Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hi, i am not completly sure, but i think the slow stochastics is the same as the normal stochastics.And from the picture you just shown me, the settings are all fine.
But as a extra thing that i am using, if you have the option to choose what type of moving average type i would choose the whilder's moving average, its alot better then the normal simplemoving average the slow stoch is using.

From the looks of things, it seem the Esignal program is very basic, i find sierracharts to be alot more advanced then anything else out there, graphic wise, its not much to look at,but its super advanced and cost me only 26usd prmonth.. I strongly recommend you get that instead.

But your guys settings looks just fine, but i cant be sure if the slow stoch and the normal stoch are the same. I can choose from slow stoch and fast stoch, i presume the slow stoch i am using is the same as the normal stoch that u guys are using.
And nother thing, stochastics on different platform produce different results it seems.

Anyways, show me a picture with your normal stoch on a 1 min chart on the first 1hour of trading from today , and i will see how similer it is to mine.

On the attachment is a picture of a 1min chart, the fist stoch is a slow stoch with whilder's moving average and the second stoch is a also a slow stoch with the defauly simple moving average.

Have a look and compare that you yours, the settings are still the same, 10.3.3

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Thank you for your answer Bashir. Unfortunately i'm not subscribed for the YM in Esignal but i have the YM in IB.
So that's why i can't check this, i'll ask JOKEPIE who is a Esignal YM user...
Thanks again for your detailed explanation.
I'll come back to this.

Now trying to have the same setup as you do. :cheesy:

Regards,

Sebastian

Hi Bapovs,

I will do the same, Its amazing that their best package is only 1/3 rd the cost of Esignal. there's some thinking need to be done. I will order a demo today as well.

regards.
joker

Hi Joker,

Can you maybe make a screenshot of your YM in Esignal with the Stochastics as described in the previous post from Bashir Naimy? I don't have a subscription in Esignal for the YM.

Thanks

Hi Joker,

Can you maybe make a screenshot of your YM in Esignal with the Stochastics as described in the previous post from Bashir Naimy? I don't have a subscription in Esignal for the YM.

Thanks

Hi Bapovs,

Unfortunately i dont trade YM and dont have futures subscription frm esignal. what i will do is , pick a stock and post it hers and have bashir look at it, coz i think it does not matter if its a stock or future !

hope this helps,

Joker

Hi Bashir

Is the first tradingmethod.txt file still the correct one? I see sometimes in your examples that you are using 5 charts instead of the 4 charts you are showing in your attachments.
Maybe you have a complete layout of your Sierrachart setup?

to Jokepie; i checked the slow stochastics with the one in Esignal and those are not the same.

Regards,

Sebastian

Hi Bashir

Is the first tradingmethod.txt file still the correct one? I see sometimes in your examples that you are using 5 charts instead of the 4 charts you are showing in your attachments.
Maybe you have a complete layout of your Sierrachart setup?

to Jokepie; i checked the slow stochastics with the one in Esignal and those are not the same.

Regards,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian, tthe method you are looking at is an old method, i have posted a tottal of 3 different methods in this thread, if you go back to around page 30 and above i belive, you will find the the newest setup and also a text file with the rules, there is also a video there can gives explanation to how the method works as well.Please look it up, if u cant find it, let me know and i will find it for you ;)

With kind regards
Bashir NAimy

How was ur day today at market , Bashir ?

regards,

Joker

Trading today was pretty good actualy, there was 1 good trade early in the day where you would have gotten +10 +30 and in lunch time there was many trades to be had, but i never trade in lunchtime, after lunch there was around 3 good trades that you could have taken.

I dide only do 1 trade early in the morning, and rest of the day i was on sim, on my cash account io only managed to get around 45 ticks. dide two trades and both where winners.1 trade was +15 and second was 2 contracst with +10 +30.

Rest of the day i was on sim and made around 180 ticks, the vix was at 69 most of the time , so i was not willing to trade with real cash when the marked requires to high stops from me.

Wish i was on real cash account all day long, but i was aprahensive when it comes to the VIX being so high,when it calmes down to 60-64 i will then do trading after lunch as well.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Based on your comments, I do have a further question if that is ok Can I ask how far away from entry you are placing your initial stop? From memory, I remember Bashir mentioning that he used a 30tick stop.

If this is similar to you then at $20AUD per tick (10Euro) then we are looking at an initial risk of around $600AUD. Using a 2% risk per trade rule would require $30k AUD to trade this strategy assuming only 1 position is taken at any one time. This seems a little high so would welcome your thoughts on my interpretation of this....

Hey Chorlton,

Just thought I'd post my reply on the thread as people may find it useful when trading markets other than the YM. The market I have been back testing is the DJ EURO STOXX 50.

First up I base my stop on the ATR - 5min, 6 period SMA. The rules I use (updated from my previous post) are ATR between 1 to 16 use a 10 tick stop. Anything over 16 I do not trade as the risk of getting stopped out is too great. The ATR generally sits around 10 so this is my SL & TP. I want to achieve 1/1. Now I dont have a big account so I only trade 1 contact. However I treat the trade as if i were trading 2 contacts. For example my target is always 10 ticks but when the trade is 5 ticks in my favour I tighten my SL to break even (not including fees... i need to give the trade some room) then i will exit if it reverses or take the full 10 ticks profit if it continues.

Now 10 ticks (calculated in Euro's) is around $125.00 USD (not incl commish) Which is around 2.5% of $5000USD capital. So this is the maximum I would suggest risking for every $5000USD. For every $5000USD you have in additional capital you can increase the contract amount. Thus allowing for a more strategic profit taking formula.

Now you'll noticed I haven't quoted anything In Australian dollars. Reason being is my brokerage account is in USD and I feel there is no point in trying to confuse matters. It only becomes an issue when I need to draw funds out (which I don't plan on doing until I'm a full time trader) If i were a full time trader I would withdraw monthly, however this would not be set in concrete... I would be flexible while keeping an eye on the AUD/USD to strategically get the most out of the currency conversion.

Hope this helps

Good trading :clover:

Cheers
JWG

Last edited:
Excelent reply JWG:clap:

Hopefully i will be able to trade all day tomorow, will post trades from tomorow on the YM.Though some might find that usefull.
With kind regards

Bashir Naimy

Excelent reply JWG:clap:

Hopefully i will be able to trade all day tomorow, will post trades from tomorow on the YM.Though some might find that usefull.
With kind regards

Bashir Naimy

Thanks Bashir,

I'm glad I can contribute to your fantastic thread. I'd appreciate it if you could add to my reputation by recommending the post for others. (y)

Cheers
JWG

I will try to make a new video where i will talk more about the method and a better way of using it and sqeezing more trades out of 1 move, and why and how you should
use the slow stochastics with the whilder's method.

I know there are a couple of pitfalls in this method if not done right, so i will make
some changes to 1 of the rules and add more info on how to get into a move sooner before even getting the retracement.

Will try to post it this week, hopefully in a couple of days.

WIth kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hey Chorlton,

Just thought I'd post my reply on the thread as people may find it useful when trading markets other than the YM. The market I have been back testing is the DJ EURO STOXX 50.

First up I base my stop on the ATR - 5min, 6 period SMA. The rules I use (updated from my previous post) are ATR between 1 to 16 use a 10 tick stop. Anything over 16 I do not trade as the risk of getting stopped out is too great. The ATR generally sits around 10 so this is my SL & TP. I want to achieve 1/1. Now I dont have a big account so I only trade 1 contact. However I treat the trade as if i were trading 2 contacts. For example my target is always 10 ticks but when the trade is 5 ticks in my favour I tighten my SL to break even (not including fees... i need to give the trade some room) then i will exit if it reverses or take the full 10 ticks profit if it continues.

