Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Download the latest prerelease and it will work.

I will add scaling out and first target will be automated as well.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,
Thanks for the study. I have been looking for a way to get into the studies but the SC instructions are somewhat nebulous. Now that I can see how to integrate all of the charts together with buried logic, I can start to manipulate this somewhat to change as I see fit. I am running this on equities and noticed that the MACD difference of .3 is too great to ever hit a buy long signal. Is this true for the YM as well? Anyways, this will give me a nice little project to play with for some time. Your help as usual is appreciated.

For Sebastian, if you are somewhat computer savvy, you could change this from an autotrader to just help identify when your criteria is met. For each chart, you could highlight or change to a certain color when each of your conditions are met. This will not necessarily automate the trading for you, but will make it much easier to identify when the stochastics have crossed and also make it easier to keep track of multiple windows. When the right windows have changed color (say the 10 minute, 3 minute and 1 minute) then you will have your manual buy signal. Just a thought.

ez

I'm getting the same. I assume Bashir is using a newer version of Sierra.

Bashir - what version of Sierra are you using? Many thanks.

I did the same thing this morning and couldn't get Infinity to connect once I got the SC prerelease loaded. The autotrade chart opened fine but couldn't get the infinity working with it. I'll post here what i figure out to get it working properly, hopefully by tomorrow. For now I'm back to the current release of SC and studying the manual charts!

Thanks Bashir for willingness to share your methods !

Hay Bashir if you ever think going to Toronto You can stay at my place in a guest bedroom and I will show you around Niagara falls................and other places
Just let me Know (416)2783853.
Vit.

Thanks vit, thats very generouse of you . I will for sure take you on that offer whenever i am Toronto.I actualy have two uncles in Toronto as well :cheesy:

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,
Thanks for the study. I have been looking for a way to get into the studies but the SC instructions are somewhat nebulous. Now that I can see how to integrate all of the charts together with buried logic, I can start to manipulate this somewhat to change as I see fit. I am running this on equities and noticed that the MACD difference of .3 is too great to ever hit a buy long signal. Is this true for the YM as well? Anyways, this will give me a nice little project to play with for some time. Your help as usual is appreciated.

For Sebastian, if you are somewhat computer savvy, you could change this from an autotrader to just help identify when your criteria is met. For each chart, you could highlight or change to a certain color when each of your conditions are met. This will not necessarily automate the trading for you, but will make it much easier to identify when the stochastics have crossed and also make it easier to keep track of multiple windows. When the right windows have changed color (say the 10 minute, 3 minute and 1 minute) then you will have your manual buy signal. Just a thought.

ez

Hi Ez, i am using 0.4 and thats for the macd and thats seems to work ok, but thats not my only buy requirement, i have 4 other charts as well that must be in the green.
So in most cases i will not be getting long or short at the bottom or long at the top.

So i use a tottal of 5 chart to get my entry.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

I will contact our c++ programer in the group as i have problems with scaling out and doing breakevens with the excel commdands. Will have it ready hopefully within a day or so.

Today was not that bad, got around 108 ticks, most of it was at the end.

I suggest everybody do this :
Take profit at +10 and then move stop to entry point, in this marked u dont want to give 1 single tick back . As price is all over the place.

So instead of 3-4 breakevens where u dont make anything, then you will make 30-40 ticks instead. Better then Zero ;)

Use it this way, until the end of this month, i belive marked will stay choppy and awefull.
Go to normal way of doing it , in january.Hopefully everybody dide well today.

With kind regards
Bashir naimy

I will contact our c++ programer in the group as i have problems with scaling out and doing breakevens with the excel commdands. Will have it ready hopefully within a day or so.

Today was not that bad, got around 108 ticks, most of it was at the end.

I suggest everybody do this :
Take profit at +10 and then move stop to entry point, in this marked u dont want to give 1 single tick back . As price is all over the place.

So instead of 3-4 breakevens where u dont make anything, then you will make 30-40 ticks instead. Better then Zero ;)

Use it this way, until the end of this month, i belive marked will stay choppy and awefull.
Go to normal way of doing it , in january.Hopefully everybody dide well today.

