Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Nice going Bas.
How's Peet doing?

Hi Lee,

I really don't know. The last time i spoke to him he was finetuning his tradingstyle. I basically gave up the stocktrading (breakouts/breakdowns). I lost my edge on that one and saw that there are some other oppertunities that could match my tradingstyle. This is one of them. I'm going to trade as of January in a dealingroom because the loneliness is killing me, trying to get my edge back.
How are you doing lately? Still trading the breakout strategy on equities?
When are you coming to Amsterdam to pay us a visit?

Regards,

Sebastian

Last edited:
doing great mate, playing reversals off gap plays, cup and handles, triangles, and breakouts before they break. Glad you're doing well, should see you in the new year. Have a great Xmas, and give my regards to peet and DVD.

Hi Bashir,

I recall the MACD was originally used in the 3min chart to assist you in timing your trade exit (as per the last set of rules). In the chat room you mentioned to put it with the 2min chart because it works best there. Does the MACD on the 2min still serve the same function helping you time your exit?

doing great mate, playing reversals off gap plays, cup and handles, triangles, and breakouts before they break. Glad you're doing well, should see you in the new year. Have a great Xmas, and give my regards to peet and DVD.

I will do that Lee...
See you next year and ill give your regards to the traders...
Wish you all the best...

cheers m8.

Hi Bashir,

I recall the MACD was originally used in the 3min chart to assist you in timing your trade exit (as per the last set of rules). In the chat room you mentioned to put it with the 2min chart because it works best there. Does the MACD on the 2min still serve the same function helping you time your exit?

YES ;)

Maybe you guys dont want to see it but i was so proud this morning because of my trades.
I wanted to share them.:cheesy::innocent:

Thanks to Bashir...

great stuff

Very good stuff sebastian, just keep it up and u will do great (y)

Today was pretty good , there was a little period at theend that was really choppy, dident get chopped up as i put in some new measures to stop me from going short at the bottoms and long at the tops. Will be intersteing to do another week of live testing.

Last week i was up: 1650 ticks.(crazy moves all over the place)
This week : 721 ticks(choppy and difficult week to trade)
Next week : We will see :eek:

All trade are done with 2 contracts at the moment.

You all have a wonderfull weekend, and get recharged for the coming week.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I've got a question about a trade that most of you in the chat room made on Thursday. Now, I know what Bashir is going to say ("My auto-system did it, not me!"), but for those of us following the latest posted system here on the forum, what prompted you to take the long @ around 9:45-9:46 or so? Everything looks good except the price is not above the 10 or 30min 10ema. I just want to confirm that this is because the ema line is more than 40 ticks away. Is this correct?

Thanks!

As per the rules to the current system:

"What you need is the following:

1: 1minchart with 10ema + Normal slow stochastics
2: 3minchart with 10ema + Normal slow stochastics+Normal Macd with 12,26,4 settings
3: 10minchart with 10ema+Normal slow stochastics
4: 30minchart with 10ema+Normal slow stochastics

Rules that never can be broken :

1:Always have the 3min on your side and the macd on yourside, it needs to be going up
when thinking long and needs to be going down when short.

2:Always have the 10min on your side ALWAYSSSS
3:And prefer having the 30min on your side, if 30min is on your side then go normal or many contracts. If you its against you, go normal and dont expect the move to have more then 2 trades in it."

Given that you use the MACD on a 2min chart instead of 3min chart now, should we replace the 3min chart with the 2min chart or just add an additional 2min chart with MACD?

Does the MACD on the 2min chart need to be going up to go long as it was required when it was used in the 3min chart together with the 3min stochastis?

Very good stuff sebastian, just keep it up and u will do great (y)

Today was pretty good , there was a little period at theend that was really choppy, dident get chopped up as i put in some new measures to stop me from going short at the bottoms and long at the tops. Will be intersteing to do another week of live testing.

Last week i was up: 1650 ticks.(crazy moves all over the place)
This week : 721 ticks(choppy and difficult week to trade)
Next week : We will see :eek:

All trade are done with 2 contracts at the moment.

You all have a wonderfull weekend, and get recharged for the coming week.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

WOW:cool:

That's not so bad either man.
Yes, you had a couple of entries in your automated stsyem that took highs of trends lows/highs etc. If your reprogramming works, you'll do even better...:clap:

Thanks again for your support...:smart:

Regards,

Sebastian

I've got a question about a trade that most of you in the chat room made on Thursday. Now, I know what Bashir is going to say ("My auto-system did it, not me!"), but for those of us following the latest posted system here on the forum, what prompted you to take the long @ around 9:45-9:46 or so? Everything looks good except the price is not above the 10 or 30min 10ema. I just want to confirm that this is because the ema line is more than 40 ticks away. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Well, since i seem to be hiting some of those big runs, i think it might be tempting for people in the room to actualy follow up on that. So if i go long and im saying, wow this looks good, i would not be suprissed that some actualy buy at that same level. Usualy it works out pretty well.