Now 10 ticks (calculated in Euro's) is around $125.00 USD (not incl commish) Which is around 2.5% of $5000USD capital. So this is the maximum I would suggest risking for every $5000USD. For every $5000USD you have in additional capital you can increase the contract amount. Thus allowing for a more strategic profit taking formula.

Now you'll noticed I haven't quoted anything In Australian dollars. Reason being is my brokerage account is in USD and I feel there is no point in trying to confuse matters. It only becomes an issue when I need to draw funds out (which I don't plan on doing until I'm a full time trader) If i were a full time trader I would withdraw monthly, however this would not be set in concrete... I would be flexible while keeping an eye on the AUD/USD to strategically get the most out of the currency conversion.

Hope this helps

Good trading :clover:

Cheers
JWG

Hi JWG,

Many Thanks for your detailed reply.....

Regards,

Chorlton

total capital risk per trade

I will try to make a new video where i will talk more about the method and a better way of using it and sqeezing more trades out of 1 move, and why and how you should
use the slow stochastics with the whilder's method.

I know there are a couple of pitfalls in this method if not done right, so i will make
some changes to 1 of the rules and add more info on how to get into a move sooner before even getting the retracement.

Will try to post it this week, hopefully in a couple of days.

WIth kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

Looking forward to this next updated video with some of your new insights.

Regarding those of us trading with very small accounts (less than $15,000) your method seems to give the best results with a minimum of 2 contracts traded per set up. This starts you off with a $200 to $300 risk (depending on if you are using a 20 tick or 30 tick stop loss). I know the system gives you a high rate of success (almost 90%) but a $300 loss in a $10,000 account equates to a 3% risk of total capital. As you have more experience, do you think this is an excessive amount to risk in a smaller account? Did you start off trading a minimum of 2 contracts from the start of your trading career? Just curious on your thoughts with this issue.

I was thinking one way to reduce the risk would be to try to trade the breakout or breakdown through the 15 EMA with 1 contract first (assuming it's profitable) and then the retracement as per your system. I think you mentioned this before as hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.

Vix

Bashir I have been following your thread with intersest, thanks for sharing your method, Can you tell me what the VIX is? and why dont you trade when it is at 69?
Hope you can shed some light

Hi Sebastian, tthe method you are looking at is an old method, i have posted a tottal of 3 different methods in this thread, if you go back to around page 30 and above i belive, you will find the the newest setup and also a text file with the rules, there is also a video there can gives explanation to how the method works as well.Please look it up, if u cant find it, let me know and i will find it for you ;)

With kind regards
Bashir NAimy

Hi, Bashir,

i found it, it was on page 37.
I do have some questions, maybe you have time for me to answer these.
Is this the last one without any changes made sofar?
I was wondering about the pivots, is that in sierra charts the daily pivots or the variable?
Also the Whilders line, it shows up alot on the forum, but do you use them in your trading?
In other words, is the whilders MA better than the Exp MA?
When you are talking about the Stochastics going your way, do you mean the green line crosses
the purple line below the 30 level or above the 30 level for a positive chart?

See attachment for your rules and my stochastics question.

Thanks in advance Bashir...

Attachments

• final rules.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 344
  • Stochastics.png
    Stochastics.png
    48 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Bashir,

Looking forward to this next updated video with some of your new insights.

Regarding those of us trading with very small accounts (less than $15,000) your method seems to give the best results with a minimum of 2 contracts traded per set up. This starts you off with a $200 to $300 risk (depending on if you are using a 20 tick or 30 tick stop loss). I know the system gives you a high rate of success (almost 90%) but a $300 loss in a $10,000 account equates to a 3% risk of total capital. As you have more experience, do you think this is an excessive amount to risk in a smaller account? Did you start off trading a minimum of 2 contracts from the start of your trading career? Just curious on your thoughts with this issue.

I was thinking one way to reduce the risk would be to try to trade the breakout or breakdown through the 15 EMA with 1 contract first (assuming it's profitable) and then the retracement as per your system. I think you mentioned this before as hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.