With kind regards
Bashir naimy

Bashir,
That would be great! If possible, could you include the source code as a .cpp file? That way I could work on any changes necessary for equities. Thank you.

Bashir,
That would be great! If possible, could you include the source code as a .cpp file? That way I could work on any changes necessary for equities. Thank you.

I will be making the changes all in excel commands ezready, as most of the guys dont know c++. That way they can also change the settings whenever they fell like it.

As i am not good in either excel or c++, thats why i need to ask my friend toget it done, ill ask him about your request, but if he will do it or not thats all up to him to decide as i am not capable to get that done.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I will be making the changes all in excel commands ezready, as most of the guys dont know c++. That way they can also change the settings whenever they fell like it.

As i am not good in either excel or c++, thats why i need to ask my friend toget it done, ill ask him about your request, but if he will do it or not thats all up to him to decide as i am not capable to get that done.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Understood. Thanks again for the assistance. I also do not know C++, but I have had enough programming classes where I can follow the logic and make the necessary changes to the values or even change variables if need be. SC has mapped out their indicators, so that is not an issue and the program comes with its own compiler. Nifty little program. Had not even looked at SC until this thread. Thanks again.

Understood. Thanks again for the assistance. I also do not know C++, but I have had enough programming classes where I can follow the logic and make the necessary changes to the values or even change variables if need be. SC has mapped out their indicators, so that is not an issue and the program comes with its own compiler. Nifty little program. Had not even looked at SC until this thread. Thanks again.

You gotta love it (SC) right? I do!

Bashir, Thanks for sharing this system with all of us I really do appreciate it..
I have implemented the parameters, and am having some questions, mostly about entry, I have read all your threads but their is still a little confusion. You said yesterday you made most of your profits at the end of the day where as I gave mine back, So I am definitely not using this system correctly. Is thier anyway you could explain your entry points yesterday.
Maybe that could be a good start for me to see where I am going wrong..
Thanks again for your help
Lawrence

You gotta love it (SC) right? I do!

I can tell that I will love it, but right now I have too steep of a learning curve. It certainly has all the bells and whistles and the support forum works well with the staff being very responsive. No complaints on that end either.

Bashir, Thanks for sharing this system with all of us I really do appreciate it..
I have implemented the parameters, and am having some questions, mostly about entry, I have read all your threads but their is still a little confusion. You said yesterday you made most of your profits at the end of the day where as I gave mine back, So I am definitely not using this system correctly. Is thier anyway you could explain your entry points yesterday.
Maybe that could be a good start for me to see where I am going wrong..
Thanks again for your help
Lawrence

Well Lawrence, the reason you are not getting the same results is that i am using a different method,the method i am using is trying to get those big moves, 20-30 tick moves are not good for my private method.So in the beginning of the day when there was not much movment, thats where you guys can make good money as your targets are smaller. But at that point im not making anything,maybe taking a few ticks here and there. But when there is a big move i get 75% of it.

But if you tell me what day we are talking about then i can check that day and tell you what you dide wrong or right, THe day before fed day and after have been really ****ty. And its been a difficult inviroment to be in, and if you dident loose anything then that is in itself a big archivemnt.

If you give me some explamples of trades you dide that day, i will give you ideas and what you can do to fix those problems and how to increase profits.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Here is a tottaly new autotrader, that will give you much better results, when scaling out and breakeven funktions are fixed i will add that.

So far its just buying 1 car and have a autostop at -20 ticks. And will exit when
the indicators tells it to.

Just give it a try and be amazed :cheesy:
Will give you entrys very close to my private method and sometimes even beats me ;)
Only 4 charts and very basic indiators are used and will give very good results.

So give it a test, it will not send orders to the exhange, unless u go into the chartbook settings and tell it to.So no need to worrie.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Attachments

• room.zip
    380.3 KB · Views: 254
Here is a tottaly new autotrader, that will give you much better results, when scaling out and breakeven funktions are fixed i will add that.

So far its just buying 1 car and have a autostop at -20 ticks. And will exit when
the indicators tells it to.

Just give it a try and be amazed :cheesy:
Will give you entrys very close to my private method and sometimes even beats me ;)
Only 4 charts and very basic indiators are used and will give very good results.

So give it a test, it will not send orders to the exhange, unless u go into the chartbook settings and tell it to.So no need to worrie.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir,

You are doing a great job man...
could you give me a summary of the signals that are used for this system?
Thanks again and see you in the chat.

Cheers,

Sebastian

EDIT: never mind, already seen it.

Last edited:

Well Lawrence, the reason you are not getting the same results is that i am using a different method,the method i am using is trying to get those big moves, 20-30 tick moves are not good for my private method.So in the beginning of the day when there was not much movment, thats where you guys can make good money as your targets are smaller. But at that point im not making anything,maybe taking a few ticks here and there. But when there is a big move i get 75% of it.

But if you tell me what day we are talking about then i can check that day and tell you what you dide wrong or right, THe day before fed day and after have been really ****ty. And its been a difficult inviroment to be in, and if you dident loose anything then that is in itself a big archivemnt.

If you give me some explamples of trades you dide that day, i will give you ideas and what you can do to fix those problems and how to increase profits.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,
The day i was referring to was Wed. the 17th.
I am using the system to trade SPY.
This shouldn't make a difference should it?
Also I am using a 1 min with 100, 50 moving averages instead of 144 tick, do you think this will hinder my results?

hi guys - is the chatroom still around? was trying to get in today using my favourites & my bookmark said the room doesn't exist???

Bashir,
The day i was referring to was Wed. the 17th.
I am using the system to trade SPY.
This shouldn't make a difference should it?
Also I am using a 1 min with 100, 50 moving averages instead of 144 tick, do you think this will hinder my results?

You dont need to use the 100 and 50 ma, as that is redundent now.
I sugggest you ditch the 144tick, use a 89tick instead.as the 144tick is redundent now.
Use the 1min+3min+10min+30min charts and use 10 ema on all of them.
And use slow stochastics on them as well.I suggest you also use a 2min chart with a macd, if u are using a 3min chart with macd, then remove the macd on the 3min(keep the 3min chart). And just use the 2minchart with macd. Will give better results.

Give me more info what your problems where that day, and it dont matter what marked you are using it one, as it should work on any marked.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I think you are using the old method, please use the new trading method as that will give better results. You will find it on the 109 page.

hi guys - is the chatroom still around? was trying to get in today using my favourites & my bookmark said the room doesn't exist???

The Chat room is still around, it should exist as i was there today.
Maybe its closed now, when its late it gets closed.

But today there was fwe people there as christmans is close and it was friday, i though it would be a really choppy day, but made a tottal 235 ticks today :D

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

There is a problem with version 365 version of sierrachart, and some of stop and breakeven funktions on the autotrader is not working. And sierracharts are turning the blind eye, so i will try to get a hold of the 364 version as that works, but those idiots have deleted it, so i need afriend of min to send it to me.

I will make that version available here, otherwise those breakeven and last contract cover will not work .Wish i never downloaded that version to begin with.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

You dont need to use the 100 and 50 ma, as that is redundent now.
I sugggest you ditch the 144tick, use a 89tick instead.as the 144tick is redundent now.
Use the 1min+3min+10min+30min charts and use 10 ema on all of them.
And use slow stochastics on them as well.I suggest you also use a 2min chart with a macd, if u are using a 3min chart with macd, then remove the macd on the 3min(keep the 3min chart). And just use the 2minchart with macd. Will give better results.

Give me more info what your problems where that day, and it dont matter what marked you are using it one, as it should work on any marked.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I think you are using the old method, please use the new trading method as that will give better results. You will find it on the 109 page.

I was on an outdated setup and I never had a tick chart, I imputed everything you said and we will have to see over the next few weeks where we are.
I might be reading the charts wrong .I first look to the higher time frames (10 most important)
then I look to the 1 min (now the 89tick) to make sure it is over or under the moving average
then make sure my 3 min slow stoch, isn't overbought or over sold
make sure the macd isn't going against me

This is the main indicators i am looking at, and in this order.
Am I off on anything?
also , how long do you wait once the 89 tick has crossed the moving average until you are ready to enter your trade, lately(last 4days) once it has crossed it has been running down a bit.
Thanks a tom for your help