Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

I dont think so Jordao, at least i have not found anything like that in SC.
Maybe someone else knows?

Regards
Bashir N

Hi,

I also took a look, but it's not there unfortunately. If you trade through your broker with the SIM account then the're are some possibilities...
(make sure you are in the SIMULATION MODE)

Regards,

~Sebastian

Hi Bashir,
This morning at around 11:15 EST you entered a long.
My 1 min slow stoch was over bought along with the 10 and 30min. The only indication I saw line up was the 3 min slow and macd.
It was a great trade, what was I missing. I am trading SPY.

Sometimes my 2m stochast+macd are already down or long and then get joined by 10m stoch. Is that a trigger as well?

Just got a short trigger here.

Attachments

• Short trigger.gif
    Short trigger.gif
    68.2 KB · Views: 237
Hi Bashir,
This morning at around 11:15 EST you entered a long.
My 1 min slow stoch was over bought along with the 10 and 30min. The only indication I saw line up was the 3 min slow and macd.
It was a great trade, what was I missing. I am trading SPY.

I am not using the manuall method Travis, its all fully automated, so thats why you are not getting into that trade.I am using a autotrader, the room is using the autotrader called room. If you want a copy send me a email to [email protected]

But only use it as SIM, new version will be sendt out shortly, and that one will be much better.So SIM only with this version please.

You are not supposed to use a stochastics on the 2min chart, only macd and thats it.
ANd you dont need to have the macd on the 3min anymore either, the 2min macd will take care of that funktion.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Sometimes my 2m stochast+macd are already down or long and then get joined by 10m stoch. Is that a trigger as well?

Just got a short trigger here.

I dont use 2min stochastics, use ONLY macd on the 2min and nothing else.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Just wondering:

1) In Demo Mode in Sierra - how do you close out a position manually? (ie, not using the Infinity Program)

2) If I closed out a position manually, does the autotrader still think that a trade is open and try to close it out for me later, or does it have the smarts to know the position it opened is now closed?

Just wondering:

1) In Demo Mode in Sierra - how do you close out a position manually? (ie, not using the Infinity Program)

2) If I closed out a position manually, does the autotrader still think that a trade is open and try to close it out for me later, or does it have the smarts to know the position it opened is now closed?

1:Go to : Trade -> Open Trade/settings window
In this window you can flatten your position if its long or short.

2:The autotrader is smart enough to understand that and will know that the position was closed.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

So for a trigger the 2 min macd needs to join the 10 min stochastic now? Thats it?

You are confussing the autotrader with the manuall method,the trades u see in the room are all automated.
THe autotrader works in a tottaly different way, so dont look at trades it does(unless u are also using the autotrader), as it will alof the times be agains the manuall rules. I havent traded manually for quite some time now, so all trades i do in the room is all automated.

Your trigger for manuall is when 10min stoch and 3min stoch is going up and the 2min macd is also crossing up.The rest is the same.Try buying the retracements are there are always retracements, so if i go long with the autotrader, try looking for retracements. So if i say Long 8500 then start looking for a entry on the 89tick or the 1min chart, and see if you can get a better price, ususaly you can get a better entry then me.

If you want to understand the workings of the autotrader, then ask for a copy, will give you a better idea and u dont have to wait for me to say i am long or short. And you can react quicker and get into the trade manually using your normal charts.

WIth kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Thanks for making this clear, Bashir! I got already the autotrader and will wait for the final version.

Saico

I am not using the manuall method Travis, its all fully automated, so thats why you are not getting into that trade.I am using a autotrader, the room is using the autotrader called room. If you want a copy send me a email to [email protected]

But only use it as SIM, new version will be sendt out shortly, and that one will be much better.So SIM only with this version please.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

Today was the 3rd day for the "room" auto trader and it was again +ve with 70 ticks while I was at work.:whistling I am so tempted to flip the switch to live lol
I will wait for the main program I guess and keep testing this until then.:sneaky:

One question tho - I have about 25K in a/c - what should be my contract size 2 or 4 ?

