Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hello Bashir , thank you for sharing your strategy , I have a question that might sound dumb , but my charting software does not give me 144 ticks charts only minutes is there a way to substitute the minutes or is the tick chart very important ?
Thanks in advance :)
Sonia

Hi Soumi, glad to hear that you like this method. Since you cant use a tick chart i recomend you instead use a 1min chart with 89exponentiol moving average and a 15exponential moving average.

I addid this 1min chart to my methos also, i found it to be even more accurate then the 144tick chart, i still use 144tick but together with 1min chart. The 1min chart with 89exponentila moving average contain the price very well, and whenever it gets broken with some volume, u usualy see a change in marked direction, and u can easly get around +50 ticks in the first run up.Check the 1min chart out with the 89expon ma and u will see how well it contains the price and when it breaks it catches speed and pushes up.

But the method is still the same, whenever u see price crossing the 1min 89ma then make sure u also are above (if long) the 144tick 89ma. The good thing is that usualy the 144tick chart 89ma is always behind the 1min 89ma and it works as support whenever u take the break the 1min 89ma. And its a good place to set stop right under the 144tick 89ma line.

If this is confussing please ask and i will try to asnwer as best as i can .

WIth kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Great series of posts Bashir.

Have you tried to automate this system?

Hey MrGecko, i have not tryed to automate this method but i am very confident that this is something that could work very well if automated, i am trying to automate this with sierracharts.but i am just learning how to and its very difficult, even with my programing background with java. I guess i need to put more time into it.

The rules are pretty simple and the rules dont need a human to interp, cause either it is or not. Its actualy pretty interesting cause if automated it would have the a 90% hit rate . But wont know until i backtest it,i will look into and see if i can find someone who can help me getting this programed, and backtest this with 3 years or data and see how the results are . If this works, i will open a seperate account that this can be traded with.And another that i trade myself.

Thanks for the idea Mrgecko, i had really put that idea in the shelf cause of the time it takes to progrma it, time to dust it of and see where we get with it.

Ill keep u guys informed if i get this to work :)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Last edited:
Thanks Bashir for your quick response , I will give it a try tomorrow fisrt thing in themorning and follow up with any profits I make hopefully no losses lol !!
Kind Regards,
Sonia

Been a good day today, tottal of 6 trades and 6 of 6 was 100% gains.
Gain pr trade was 425 - 15usd(commision).with the new profit targets + +15 +25 +45. since marked is volotile., will lower this when markeds gets back to normal,whenever that might be.

Just wanted to share, not everyday i have 6 trades in one day.Usualy 3.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Had a tottal of 4 possible trade and all of them where winners with big gains. Its a shame i dident take them at all, the marked is so volatile that i am not comfertable with taking 70-100 tick stopsloss. Hopefully the marked will calm down, this is just crazy.

Hey again gents and girls, i will on monday try to make a video of my trading session while i am trading and hopefully show how i am really using this method to trade. I will post the link here after i have uploaded it to youtube.

I just found something really interesting, i checkd the charts back 8 months, and the method have never been stopped once, if you follow the rules that is :D Anyways, will give you all more info when i can automate it and see the results over a long period of time.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy.

Hey again gents and girls, i will on monday try to make a video of my trading session while i am trading and hopefully show how i am really using this method to trade. I will post the link here after i have uploaded it to youtube.

I just found something really interesting, i checkd the charts back 8 months, and the method have never been stopped once, if you follow the rules that is :D Anyways, will give you all more info when i can automate it and see the results over a long period of time.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy.

Very kind of you Bashir. Look forward to it.
Eight month winning record? Very impressive.

Bashir,

when awaiting for confirmation from MACD, do you consider it important where the lines cross - ie - does a buy signal have to be in negative territory, and a sell in positive?

Cheers,
UTB

Bashir,

when awaiting for confirmation from MACD, do you consider it important where the lines cross - ie - does a buy signal have to be in negative territory, and a sell in positive?

Cheers,
UTB

Hi blades, where the macd crosses is nothing i dont give any thoughs to, i just go long or short whenever it crosses, no matter if its above the 0-line or below. The thing is that, buy the time the price crosses the 144tick chart 90expon ma or the 1min 89epxon ma, the macd is allready crosses and showing a nice move up, if i am very sure that the marked is heading up i will sometimes go long or short with a very light position and buy or short before the price crosses 89expon ma.And when it does crosses the ma i add more contracts, by that time i have allready a solid profit on the first long or short .
But when you want to go long or short before price have crosssed the 89expon ma, then i always wait for the macd to cross and then do my longs or shorts.

