added you to my msn friendslist.

If its a small program, then just zip it down and send it to me. Would be easyer.

Regards
Bashir N

We will be working on a really cool future for the NAVIG.
There will be places where you can write times when there are report.
So when those times come, it will stop taking trades when news are out, and wait 5 mins :cheesy:

So in the future, you wake up, read where news are getting out. Then
put the times in the excel, and thats it. Tottaly handsfree :D

But after some more testing it looks like trading less the 2 contracts is not a good idea, cause scaling out is not possible.So from now one, i recommend everyone to trade either 2 contracts, or do it manually until they have at least a 10 000 usd account.

New update
New functions:

1:program start time can be changed by the user, its default at 09:45 now. (J47)
2:program end time can be changed by the user, its default at 15:45 now(J50)
3:program will stop taking trades after 11:20, this can also be changed by the user.(J48)
4:progam will start taking trades after 13:10, this can also be changed by the user.(J49)
5:program will scale out 1 contract at +15 , this can be changed by the user, the field is called second target.(J45)
6:progam have a field called first target that you can set to any number, if you set it to +10, it will move your stop to +1 when you +10 in favor.(J44)
If your second target is +15 and first target is also +15, then when you are +15 in favor it will sell half you position and take the stop from -20 to +1.
IF your second target is +15 and your first target is +10, then it will move your stop to +1 when you are +10 on favor. And when +15 is hit, it will scale out half the position.

Stop loss and daily loss limit is not something new, just mentioning it that it can also be changed by the user.
Daily loss limit is set to 120 ticks, and it will be trading 2 contracts.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi... any results about the new software Bashir?
does it make any trade today?

New version is up 72 ticks so far, still got 1 hour left.
THe old version is geting killed today.

New vesion will be sendt to everyone today.

Regards
Bashir N

Hi Bashir.
I got your email with some files. I have no clue how to set it for auto trading :(
Please help..
check your email..

Hi Bashir.
I got your email with some files. I have no clue how to set it for auto trading :(
Please help..
check your email..

I get many emails, can you tell me witch email you send your request with ?

Regards
Bashir N

New version is up 72 ticks so far, still got 1 hour left.
THe old version is geting killed today.

New vesion will be sendt to everyone today.

Regards
Bashir N

Hi Bashir .I did replay latest Navig (one that you send this morning) and got -27. 4 wins, 3 losses. Is this one olready old ? and you got +72 from diff. one ??
Vit