Best wishes and Thanks

Guru

Bashir,

Today was the 3rd day for the "room" auto trader and it was again +ve with 70 ticks while I was at work.:whistling I am so tempted to flip the switch to live lol
I will wait for the main program I guess and keep testing this until then.:sneaky:

One question tho - I have about 25K in a/c - what should be my contract size 2 or 4 ?

Best wishes and Thanks

Guru

2 Contracts, when you increase you account to 40k then use 4. I would then suggest that when double it again to 80k then dont increase car size,cause now u are only risking 0.5% pr trade with 4 cars. WHen it goes to 160k then use 8 cars, i personly would then not increase size and still use 4 and now risk is 0.25%.Now after this level of risk , then every time youdouble again just double car size. or just increase by 1 and 1 car as long as the % risk is 0.25%. I know its a long way of doing it this way, but you will be happy you dide it this way.

You can then take 4 stops in a row and still it will be only 1 % :cheesy:

With kind regards
Bashir naimy

Hi Bashir,

I was looking at the trades done today. Got +4/+13/-20/-22/0

Even with some little differences, we agreeded that everyone should enter in the same trades.

What do you think that could possibly make some people not entering the trades and the so different results?

Regards

Jordao

Hi Bashir,

I was looking at the trades done today. Got +4/+13/-20/-22/0

Even with some little differences, we agreeded that everyone should enter in the same trades.

What do you think that could possibly make some people not entering the trades and the so different results?

Regards

Jordao

Hmm, your results seem to be way of Jordeo.
I dont have a good answer to that, cause i got a tottal of 104 ticks today only trading 1 contract and this not included the scalper trades. So there is something wrong, i will send you a new copy in your email and try using it,there must be something seriouse wrong with your version.From the results i see it looks like you must be using some other older system ?

I had 2 stopouts today and still made some good money, tell me where you when long and at what price, i need spesifics, so i can see what happend.

What kind of internett connection do you have Jordao?
When dide you start it and when dide you close it ?(the program)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I dont have a good answer to that, cause i got a tottal of 104 ticks today only trading 1 contract and this not included the scalper trades. So there is something wrong, i will send you a new copy in your email and try using it,there must be something seriouse wrong with your version.From the results i see it looks like you must be using some other older system ?

I had 2 stopouts today and still made some good money, tell me where you when long and at what price, i need spesifics, so i can see what happend.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

That was realy strange to me too... yesterday I had 100 pts profit!

I have received your email now and noticed one thing: I have closed and reoppened SC 2 times this afternoon... this could be the reason for the bad results.

I will let the program run tomorrow and will take notes of all trades.

Regarding to the computer/connection, I have a QuadCore Q9550 / 4GB RAM 1066 in a P5Q-C Intel MB. My connection is a DSL cable modem 4MB.

I have installed the update and noticed a difference on the .scwbf file (sizes).

Thanks for your time again

Jordao

[2:The autotrader is smart enough to understand that and will know that the position was closed.

Regards
Bashir Naimy[/QUOTE]

Bashir what minimum account you recommend to go live with new AT.
Thanks
Vit

Bashir,

Best wishes and Thanks

Guru

That strange .My auto trader got minus -70 today. What version of Sierra charts are you using
Vit

:?:

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

I got 70 ticks but I started the program at around 10:30 am which mean I had already missed the big move ion the morning - so I can see the difference In mine and urs .
I dont cant see why some one would be negative:!:
I did not have any stops -
I have few random messages in my logs - like " order failed to filla nd stuff"
will share that with you guys.
Could It be that I use IB data in SC and its lil different or if we change the size of the chart area for stochs it will have different slopes.
I am just guessing right now.:!:

regards guru

[2:The autotrader is smart enough to understand that and will know that the position was closed.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir what minimum account you recommend to go live with new AT.
Thanks
Vit[/QUOTE]

I would recommend 10k as a good start,anything below would be pushing it.
And just start with 1 contracst, so your risk is only 1 % pr trade.

Regards
Bashir Naimy