Options Trading Advisory Services

Bodrey

Greetings from Canada. I'm brand new to this forum. I'm a novice Options trader (< 1 year). That said, I've been successful for the most part until recently. I have several open Call Credit Spread contracts that are all in the red right now. Needless to say, feeling a lot of angst and trepidation at the prospect of suddenly losing a lot of money. Anyway, this has convinced me that I need guidance/advice/mentorship (whatever you want to call it) from others in the know to learn better how to assess potential trade candidates and mitigate risk/reward so I don't find myself in this predicament again.

Anyway, I'm wondering how others feel about Options trading advisory services? I've never subscribed to any of these before. I recently learned about WallStreetZen, and although it's not technically an advisory service I do like their approach and offering. If you opt for their Premium membership you get access to insider buys and Strong Buy recommendations from top trade analysts. Regardless, they have a free screener as well as several pre-built to choose from. Would anyone recommend using one of these? For anyone that has, did you find it beneficial?

Up to now, I've been using a stock screener from Barchart. I know some people may not put a lot of faith in them, but I think knowledge is power. If they help make for more informed trading decisions (even if just from a further validation/confirmation perspective), the better. That said, I've become disillusioned with Barchart as of late. I'd like to hear from anyone else that has used Barchart's screener to discuss the problem I see it having.

Speaking of stock screeners, if anyone has a recommendation for one or more that are more accurate in terms of the direction a stock's movement is set to go (whether that be up or down) please let me know, thanks! That's the issue I have with Barchart now. Again, I can elaborate in a separate thread (this one's already too long... LOL). I'm just wondering if a better approach to finding trade candidates (at least initially until I gain more experience) would be to use an advisory service and a stock screener for added validation/confirmation(?)

Of course, regardless of approach I think having access to trading forums such as this are invaluable; being able to discuss all things trading with like-minded people. I hope to learn a lot from the community here in terms of trading ideas, strategies, and get advice/recommendations.

Sorry for the long-winded thread. Looking forward to your responses. TIA

Greetings from Canada. I'm brand new to this forum. I'm a novice Options trader (< 1 year). That said, I've been successful for the most part until recently. I have several open Call Credit Spread contracts that are all in the red right now. Needless to say, feeling a lot of angst and trepidation at the prospect of suddenly losing a lot of money. Anyway, this has convinced me that I need guidance/advice/mentorship (whatever you want to call it) from others in the know to learn better how to assess potential trade candidates and mitigate risk/reward so I don't find myself in this predicament again.

Anyway, I'm wondering how others feel about Options trading advisory services? I've never subscribed to any of these before. I recently learned about WallStreetZen, and although it's not technically an advisory service I do like their approach and offering. If you opt for their Premium membership you get access to insider buys and Strong Buy recommendations from top trade analysts. Regardless, they have a free screener as well as several pre-built to choose from. Would anyone recommend using one of these? For anyone that has, did you find it beneficial?

Up to now, I've been using a stock screener from Barchart. I know some people may not put a lot of faith in them, but I think knowledge is power. If they help make for more informed trading decisions (even if just from a further validation/confirmation perspective), the better. That said, I've become disillusioned with Barchart as of late. I'd like to hear from anyone else that has used Barchart's screener to discuss the problem I see it having.

Speaking of stock screeners, if anyone has a recommendation for one or more that are more accurate in terms of the direction a stock's movement is set to go (whether that be up or down) please let me know, thanks! That's the issue I have with Barchart now. Again, I can elaborate in a separate thread (this one's already too long... LOL). I'm just wondering if a better approach to finding trade candidates (at least initially until I gain more experience) would be to use an advisory service and a stock screener for added validation/confirmation(?)

Of course, regardless of approach I think having access to trading forums such as this are invaluable; being able to discuss all things trading with like-minded people. I hope to learn a lot from the community here in terms of trading ideas, strategies, and get advice/recommendations.

Sorry for the long-winded thread. Looking forward to your responses. TIA
We (I and the mob) do not discuss trading methods, advise etc. - only pointers.

However, here is something that may or may not be of interest.

The Options Industry Council​

OIC is an industry resource provided by OCC that offers trustworthy education about the benefits and risks of exchange-listed options. Since 1992, OIC has been dedicated to increasing the awareness, knowledge and responsible use of options by individual investors, financial advisors and institutional managers.

OIC's Mission / Getting Started / OCC Learning / Options Quotes

Options - 1.jpg

If the above is found to be of value please consider BTW: section of this post

Last edited:
I use testy trade platform. Very difficult to get filled on credit spread.
@AC007, better use the following link and create a new discussion thread:

B/c this very thread here is about a much different topic as the title indicates ("Options Trading Advisory Services").

A web search finds this text at tastytrade:
"Why is my order not filling?"

Last edited: