Help with analysing EOD data

CarpeUK

All,

I need help (ok ok lots of it) :)

I am looking for an application/program I can use to analyse EOD, weekly, monthly & yearly data. I have been searching the web but to no avail.

I have no experience in programming so back testing is out of the window (well from what I have read you need to code to back test) I am more interested in analysing EOD data. I have no experience in this so if anyone can point me in the right direction then please do.

Thanks
CarpeUK

You've not told us which markets or stocks you wish to analyse.

If it's UK markets then ShareScope is good.

If it's US markets then TS2000 is good.

Both are reasonably priced, and will give you a feel for software. Both can do backtesting to some degree.

Just put .co.uk and .com after the names for the links.

Skimbleshanks said:
You've not told us which markets or stocks you wish to analyse.

If it's UK markets then ShareScope is good.

If it's US markets then TS2000 is good.

Both are reasonably priced, and will give you a feel for software. Both can do backtesting to some degree.

Just put .co.uk and .com after the names for the links.

Skimbleshanks

Sorry i should have said. I am refering to FX data. Can you help?

CarpeUK

X-Ray Specs said:

X-Ray,

Your post is blank but I received it by mail.

This is going to sound strange but I am not sure what I am looking for as yet. What I mean by this is I am currently trading GBP/USD, Eur/USD & Eur/GBP using my end of day charts with indicators to give me some sort of idea what will happen the following day.

For the last week or so I have been doing very well, been hitting 30/50pips per day profit so this is not to bad but for some reason EUR/GBP seems to be my biggest losing trade, cant seem to get this right.

I have no experience with Analyzing apps so if I can find a way to help me improve my current trading system that would be good. If I can get a better return on EUR/GBP I think my daily profit will increase to 80+

Thanks
CarpeUK

CarpeUK

Ok to keep this very simple this is what i am looking for

An application that will help me to analyse a daily chart with or without the EW indicator to help me predict/set the best entry & exit levels. No to worried about exits at the moment my main goal is entry points

steven21 said:
Hi,

Have you looked at MetaTrader? It is programmable.

Regards,
Steven.

steven,

Thanks but i am not a programmer so i do not think that will work

CarpeUK

I suggest take a look on Metatrader. you can make virtual trading orders on almost FX market instruments.

link:
http://metaquotes.net/default.htm

it worth take a look. unlike many forex softwares there's no need to have a VALID email address for opening a virtual account and you have various time frames(weekly-daily-H4-....) and many line tools(like support/resistance lines........fibonacci and Gann's lines and more.

Dont fight it! If ur system generates good points on EURUSD then increase the number of contracts in play. Drop GBPUSD. Keep it simple!

Hughmac said:
Dont fight it! If ur system generates good points on EURUSD then increase the number of contracts in play. Drop GBPUSD. Keep it simple!

Thanks but its the EUR/GBP that causes me the biggest loss so far. My biggest earner is GBP/USD, can get some BIG pips from that baby! :)

I seem to be having better trading with EUR/USD now then i did in the start but when i do finaly begin to trade live i will start with Cable (GBP/USD)

CarpeUK

Pervaz said:
If its EW oir GANN then AGET is the best I have seen

Pervaz,

Thanks i have checked out AGET and it looks good but i still do not know how to do EOD data Analyses well enough yet to warrant any kind of expense so if anyone can give me some tips on the best way to do EOD T.A it would be appreciated

Thanks
CarpeUK

C,

AGET is automatically geared with two types of mechanical systems - it is very relaiable for the EW - if you want to do EW manually - read his book. It does require a great deal of effort and patience - but it does make sense (after the 4th time i re-read it!)

Pervaz said:
C,

AGET is automatically geared with two types of mechanical systems - it is very reliable for the EW - if you want to do EW manually - read his book. It does require a great deal of effort and patience - but it does make sense (after the 4th time i re-read it!)

Did not realise that so thats something i will have to look at. Is it possible to get a demo version for 30days or something to try it out first?

Also can this be used on 4x?

CarpeUK

Last edited: