Help needed, spike on ETX chart GBP/JPY

terriegym

Sorry guys but need something explaining. There was a massive spike from above 192.468 down to 185.009 on the gbp/jpy. i just went back to the platform to close a £30-40 profit to find i had lost over £800 :cry: yes i know i should have put a stop on but i only went out to make a cup of tea!

this spike is not showing on the AVA trade chart or the Intertrader chart. and not even on the ETX demo chart. Is there any advice anyone can give or do i just have to take the hit!??

IMG_2715.JPG

Sorry for the shock you've had.

Capital Spreads GBP/JPY chart very flat, no spikes. Price not as low as this since 08/07.

Does their chart print from mid- or bid prices? Maybe they widened their stops by a silly %age amount? Or it could be just rogue data - I have had that with SB charts but have had the trade reinstated by Caps in the past.

Sorry for the shock you've had.

Capital Spreads GBP/JPY chart very flat, no spikes. Price not as low as this since 08/07.

Does their chart print from mid- or bid prices? Maybe they widened their stops by a silly %age amount? Or it could be just rogue data - I have had that with SB charts but have had the trade reinstated by Caps in the past.

Thanks for your response.
weirdest thing just happened. laptop battery died so i went back on the mobile just to look at the chart again and low and behold. it was showing a profit of £808. with the 0.20 buy line at the bottom of the spike!!!!!! maybe the open complaint on Facebook helped. :clap::clap::clap::clap:
looking back at the charts (i dont usually do GBP/JPY) these spikes down happen ALOT on ETX. maybe going for the nightly 9.30pm sell position in future with a tight SL this time :whistling

I suppose we can assume it was rogue data just on their platform. At least they have done the right thing by their customer after their mistake, fair play.

Hi terriegym,
Just wondered - does working upside down improve the bottom line - or should I say top line?
:LOL:

Regarding your spike - IMO, it's always best to phone the broker asap and get an explanation direct from the horses before doing anything else. Had the spike been showing on other platforms then, just possibly, something weird happened in the market. That it wasn't, suggests a bit of rogue data just as Tom says and ETX will make good the mistake very swiftly.
Tim.

Hi terriegym,
Just wondered - does working upside down improve the bottom line - or should I say top line?
:LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: the picture was the right way up until i uploaded it on here!! was too tired and unerved to rectify it! however working upside down may improve my trading!! :D I did try and phone but no one was answering.

also wondering, if my trade was on the other way round, when these spikes happen, and i bank a profit. would they then reverse these trades as well?