But if they wanted to play it safe, they would wait for everything to be in the green,i guess some are not
doing that.

You would need to ask those who tok the trade to get a good answer, as i know this is not a question to me.
And yes my AUTOTRADER TOOK IT,NOT ME :D

With kind regarsd
Bashir Naimy

Last edited:
As per the rules to the current system:

"What you need is the following:

1: 1minchart with 10ema + Normal slow stochastics
2: 3minchart with 10ema + Normal slow stochastics+Normal Macd with 12,26,4 settings
3: 10minchart with 10ema+Normal slow stochastics
4: 30minchart with 10ema+Normal slow stochastics

Rules that never can be broken :

1:Always have the 3min on your side and the macd on yourside, it needs to be going up
when thinking long and needs to be going down when short.

2:Always have the 10min on your side ALWAYSSSS
3:And prefer having the 30min on your side, if 30min is on your side then go normal or many contracts. If you its against you, go normal and dont expect the move to have more then 2 trades in it."

Given that you use the MACD on a 2min chart instead of 3min chart now, should we replace the 3min chart with the 2min chart or just add an additional 2min chart with MACD?

Does the MACD on the 2min chart need to be going up to go long as it was required when it was used in the 3min chart together with the 3min stochastis?

You still need the 3min chart, but not the macd on it, so remove the macd on the 3minchart and instead add an additionel 2min chart on the side, and add a macd to it.

2min charts funktion with the macd is to give your entry, exit is more fluid, u can also use it for exit, but u will give away alot of the move if you use it.

I will talk to you about this on monday as we talked about on the email santana:idea:

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

thanks vyralsurfer, coz I want to make sure Im doing it right

I'm kind of curious to see what Bashir says about that myself...

Through my backtesting, I've noticed that if a stochastic is pointing up, even though the lines are just BARELY crossing (but the numbers do show that the %K > %D) it's a go signal for that chart. I've only tested this for the past few weeks, so you may want to make absolutely sure and possibly test it back further to make sure this is always the case (well, almost always, there is always an exception or two!).

Just throwing my 2 cents into a 119 page thread :p

Thanks alot Bashir for the explanation.
I think I have to study eyeballing this stochastic thing

Kind regards,
Joseph

When i say that the lines are crossed, i want to see them crossed and have some spacing, by spacing i dont have a fixed rule .I just eyeball it, if i have a hard time seeing any spacing i will not take trade, but i clearly see a spacing betwen the lines that ok with me . I dont wait for the lines to be pointing in th direction of my trade. That will make you give away to much of the move, but then again, its all up to how comfy u are with that.And if the lines are flatt and basicly glued to eachother i dont take the trade, just wait for some spacing.

So no clear rules on that, just something i have overtime come to just evaluate as the day progresses.But you can add aditional rules to that if you well comfy that, that would not be a bad idea.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hey guys.trust you are well

Have tried to find the Paltalk room but cant.........Bashirs Trading does not appear to be listed under Day traders/Stocks and bonds. I have Paltalk Scene downloaded.....I take it that is the same as Paltalk.

Have had an interesting experience going live after trading a simulation account with a forex broker. Real platform was completely different. I traded for an hour and closed the account.Am now changing broker to a ECN direct access broker. Come to the conclusion that vast majority of forex brokers dont offer ECN/Direct access to true interbank rates and are effectively bandits. So if anyone thinking of using Bashirs methods doing currency pairs beware who you open an account with. Opened an account with IB yeserday and will use SC

Am tempted to come back to YM and have a look at your 10ema strat Bashir although i have become quite fond of two or three of my favorite currency pairs.

Hope to speak to some of you in the Chat room soon

Shay

By the way Bashir do you know if Infinity offer a ECN/Direct access service for forex or do they have their own trading platform between you and the Interbank market.

Shay

By the way Bashir do you know if Infinity offer a ECN/Direct access service for forex or do they have their own trading platform between you and the Interbank market.

Shay

I dont have a clue m8, i would need to ask them.
I know they have currencys, but i dont know if they have currency pairs as well!

If you know then let me know, cause i would love to trade forex aswell :D

Hope to see you soon in the room, the room is not always open, at least not for me when its very late here.

With kind regards
bashir naimy

I am sure they will have currency pairs.....but if they dont offer you ECN access forget it.

I mean would you use them as a broker if they offered their own YM market prices (which differed by several pips from reality) rather than letting you see the true market and quoting those prices.

No one in their right mind would touch any broker operating like with a barge pole so apply the same principle to forex.

Trend

Hi Bashir,

Thanks a million for you kindness and willingness to share your wisdom...

It may sound to be a very stupid question, pardon me...

but can you clarify how do you determine the market direction on the 10 and 30min

charts? I mean if i understood right the 20 MA does not play a crucial role in this timeframes the 10 and 30?

and you are more reliant on the direction the stochs are pointing?

Thankful and Grateful

Raffy :)

Last edited: