Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

That strange .My auto trader got minus -70 today. What version of Sierra charts are you using
Vit

I think everyone here are using V370 now, there was some issues with the older versions. As it would not cover at the rigth time, that might be the reason you are having loosing day.

I had a tottal of 2 stopout that gave me -20 and -20, and had almost another one but managed to get +10 first. So its fully possible that some of you got 3 stopouts, thats -20x3 = 60ticks. But even with that you should have made money today.

There was a good move on the morning,around 70+ ticks, and there are another good move at the end almost i think it was around 15:44 the trade was taken and that was another 50+ ticks. So i find this very strange.

To get consitante results, please dont start it mid day, as i have mentioed this many times. You might miss the good moves and only get the crapp later in the day. THink about it, you missed the morning session and you started it at the end of the good move thats where the chopp starts.

So start it at 09:40 and leave it at that, start and restart it all the time will just ofset the program.And i am also assuming that you dident pay attention to where price was when starting it, you could have started it at a top or a botttom, the rest of use could have allready be in a long trade, you enter and we exit. YOu get nailed and we get payed.

I have send everyone in the list a email about the new system and also mentioend that the issue with getting different results is something that will be imroved in the new system. As it will do all the hard work, and less chance of anyone screwing it up.

I can only imagine these possibilities:

1:You are not using version v370 of SC, as there was some problems with the old one.
2: Datafeed is slow from your broker, so that your fills are not good enough, and you have a hard time getting your +10,and then get stopped out.
3:You started it in mid day and dident pay attettion to the where price was,missed the good moves and got the crapp at mid day.
4:Some issue with IB, as i know some are getting some error messages,but if its on sim then itshould all be done with SC and should have nothing to do with !

Thats about it, cause no matter how i turn it around, i just can imagine getting so different results.Those of you who are getting very different results, wait for the new release, will be sendt out today or tomorow.

And btw, i am assuming that you are all using the new version.
The new version have these charts.
3min chart nothing.
10minchart with macd and stoch
2minchart with macd
89tick chart with slow stoch

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

:?:

Bashir,

I got 70 ticks but I started the program at around 10:30 am which mean I had already missed the big move ion the morning - so I can see the difference In mine and urs .
I dont cant see why some one would be negative:!:
I did not have any stops -
I have few random messages in my logs - like " order failed to filla nd stuff"
will share that with you guys.
Could It be that I use IB data in SC and its lil different or if we change the size of the chart area for stochs it will have different slopes.
I am just guessing right now.:!:

regards guru

Hi Guru, well there are allways some difference in tichcharts from each person, they are never the same.So one can be oversold while the otherone is still not there yett.This can be a possibility, but even with that, i cant see why anyone lost money yesterday.

Anyone who lost ticks yesterday, dide you take a note of where the trades where taken, i would need to take a look and see why it took those trades.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

That was realy strange to me too... yesterday I had 100 pts profit!

I have received your email now and noticed one thing: I have closed and reoppened SC 2 times this afternoon... this could be the reason for the bad results.

I will let the program run tomorrow and will take notes of all trades.

Regarding to the computer/connection, I have a QuadCore Q9550 / 4GB RAM 1066 in a P5Q-C Intel MB. My connection is a DSL cable modem 4MB.

I have installed the update and noticed a difference on the .scwbf file (sizes).

Thanks for your time again

Jordao

If you notice a diffeence in size to the .scwbf then its likely u where using a old one, when i send copy's to everyone. I expect everyone to copy BOTH files to the datafolder,and overwrite old ones.Mixing and matching will only cause errors.

Your pc and connection are more then good enough so that cant be a issue.,give it a try today and see how it does now.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Thanks Bashir!
Im trying to get better at manual trading. Once I can show profits for that I will use the auto as well. So I am no longer going to use my 3 min MACD to setup a trade manually. I will wait for my 10 min slow to show on my side as well as 2min MACD to cross to my side and enter on the retracement of my 89 tick or 1 min chart. Think I got it. Thanks! Still all 10 ema's?

HI
Was wondering if anyone here has been using Bashirs autotrader to trade on a spreadbetting account by trying to replicate the trades manually. Just a thought as i have only spread betted and not gone down the buying contract route before.
Thx in Advance
Andy

Also i see that some people are linking sierra charts to other platforms to trade. If i opened sierra charts could you add money to that account and trade from it or do you need to use a different brker to trade with.
apologies if this has been answered before but 161 pages take a bit of checking through again lol.
thx
Andy

Last edited:
Thanks Bashir!
Im trying to get better at manual trading. Once I can show profits for that I will use the auto as well. So I am no longer going to use my 3 min MACD to setup a trade manually. I will wait for my 10 min slow to show on my side as well as 2min MACD to cross to my side and enter on the retracement of my 89 tick or 1 min chart. Think I got it. Thanks! Still all 10 ema's?

Yes, still 10ema's

Regards
Bashir Naimy

ps: good way to do it btw

HI
Was wondering if anyone here has been using Bashirs autotrader to trade on a spreadbetting account by trying to replicate the trades manually. Just a thought as i have only spread betted and not gone down the buying contract route before.
Thx in Advance
Andy

Also i see that some people are linking sierra charts to other platforms to trade. If i opened sierra charts could you add money to that account and trade from it or do you need to use a different brker to trade with.
apologies if this has been answered before but 161 pages take a bit of checking through again lol.
thx
Andy

I dont think its possile to link sierra to other brokers then the oness they support.

Check their site for the brokers and pltforms they support at
Sierra Chart - Financial Market Charting and Trading Software

Regards
BashirN

Thanks Bashir for all you hard work and sharing your strategy with us.

