Fins FTSE spike

tomorton

Guest Author
Finspreads' December FTSE100 chart re-opened at usual time 2300 Sunday night but way up at 7140, no less than 2,708pts above the chart's close Friday night. Got as high as 7180. Continued at about this silly level until 2308 when resumed at 4479 (that's more like it!). Maybe other SB firms using same data feed also showing same spike into the 7,000's?

Might be a good idea to check your positions on this book.

I can't believe this was intended as a serious quote at 7140 but did anyone have an order or stop triggered by this spike? If so, what are you doing about it?

I beleive that there prices are fixed to a set criterior so there should be no losers and no winners. One day I was short in the market when some idiot sold something like a million shares instead of a 1000 and the market fell 100 points. Neddless to say I didnt get the money for the fall

tomorton ?
What was you doing looking at a footsie chart at that time on a sunday night ?
Yes these spike happen, I dont think anyone would have been opened or closed on that spike.
At 7000 I for one would of shorted it LOL ....

At 0043 this morning, I was just waiting for a spike.
No, actually I had had a good rest over the weekend and was waiting for some decent telly to watch or to just fall asleep, whichever came first - I think that's a straddle strategy?