Hi santana, i started out with a 10k account, and i have been doing 2 contracts ever since almost :D I know i sometimes use 30tick stops,but i suggest those with 10k account use 20tick stops, if the marked is so volatile that it requires 30t+ tick stops, then i woould suggset that person not to trade for that day.

When doing 20ticks stops, then that would be 200usd and 2% of the account and that should be okey, as the account grows the 2 contracts will be less and less % of the the account and risk will be lowered.The importent thing is to get the account size to a level where risking 2 contracts is only 1% of the account. After that i would wait for the account to grow 40k and then start doing 4 cars, and using same profit targets and same method , and then wait for account to grow to 8 cars and do the same over and over again.If this was 50% hitrate method, then i would never in my wilderst dreams risk 2-3% of account, cause that would give you huge drawdown before hittting that big trade. You could be down 20% before getting a good homerun trade. Cause methods with low hitrate usualy try to get into a trend, and they make alot of misses before they actualy are in one.

Imagine doing 2 trades with 2 contracts each day for 20 days a month:
(40ticks x 20days) - (4tick commision x20days) = 720ticks pr month = 3600 usd.
Thats a 36% increase of the account, so getting it to grow will be going very fast.

If not 2 trades a day, even 1 trade a day will give you a 18% increase in account each month, i think 2 good trade pr day is more then possible.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

What i mean with hitting to birds with 1 stone is that when price breaks the last support or resistance, is that you wait for it to break, u dont do a breakout.
When a 1min bar is closed below that last support/resistance, then start look at your 89tick chart and buy it at the 15expon ma, make sure that the 1min stoch is on your side.
That way you can ride that breakout pretty easly, as soon as the 1min stoch is getting overbough/oversold then wait for your retracement/pullback, and do a second trade.

Thats a good way of getting 2 trades out of 1 move.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir I have been following your thread with intersest, thanks for sharing your method, Can you tell me what the VIX is? and why dont you trade when it is at 69?
Hope you can shed some light

Hi kipper, the vix shows the marked volatility, and basicly is a fear gauge.
When its above 65, be very carefull with trading,cause getting stopped out is very easy.
ANd if it gets to 69 or higher, i would stop trading, at least thats what ido .

Basicly a lower vix is better, as price is not that volatile.

Here is a link to the vix chart:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=^VIX&t=1y

And whilliem also have some good links for you, i suggest you read up one those.

Good trading to you ;)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi, Bashir,

i found it, it was on page 37.
Is this the last one without any changes made sofar?
I was wondering about the pivots, is that in sierra charts the daily pivots or the variable?
Also the Whilders line, it shows up alot on the forum, but do you use them in your trading? In other words, is the whilders MA better than the Exp MA
See attachment for yout rules.

Thanks in advance Bashir...

Hi, this is the latest file, so you are correct with this file.
The daily pivots is a funtion is sierrachart, they are automaticly drawn for me in my chart. ANd they are different each day.But the software does that for me, most software have that funktion.

I use whilder's in my slow stochastics, not everybody have that funktion available, so if u dont have it then you can still use a normal slow stocahstics, remember each softwarer will show the slow stochastics differently.So the Whilder's ma is not a moving average that i use a line on my charts, its a moving average that is used to smoothen out the slow stochastics,because normaly the slow stochastics used a simple moving average, and that is kinda to sensetive to price action.

Your stochastics question is easy, my suggestion is, keep it simple.
When the two lines have crossed thats all you need to know, dont give any more thoughts about that levels on the stocshsatics.IF the two lines have crossed and are going up, then thats what you need to know, if its
below the 30level or above, does not matter.If i missunderstodd the question, the let me know and i will try ot answer it better.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir

I would just like to thank you for pointing me in the direction of Infinity and Sierra Charts, I’ve just signed up with them both and all looks good so far.

Might take me a while to get my head around Sierra though !

Infinity seems to make my old GF Global account with Strategy Running platform seem old fashioned and slow.

Cheers
Tony