Wishing everybody who has replied to this thread a Happy New Year and a Prosperous New Year as well.

Take care

Last edited:
hi Bashir,
Apologies for my unclear previous question what i meant was if i download SC do i then need to open an account with one of their supported brokers or do you just deposit money with SC to trade straight out of their system.(lol if thats any clearer)

hi Bashir,
Apologies for my unclear previous question what i meant was if i download SC do i then need to open an account with one of their supported brokers or do you just deposit money with SC to trade straight out of their system.(lol if thats any clearer)

Maybe i can answer this one for you :)

SC is not a broker, it''s just a chartingpackage, they have certain agreements with a couple of brokers listed on there website so you can get the data from and trade with SC but your orders will be executed by the platform you have your money on. You can also have data from SC but ONLY there DATA no trading live with SC
Hope it helps.
Cheers

Maybe i can answer this one for you :)

SC is not a broker, it''s just a chartingpackage, they have certain agreements with a couple of brokers listed on there website so you can get the data from and trade with SC but your orders will be executed by the platform you have your money on. You can also have data from SC but ONLY there DATA no trading live with SC
Hope it helps.
Cheers

Nice one Bapovs thx
I currnetly use finspreads where i have charts and i also trade straight from their platform so wondered if sc was the same sort of set up but thats answered my question. Im just downloading SC now.
thx again
Andy

Bashir,
Thank you for sharing your strategie. Thank you for your patience and genorousity.
Happy and healthy new year to you and to all the wonderful people contributing and reading this thread!
Urs

Happy New Year to all on this thread and especially Bashir, thanks for all your work.

Happy new year to all !!!
Dont drink and Drive, unless you r driving a >

Njoy,
Guru

Attachments

• H cart.jpg
    H cart.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Hi all . Infinity brokers tolled me that Transat does not allows chart trading, no way thay tolled me. I did call IB and they tolled me that I can link Sierra chart to trade station and trade off chart. Only problem their margin ^6500 $$ for 1 YM.
Any IB users can confirm chart trading .
Thanks.
Vit

Hi all . Infinity brokers tolled me that Transat does not allows chart trading, no way thay tolled me. I did call IB and they tolled me that I can link Sierra chart to trade station and trade off chart. Only problem their margin ^6500 $$ for 1 YM.
Any IB users can confirm chart trading .
Thanks.
Vit

Dont take no for a answer, its fully possible to to trade with the automated system.
Trading from charts, is something else, thats more like a curser and you click at a place in the chart and it buys or sells.

So call them again and this time explain in more detalje what you are trying to do,exlpain that you have build a automatic trader and thats what you need to activate.
ANd tell them that if they dont wanna do it, then you will change to someone who does that,period. And dont mention my name :cheesy:

Regards
Bashir Naimy

:cheers::cheers:Happy new year everyone :cheers::cheers:

Dont take no for a answer, its fully possible to to trade with the automated system.
Trading from charts, is something else, thats more like a curser and you click at a place in the chart and it buys or sells.

So call them again and this time explain in more detalje what you are trying to do,exlpain that you have build a automatic trader and thats what you need to activate.
ANd tell them that if they dont wanna do it, then you will change to someone who does that,period. And dont mention my name :cheesy:

Regards
Bashir Naimy

:cheers::cheers:Happy new year everyone :cheers::cheers:

Thanks Bashir . Happy New Year.

For anyone who wants to or needs to enable live autotrader with sierra and you have a transact account, then contact transact and they will enable that funtion for you.
As infinity are being really paranoid about it, just call transact and they will fix it in 2mins for you.

Their support site is here, just have your account number ready:
TransAct - Contact TransAct Futures

I have also requested sierra to look into the possibility to enable trading with tradestation and ninjatrader. I talked to your business side about how many customers they could get from those platforms. So i am crossing my fingers and see what they say.
Who knows, maybe they will do it :)

Worste case scenario, we have a ninja trader ready now, we will give a few days of testing and see how reliable it is and how it works in comparison against sierra.When its ready it will released for those who show interest.

I will send everyone a copy of NAVIG to everyone tomorow,and this version will work until the end of January, new files will be sendt out each month. I recommend everyone to use it on SIM the first week at least.
I know some of you are eager to make money, but take it slow and you will be glad you dide, as you need to build confidence in using it.

I will also send a pdf with how and what to do, and all normal questions that people usualy ask about.

Now go party hard :red_india:medieval::drunk:

Regards
Bashir N

Good morning and a blessed and happy new year to everyone! Very special thanks to you Bashir, for making that all available to us!!!

Btw., has anyone an idea how to fix that problem?

Software version: 360 - 2009-01-01 11:34:12
Usage end date: 2009-01-12. Current service package: 7 - 2009-01-01 11:34:12
Active service: TransAct - 2009-01-01 11:34:12
Time zone: +0:00:00 (UTC+00) - 2009-01-01 11:34:12
Program path: C:\SierraChart\ - 2009-01-01 11:34:12
Data Files path: C:\SierraChart\Data - 2009-01-01 11:34:12
OS Version Number: 6.0 - 2009-01-01 11:34:12

Connecting to TransAct... - 2009-01-01 11:34:12
WARNING: The connection to the trade server failed. Trading functionality from within TransAct Charts is not available. - 2009-01-01 11:34:16
Connected to TransAct. - 2009-01-01 11:34:18
Unable to read newer chartbook file format. You can access your older chartbooks by selecting File >> Open Chartbook >> Files of Type >> Backup Chartbook Files. Or you can upgrade TransAct Charts. - 2009-01-01 11:34:26

As you can see, I use already the latest version.

Much thanks in advance!
saico