Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Bit of a rethorical question this. As i've gone live, the inevitable event of a stopout still scares me.
It should wear, i know ;-)
Thing is, i can't decide if i should trade 1 or 2 cars. It's all a matter of moneymanagement of course.
I've tried working it out in a spreadsheet.

Minimum profit is where the stop is put and profit is made when price never makes next target.
Trailing stop moves up to 8,16, 24 every 8 ticks price moves up.
So with 1 car, if price hits +16, TS is moved to +8, if i then get stopped out profit is 8 ticks....

Right now i do 1 car, 8tick stoploss, move the stop to B/E meaning +1. Taking the commission of 4,40 per car into account, i don't see much improvement in risk/reward when going to 2 cars.
Comments anyone?

1or2cars.jpg

William,

The way i see this is that , after scalping the first car - 2nd car with a BE stop acts as a NEW trade for me with better risk and reward. I can let it work through few retracements, as long as the main trend keeps going on 3/5 min charts.
Personally, I use trailing stops as well and never been able to be in a trade more than 2/3 minutes, I think. I see it as a weakness. I now want to explore the support and resistance phenomena. let my trades run towards a resistance point with hard stops that I move according to the price action.
A stop out on 2 cars sure scares me and thats why I use 15-12 tick stops (based on the ATR on 144T chart). risk and reward stays bad until the 1st car is scalped. I usually scalp it around 6-7 ticks (half of the ATR - giving it high probability) and move the stop to few ticks below entry.
I welcome if experienced traders can comment on this. I think I do this because I am new to the game and get chickened out very soon.

hope this helps
Guru

[...]

Right now i do 1 car, 8tick stoploss, move the stop to B/E meaning +1. Taking the commission of 4,40 per car into account, i don't see much improvement in risk/reward when going to 2 cars.
Comments anyone?

1or2cars.jpg

I also asked that question myself for a while. i know Bashir has explained this in post #486, but i think i first had to do some trades before i fully understand it (right now, i'm only still learning). At least, i am hoping that it will be fully clear to me then ;)

As i understand for now, it seems that you will get the target of +10 usually very fast, so despite your initial risk is 2 cars, it eventually will be more profitable, because it reduces the chances that you stopped out with a loss. But again, i should try this out first to have it visualized.

I also asked myself if it could be more profitable using a sort of 'progressive' trailing stop, which initially moves slow, but moves to the top faster as price is going up more..

Last edited:
Bashir,

Thanks for all the interesting posts on this forum unfortunately i've only been member here for 2 weeks so going through all 223 posts on this forum is a little tedious.

I kind of understand your system but am not confident enough to set it up or try it at the moment i'm trading on stock using metastock eod and using Rahul Mohindar's Automated Trend Modules that seems to be quite good but would rather try day trading like the system you use.

I am currently studying as much as i can in technical analyis as i am looking at taking this up full time.

My questions are and i'm sorry if this may have already been answered however like i said earlier 223 pages is alot to get through. Has anyone tried this system on stocks as i believe i could probably configure meta stock to produce these charts and secondly can anyone suggest any books sites videos etc where i can get more info on how to apply bashirs system.

Again thanks for the posts if you do ever develop an automated system for this i would be most interested in purchasing as i currently work as a diver and trading underwater is a system i am fairly certain has not been developed.

All the best any and thanks in advance for any tips.

James

James, i would advice you to read a basic book about TA first (if still needed), such as 'Trading for a living' from Alexander Elder, especially the part which explains the indicators (that will give you an advantage when things here get too technical), and then i would suggest do reading this topic, so you will be familiar with the progress of Bashir's system to what it has evolved now (and most important: why).

I am reading all the posts of this topic for the 4th time now (now trying to make a sort of synopsis), and believe me, it's fully worth taking the effort to do this, because then you also will learn some practical (and actual) issues you won't find in most study books (or maybe i'm just too stupid, that's also possible) ;)

Hi Folks (and especially Bashir! :clap:), first post here so please be gentle :D

I've attached a screenshot from today, for Lloyds (LLOY-L). I notice the price is meeting resistence at the red line (is this th average over the last 6 hours?) but what I'm confused about is the slow stochastic on the 10 min graph is near 100%, yet the 30 minute slow stochastic is on the way up - what should I read into this?

