Help please! Need advice from professional traders only

Daniel Lummis

Hey all.

I want to try purchasing a trading course, trading strategy, mentorship, that kind of thing.

I know how much garbage is out there. I assume that most of them that sell their strategies is because they cant make enough money from the strategies themselves.

Those who can't, teach. And all that.

I would like to know from any of the pro's if they have ever bought mentorship, educations, strategies etc.? and what their experience was.

I'm particularly looking for good experiences and recommendations. Not so much negative ones, as I'm sure there will be plenty.

Let me know what you advise.

Thanks

What's your definition of a professional trader? I'm sure you'll find plenty of highly experienced traders willing to give you advice on this site, but I don't think they would label themselves as 'professional'.

I have bought formal training in the past, but this was confined to the principles of TA as applied to long-term trading, plus some basic stop-loss rules etc. It wasn't offered as a cohesive trading strategy and didn't go near corporate fundamentals, economics, forex, commodities, financial products, market access etc. etc.

The reasoning for this (and for me positively recommending it now) was that -

1) TA can be applied to any market and any time-frame once you know the principles

2) you don't need massive fundamental/economic knowledge in order to trade successfully

3) you don't need (and should not attempt) a complicated strategy to trade successfully

4) if you have understood TA, you can develop a strategy in about an hour: you can also pick up a free strategy or a book-based strategy and assess whether it will work for you, in your life-style, in your market, and with your account.

Do learn TA, whether through a training course or self-learning. Don't pay for a strategy.

Hey all.

I want to try purchasing a trading course, trading strategy, mentorship, that kind of thing.

I know how much garbage is out there. I assume that most of them that sell their strategies is because they cant make enough money from the strategies themselves.

Those who can't, teach. And all that.

I would like to know from any of the pro's if they have ever bought mentorship, educations, strategies etc.? and what their experience was.

I'm particularly looking for good experiences and recommendations. Not so much negative ones, as I'm sure there will be plenty.

Let me know what you advise.

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

I’ll see if I can give you some pointers. Come back to me with the following:

What trading instruments are you interested in?
A little about your trading history?
Your motivation for choosing this as a career?

Lee

Things you can be and need to be taught with accuracy.:
What does each candlestick, bar or whatever you use actually mean in terms of price action.
What really moves the Market(s) and influences potential future moves.
The type of Orders, how to place them with accuracy.
Spread or Comissionand how it is involved in risk management.
What indicators are available and also what they really mean.

The above is around about 30% of the knowledge required to consider trading on whatever level. This is why it can be taught. The remainder is business planning, self examination and evaluation strategy. I can break these down into components but as a taster on self examination get a big sheet of paper, split into 2 columns, in the right column record all the things you are good at (strengths) with proven examples, then on the left column write down all your faults (weaknesses) with honest examples (remember no experience to risking financial losses is a huge fault). If you are honest with yourself your weaknesses will fourfold outway your strengths. If you have difficulty with this single act then forget about trading. Self esteem and ego will allow the markets to destroy you.
Nobody is offering you a whizz of a time as they do in expos, some of the bimps in miniskirts are dressed up for a reason and that is to take your money. They used to wander around places like Soho doing the same or so I am told. There, I've given you a huge clue.

I have bought formal training in the past, but this was confined to the principles of TA as applied to long-term trading, plus some basic stop-loss rules etc. It wasn't offered as a cohesive trading strategy and didn't go near corporate fundamentals, economics, forex, commodities, financial products, market access etc. etc.

The reasoning for this (and for me positively recommending it now) was that -

1) TA can be applied to any market and any time-frame once you know the principles

2) you don't need massive fundamental/economic knowledge in order to trade successfully

3) you don't need (and should not attempt) a complicated strategy to trade successfully

4) if you have understood TA, you can develop a strategy in about an hour: you can also pick up a free strategy or a book-based strategy and assess whether it will work for you, in your life-style, in your market, and with your account.

Do learn TA, whether through a training course or self-learning. Don't pay for a strategy.

good advice from Tom .......you can get started with some very robust strategies from the basics above ..

most traders then learn and absorb as they go .....most journeys end up a little random at times as you experiment and research different things ....

but the trading research we do is a little like the path that a famous inventor once said ...(Edison i think)

each experiment I conduct that fails is not deemed a failure by me ...it simply moves me one experiment closer to finding the correct formula !

N

Thanks, nice and informative post. I wanna know what is the best Risk/Reward ratio while trading a $1000 account? Can anyone please guide?

Thanks, nice and informative post. I wanna know what is the best Risk/Reward ratio while trading a $1000 account? Can anyone please guide?
That isn't dependent on account size but rather individual trades.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You have no control over your reward unless you cut your profits short. You have control only over your risk. Your risk will be determined chiefly by determining the likelihood that your trade will succeed vs the likelihood that it will fail. This determination will take work. The account size is irrelevant. More important will be understanding how and why price moves (see Trading Price and The Wyckoff Method).

As mentioned by previous trader.....the secret to good trading is 100% focus and execution on what you can control......trying to manage everything else like risk reward ratios is a waste of time and energy

N

I plan a live webinar on 19th of January for medium advanced traders. All members of our Facebook Group can attend after registering on the link below. We start at 19:00 GMT ( UK time)
During this webinar you will learn:
– what is the MACD
– how can we use Inside and Outside Bars to confirm setups
– two methods of using MACD in trading
– divergence
– maximum and minimum
– a strategy based on Price Action and MACD.
– traders checklist: how to find setups compatible with your strategy
– practical examples on Live charts
Duration: ca 2 hours
Start: 19:00 GMT
All you need is an internet connection. REGISTRATION link below:

REGISTRATION HERE: https://webinar.getresponse.com/B5A2/trading-with-macd—strategies-based-on-price-action-and-macd

Attachments

• Upcoming Webinars.png
    Upcoming Webinars.png
    48 KB · Views: 335
I'm struggling here ....

I published some free training links recently and got them removed....in that link I told peple do not buy anything from the links just use the free stuff....clear advice....and I thought quite useful ?

Then I see someone offering a free webinar 2 posts above that will clearly end up eith trying to sell stuff to our members

So what are the rules here ???

I am a big fan if t2win but it stillgets confusing for me...after 11 years here and 2,5 million views on my main thread....

N

I plan a live webinar on 19th of January for medium advanced traders. All members of our Facebook Group can attend after registering on the link below. We start at 19:00 GMT ( UK time)
During this webinar you will learn:

– what is the MACD
– how can we use Inside and Outside Bars to confirm setups
– two methods of using MACD in trading
– divergence
– maximum and minimum
– a strategy based on Price Action and MACD.
– traders checklist: how to find setups compatible with your strategy
– practical examples on Live charts
Duration: ca 2 hours
Start: 19:00 GMT
All you need is an internet connection. REGISTRATION link below:

REGISTRATION HERE: https://webinar.getresponse.com/B5A2/trading-with-macd—strategies-based-on-price-action-and-macd

Please declare if this webinar mentions any fee based courses or training....

N