I try not to predict the movment to much, but sometimes everything is alligned very early and everything tells me to go long.

Hope this answers ur question? Just ask if there is something unclear.

Best of wished you Blades in your trading :)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi blades, here is a picture of how the trade would have worked on the friday that just passed with huge volatility. Hope this clears things alittle.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Attachments

• Method2.jpg
    Method2.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 2,016
Hi blades, here is a picture of how the trade would have worked on the friday that just passed with huge volatility. Hope this clears things alittle.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

do you have a requirement for the crossing of the stochs eg, the current bar has to close to confirm the cross, as in the above example the time the different time frames cross is very close?

also during these time of increased volatility do you not find that the 144 tick is to fast to fit in with the other time frames?

looks like a good system though and well done with your consistent trading.

cheers

bd

Bashir,

do you have a requirement for the crossing of the stochs eg, the current bar has to close to confirm the cross, as in the above example the time the different time frames cross is very close?

also during these time of increased volatility do you not find that the 144 tick is to fast to fit in with the other time frames?

looks like a good system though and well done with your consistent trading.

cheers

bd

Hi Brutusdag, what i require is that the 10min stoch is showing a cross and kinda starting to hook back up, when it comes to the 3min stoch, i just wait for it to cross, it dont need to show me a very clear hooking up, reason is that the bigger timeframe that is the 10min, and if that is up then it will force the 3min to go up, and thats true almost 100% ofthe time in my case.

When it comes to the price and the bar have to close above the 89expon, i dont find that any helpfull, cause when 10min is with me and 3min is with me, it Always goes above , and if not on the first trye then defenitly on the second, u could do it the other way and wait for it to close above , but then u will get a bad fill and sometimes marked just shoots up and u are left behind, and since i only have 3-4 trades a day i cant let that happen.

WHen it come to the 144tick chart, i mainly now use it for a place to put my stop when going long or short, thing is that most of the time the 144tick 89expon ma is lagging behind the 1min 89expon ma, before a big move and when price does cross the 1min 89expon ma i put my stop a few ticks below the 144tick chart 89expon ma. If the 1min 89expon wont hold then usualy the 144ick chart 89expon holds.

But its not always that way, some rare occasion the 144tick chart 89expon ma is above the 1min 89expon ma, when that happens i just put my stop below the last swing low, if stop is to high , i will not take that trade.

So i dont use the 144tick for my main entry signal, but use it to get into the marked at lowers possible price, and then i use the 144tick chart 89expon as a place where i can have my stops at.The other thing i want to stress is that, i dont really ues the 144tick chart slow stoch that much, the madc is the thing that gives me the smooth moves and when to enter and when to get out. slow stoch can cycle severel times while macd still pushing up, cause stoch can be overbought and oversold for a long period of time.

Hope this clears things brutus, please ask if there is anything else u are wondering about .(y)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

ps: I noticed ur avatar, u are from norway right ?

Just wanted to add 1 more thing,i know that markeds are very volatile, but that is when the macd on the tick chart workds perfectly, but i would not use the macd on a 3min or other largertimeframes, cause then u would get a very high lagg. So with a tich chart macd is very reilable, u should test it out and see how that works. Even in the example pic, u can see how reliable the macd on the 1min is, its just a matter of sticking to it and having the larger timeframes on your side. Otherwise the benefit on the upside will be low and downside risk higher.

Bashir,

Ever considered trading the ym but on european hours? Any drawbacks?

Cheers,
UTB

Bnaimy...

Sorry if I missed it, but you make no reference to the paramters used in the MACD, I did not see you mention it nor was it in any of your charts. What are the numbers you use on the 144 tick chart? Also it seems your system is highly discretionary. Thanks.

Last edited:
Bashir,

Ever considered trading the ym but on european hours? Any drawbacks?

Cheers,
UTB

Hi blades,actualy its no problem doing that i was actualy thinking of this today. Since my working hours would be so much better.There are no drawbacks but there are needs for a few changes. The method itself would be the same, only thing is in premarked trading the volum is low and fills can get bad, so i would always use limit buys and limit shorts to get best possible fills. Other thing is that profit targets have get smaller, if u have two contracts then instead of 15 +35 u can use 10+20. Reason is that movments are not that larget in premarked,and stoploss should be put to 20 instead of the normal 30.Reason, not that big movments so stoploss can be tighter, and last reason for lower stops is moneymanagment, u dont want to risk to much to gain little profts.

I will actualy start trading the premarked from tomorow and see how that works out , im still working on trying to automate my method, still a work in progress, will post more info as soon as i get it.

Happy trading blades, and good night :D

With regards
Bashir Naimy