This looks alot like a short to me, i would make a horizontal line and put a short at that line you get. Youcan also tell that its goind sideways and have come down from a steep move down. So this will most likely chopp in a range now and you can short it on the high end of that range and then buy at the low end. If you stil wants to buy it, then wait for that horizontal line to break and then take a retracement back to that previouse resistance that should act as support.

Just my view of it though, let me know what you think?

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Bit of a rethorical question this. As i've gone live, the inevitable event of a stopout still scares me.
It should wear, i know ;-)
Thing is, i can't decide if i should trade 1 or 2 cars. It's all a matter of moneymanagement of course.
I've tried working it out in a spreadsheet.

Minimum profit is where the stop is put and profit is made when price never makes next target.
Trailing stop moves up to 8,16, 24 every 8 ticks price moves up.
So with 1 car, if price hits +16, TS is moved to +8, if i then get stopped out profit is 8 ticks....

Comments anyone?

Hey Willem, the reason for doing 2 contracts is mainly to give you peace of mind.
As i still struggle from time to time with my fear and gread i need some sort of buffer that can act as a emotional pillow when trading.

The risk reward will remain 1/1 when 2 conttracts, imagine this:

Getting first target at nq witch is 6 ticks, is pretty easy ,and the chance of getting it is veryyy veryy high, if you buy at a level of support or resistacne, there is always a bounce, even if price continues against you , the first bounce usualy gives you the first target. The chance of getting stopped out with 2 contracts is scary, but the ideas with the scale out is that its emotionaly better for me and new traders in my oipinion.

My goal is never to make any money with the first contracts, that was never the intention, the goal is to risk the markets money in a way, not your own money.
When first target is hit(High change of that) then you can relax and the fear will dissaper and you will not be inclined to cover to fast ,and you can even let it run much higher then you would normal do.

If i was 100% sure that price is bounce and go in a certen direction, i would never cover 1 at a marginal place, but in trading there is no 100% sure thing, you need to minizime your risk as fast as possible.That is your first goal, not to make loads of cash on that trade. And if you think about it, when first target is hit, your risk is ZERO, and you are risking the markets money. But if account size is a issue, then risking 2 contracts is not a good idea. But then again you will never be flexible with your trades,moving your stop to breakeven +1 will give you trade very little chance of working, as price always have a trendecy of testing your buy area before rocketing, and your get stopped, and see the trade go to the moon, that is very frustrating.

But you can always try to trail it, if first target is then move stop to breakeven -4 then move the stop to entry level when price gets some distance from your entry.

Your flexebility also increase when you do 4 contracts.

Risk is tottal then 40 ticks, 10ticks pr contracts.
Sell 2 at +6 ticks(+12)
Sell 1 at +12 ticks
sell 1 at +16

This way you can scale out at market moves, and you are grabbing profits as market moves in your direction.

The biggest problem is FEAR of stopouts, you just need to realize that is a part of the game of trading, look at it as business expense. There will be looses, you will never have 100% winners all the time. This is something that will take time to get over, belive me i am still struggling with it. But i find something that help, you should be pretty sure and convinced that the place you are taking the trade is a valid place, that will make you more sure in your conviction about taking that trade, and you will not be fearfull.

WHen there is alot of FEAR when in a trade, then it means that you are putting on a trade on place where you dont ahve a clue about or you are not convinced about the trade to begin with.

I suggest everyone before trading, to sit down and think about all these fellings and just in your own mind tell yourself taht you will be controlled and not trade out of fear or gread. When you have a loosing trade, take a step away from the screen, analzise the trade and then tell yourself why that trade dident work.This will help you find the weakneses in your trading. ANd you will come out stronger from it.

Only with time and controll of your mind can these evil emotions dissaper and you will then start taking trades based on method and not based on fear and gread.

Enough rant from me, talk you all tomorow.

WIth kind regards
Bashir Naimy

This looks alot like a short to me, i would make a horizontal line and put a short at that line you get. Youcan also tell that its goind sideways and have come down from a steep move down. So this will most likely chopp in a range now and you can short it on the high end of that range and then buy at the low end. If you stil wants to buy it, then wait for that horizontal line to break and then take a retracement back to that previouse resistance that should act as support.

Just my view of it though, let me know what you think?

Regards
Bashir Naimy
HI Bashir, thanks for the reply! When you say "make a horizontal line", what do you mean? Do you mean the current price (42.1 in this example)?

What about the fact that the 30 minute chart is going up? Doesn't this mean you should short light to be safe?

If you don't mind me asking, what are the Directional Movement Indexes on the 3 minute chart telling you in this situation?

I've reattached the JPG to save you looking back through the thread, hope thats OK.

Many thanks again.

Attachments

• lloyds.jpg
    lloyds.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 292
Hi Bashir,

just finished reading through 224 pages of this thread, took me many days, since I was following and testing every system change that you came up with, not aware that there will be more and more of them :D Which is great, because I must say that even the first method you posted still works great and I think everyone could make money with it.

But you take it even further by keeping simplifying the charts and updating the rules. Especially the addtitions considering the SR levels are imo very important and this is one of the reasons why autotrader can't perform better than a disciplined trader familiar with the system. Personally I use autotrading for longer term trades, but was never able to make it consistent on intra-day basis. But I look forward to see if you can do it, if the autotrader you work on becomes public, I will love to be amongst first people to subsrcribe to it :clap: Also, have you thought about collective2 or something similar? It can be used as third-party verification of system performance if you ever need it.

Anyway, I'm very thankful to you for your time and being so helpful through this long period of time. It was some great food for brain, and since it's still going on, I very much look forward to your new ideas and video :cheesy: Thank you Bashir, I hope you will meet your new goal without any troubles.

Metatrader 4

Bashir,

I love your system. Best scalping system I have ran accross. I was wondering if I could ask a big favor. I trade GBSUSD on Metatrader 4. I don't have 2min, 9min charts.

I only have 1m,5m,15,30m. Can you recommend the settings on 1m,5,15m that you would use if you traded on the Metatrader 4 plateform. If it's to much to ask I understand but I still thought I would ask.

Thanks,

JS

Bashir,

I Downloaded Sierra Charts. I really like them so far. I can't seem to open a 3min or a 10min chart.

When I go to Charts at the top in the tool bar all I can get is Daily, Weekly, Monthly.

I can get a 1m Intraday chart but thats it.

How do I get the 3min or change to a 3min chart?

Thanks again,

JS

Last edited:
Bashir,

I Downloaded Sierra Charts. I really like them so far. I can't seem to open a 3min or a 10min chart.

When I go to Charts at the top in the tool bar all I can get is Daily, Weekly, Monthly.

I can get a 1m Intraday chart but thats it.

How do I get the 3min or change to a 3min chart?

Thanks again,

JS

Hi,

Did you pay for level package 3?
If you did that, go to ->file->open intraday chart-> type in your contract (for infinity futures it is nqh9/ymh9, depends on which one you want to trade.
Press enter and the chart comes up. Now it will load all the data from the server. So you won't have to do that every time you bring up a chart.

~Sebas.

Last edited:
Hi
Is anyone trading succesfully with this system? I'v tried on a sim account for 3 weaks without any success.The main problem was with stockastics: when all rules became ok then very offen the move is over and the market reverse and you end up buying the top or selling the bottom. Does anyone has the same problems or it's just me

Hi
Is anyone trading succesfully with this system? I'v tried on a sim account for 3 weaks without any success.The main problem was with stockastics: when all rules became ok then very offen the move is over and the market reverse and you end up buying the top or selling the bottom. Does anyone has the same problems or it's just me

Hi, I know what you mean, the system was not that easy to trade the last couple of weeks. i decided to trade based on priceaction and most say it worked out pretty fine. But this method is still working but you have to wait for the good setups to come along.
One day it works fine, other day it gives almost zero trades...

Hi

Even while using this system, learn to trade price. You will never have this problem.

Ektrader

Hi
This is my first post here.
I want to congratulate to me as well as you all members ,that i came across such a thread that is really sensible.since morning i have been going through this thread to understand the trading style.I started trading only 3 months ago but after paper trading one day i opened account & lost all money in 3 days.Now i have fear to enter the market,,but i want to overcome this fear & re-enter the market.
This system have given me confidence,.I give thanks to Naimy,,buddy ,,great job.
One request please include me in your email ,skype & paltalk.Please do not say no, you are my good hope.
My email: [email protected]
Paltalk:rajafx1

Also tell me which feed is to be added to trade NQ on seirra platform.
Thanks
Raja

Even while using this system, learn to trade price. You will never have this problem.

Ektrader

I totally agree with Ektrader, i've been doing this for the last couple of weeks and must say it keeps you out of the trades you shouldn't take, even if all signals are ''green''.